Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog News, Press Releases
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Tull -  Minstrel 40th Anniversary - Steven Wilson
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedTull - Minstrel 40th Anniversary - Steven Wilson

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Tull - Minstrel 40th Anniversary - Steven Wilson
    Posted: March 30 2015 at 05:25
Strange no-one has mentioned this yet....it's been available on pre-order for a number of weeks.

Jethro Tull - Minstrel In the Gallery - 40th Anniversary Le Grande Edition (2CDs/2DVDs)

https://www.burningshed.com/store/jethrotull/product/444/6449/
Gully Foyle View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 30 2015 at 08:27
holy moly - is my head in the sand?  preordered!

this is always battling in my indian restaurant curried-brain for the title of greatest tull album, despite some flaws 

deafmoon View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 30 2015 at 10:56
I'm with you and I like the Baker Street Muse reference! Of course the creme de la creme for me is the title track. Martin Barre, Glascock and Barlow go off into grounds in that song that were pretty much reserved for live instrumental show pieces. There were lots of variations on these jams between these guys in that time period. But to use it as the intro into the electrified segment of the track kicks prog a--! Of course Ian was at his peak with lyric writing as well. Wink 
Deafmoon
Cesar Inca View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 30 2015 at 18:06
I can't get out of this reissue!!!
Catcher10 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 30 2015 at 23:07
Have seen it advertised....no vinyl issue yet. Same as with Aqualung, you get a vinyl if you buy the whole digital super boxset, which I have no desire to own silver discs.

I bet it sounds amazing.
BarryGlibb View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 31 2015 at 01:56
Originally posted by deafmoon deafmoon wrote:

I'm with you and I like the Baker Street Muse reference! Of course the creme de la creme for me is the title track. Martin Barre, Glascock and Barlow go off into grounds in that song that were pretty much reserved for live instrumental show pieces. There were lots of variations on these jams between these guys in that time period. But to use it as the intro into the electrified segment of the track kicks prog a--! Of course Ian was at his peak with lyric writing as well. Wink 

I agree with all of this, however, John Glascock was not on bass; Jeffrey Hammond-Hammond played bass on Minstrel.......it was his final album with Tull.  Glascock joined Tull after MITG.
The Dark Elf View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 31 2015 at 10:53
One of my top five favorite Tull studio albums (the others being Stand Up, Aqualung, Songs from the Wood and A Passion Play). I haven't preordered. I think I can live till it's released. I don't think Ian's offering any discounts for his exorbitantly priced re-re-releases.Wink
...a vigorous circular motion hitherto unknown to the people of this area, but destined
to take the place of the mud shark in your mythology...
Gully Foyle View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 02 2015 at 12:54
Originally posted by deafmoon deafmoon wrote:

If you are a big fan of the song Minstrel, I suggest you check out the version on the Tull Tales tribute album (which is a mixed bag, not unexpectedly) - but Minstrel is a standout
dedokras View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 03 2015 at 06:00
Wow, this is exactly my JT top 5 Clap
http://mlyk.bandcamp.com/
 Post Reply Post Reply