Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 30 2015 at 11:38
Originally posted by timothy leary timothy leary wrote:

I hate the Cardinals.
ClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClap
There is no dark side in the moon, really... Matter of fact, it's all dark...
rushfan4 View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 30 2015 at 18:09
Originally posted by Roj Roj wrote:

Originally posted by rushfan4 rushfan4 wrote:

To paraphrase Dio "It's like a Rainbow in the Park"

That's a fabulous pic Scott.

Have you still got season tickets?  The Tigers going pretty well so far.

Over this side of the pond we're getting an average of 1-2 games a night (though mostly too late to watch live) which is great for us Brits who like baseball.

One game I did catch last week was the Yankees-Mets subway game.  And to my delight it ended in an 8-2 win for the Mets.  Sorry Yankees fans.  That Harvey guy looks a great pitcher.
I do have season tickets again this year.  The Tigers are 5 and 0 in the games that I didn't attend and 3 and 5 in the ones that I did attend, so I am thinking that maybe I shouldn't have renewed them this year. LOL  They are off to a good start this year.  A big 4-game weekend series with the Royals starts today. 
Roj View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 01 2015 at 08:13
^ My recommendation, just make sure you sell on the tickets for playoff games - should ensure progress!!
Intruder View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 29 2015 at 04:48
To revive the MLB thread, here are a few AL observations after the first quarter of the season:
- Knew the Astros were building for a future run, but that they're succeeding so soon is astounding.  They are clearly the team to beat in the West.  It helps that Angels and A's are stumbling and the Mariners are underperforming (still can't understand why the M's would pick up F. Rodney to close....why build a team for a run, then put that clown in the position to close games?) 

- The Indians will win the Central.  The Tigers and Royals got out to quick start, but there's too much talent in Cleveland to not make a run.  The Twins are also a massive surprise - they swept my Red Sox last week and look solid.  They won't win anything, but they're far from the walkover we all thought they'd be.

- The AL East is a ball....five teams whapping each other with giant pillows.  Nothing will come out of the division, there are no champions here, but it's already heating up.  3 games separate first and last and no team is a clear favorite.  I say the Rays fade; the Yanks tire; the Jays flop as usual; that leaves the O's and Sox.....the O's have the most talent in the division but are always an arm too short.  The Red Sox by default!  I'm a fan and as much as I would love to think the Sox may win the division, I just don't see it.  They don't hit with RISP and the pitching is Jeckly and Hyde with not much to rely on.  Plus, the coach is proving again and again that he's in over his head. 
I like to feel the suspense when you're certain you know I am there.....
rushfan4 View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 29 2015 at 08:28
I am really getting frustrated with the Tigers lack of offense.  Even though they are in the top 5 of most offensive categories, they have scored 2 runs or less in over half of their games.  They just took 2 out of 3 against the Oakland A's, while only scoring 4 runs.  3 of them on a Yoenis Cespedes swing of the bat.  And last night they got skunked 12 to 1 against the Angels; and scored their only run when Miguel Cabrera was hit by a pitch with the bases loaded.  Sadly, that has become a big joke amongst us Tigers' fans.  Asking for a walk or wild pitch with the bases loaded because either those are grounding into a double play are the only way they can seem to score this year. 

Edit: My bad.  The Tigers doubled in a meaningless run to make it 12 to 2 in the 9th inning long after anyone cared about this game anymore.

Edited by rushfan4 - May 29 2015 at 08:39
JJLehto View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 29 2015 at 14:50
After a long, dark nightmare the Mets seem to have a damn impressive pitching staff assembled, and looking to only get better, and perhaps the beginning pieces of an offense. 

The Yanks are certainly still in rebuilding mode but we have a real best duo in Andrew Miller and Dellin Betances. So glad they didnt do a typical yankees move and trade Betances for the first decent player they can get. He may be a future stud. 

Who would've thought A bum of all people would be the team MVP so far...Cryand that he, Tex, and Ellsbury, when healthy, have been the glue to the offense. 

Edited by JJLehto - May 29 2015 at 14:52
JJLehto View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 29 2015 at 14:53
Originally posted by sublime220 sublime220 wrote:

I hate the Cardinals.

I like the Cards, they have always been my #2 team behind the Yanks so really I am upsetting everyone in here double timeLOL
Metalmarsh89 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 31 2015 at 14:24
Boy, I wish the Reds could play like they are against the Nationals against every team. Stern Smile

But hey, this is turning into a fun series to watch.
Want to play mafia? Visit here.
Roj View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 25 2015 at 07:59
Just one question.  Do the Mets plan to ever win another game at some point.  As it stands Harvey & co. need to pitch a scoreless game just to take it to extra innings.  They have a great pitching rotation but hitting?  Couldn't hit a cow's backside with a banjo.

timothy leary View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 25 2015 at 09:57
Originally posted by JJLehto JJLehto wrote:

Originally posted by sublime220 sublime220 wrote:

I hate the Cardinals.

I like the Cards, they have always been my #2 team behind the Yanks so really I am upsetting everyone in here double timeLOL
I hate the cards. My hate for them is probably older than JLehto. It goes back to the Lou Brock trade.

Almost immediately the effects of the trade were felt, as Brock would bat .348 for the Cardinals and lead them to winning the 1964 World Series. Brock also helped the Cardinals to another World Series title in 1967, a pennant in 1968, and played successfully for St. Louis through 1979, amassing 3,023 hits and 938 stolen bases (at the time becoming baseball's all-time leader in stolen bases) en route to his Hall of Fame election in 1985. Meanwhile, Broglio went only 4-7 with a 4.04 ERA for the Cubs, and by 1966 was out of Major League Baseball. Broglio did not tell anyone at the time, but he was suffering from an injured elbow since the second-half of the 1963 season, and in November 1964, had his ulnar nerve reset.[1]

This is sometimes referred to as the most lopsided trade in baseball history.[2][3]

Edited by timothy leary - June 25 2015 at 09:59
rushfan4 View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 02 2015 at 11:04
It is looking more and more like the Tigers' string of Central Division championships are going to come to an end this year.  They can't seem to win at home and they can't seem to beat any teams other than their Central Division foes.  With Justin Verlander and Victor Martinez back from injuries there is hope that they may turn this ship around but it seems as though the ship may be sinking. 
Roj View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 03 2015 at 03:25
Originally posted by rushfan4 rushfan4 wrote:

It is looking more and more like the Tigers' string of Central Division championships are going to come to an end this year.  They can't seem to win at home and they can't seem to beat any teams other than their Central Division foes.  With Justin Verlander and Victor Martinez back from injuries there is hope that they may turn this ship around but it seems as though the ship may be sinking. 

I wouldn't rule them out just yet Scott.  The AL generally looks weaker this season and there's not much in it.  That playoff run last season seems to have energised the Royals and a few weeks back I had them walking away with the Division but they have hit the rocks a bit lately.  I couldn't rule any of the 15 AL teams out of a playoff spot to be honest.

At this point I'm thinking Cards or Giants for WS Champs.
timothy leary View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 03 2015 at 13:44
I am thinking Cubs WS champs

micky View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 03 2015 at 13:56
still thinking the Nats... doing well even though only 1 of their 4 vaunted starters has pitched well

and only 1 of their very solid lineup has NOT missed significant time due to injury..

if they don't get it together

my dark horse

Cleveland...
The Pedro and Micky Experience - When one no longer requires psychotropics to trip
Catcher10 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 04 2015 at 10:38
The Mariners = Epic Failure

WS = The Nationals
Roj View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 07 2015 at 05:11
How about the Mets pitching staff? Harvey, DeGrom, Syndergaard and now Matz. Even Niese pitched a scoreless game against the Giants.

Now if only they had a few hitters to go with it......
Roj View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 24 2015 at 03:07
Just how much do the Red Sox suck?  I thought they'd turned the corner before the all star break but the wheels have really come off now.  They can't buy a win.

Their offense is loaded with great hitters and some great prospects - Betts, Bogaerts, Holt - but they are just firing blanks.  And as for the pitching!?!  Now their one true class act Buchholz is injured there's too much on the shoulders of E Rod.  Porcello appears to be finished.

Looks like another last place finish this year.  So that would be last, first, last, last by my reckoning.
rushfan4 View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 28 2015 at 21:18
Red Sox took 2 out of 3 from the Tigers this weekend, so who sucks more.  Losing 10 to 1 to the weak-hitting Rays tonight.  The Tigers have fallen into 4th place in the Central Division.  na na na na na na na na say hey hey goodbye!!!!  Time to become sellers is now.  Get rid of the whole lot of them. 
Roj View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 29 2015 at 03:13
I think you may be right Scott after all, it is worse than I thought.  Time for a spot of rebuilding for the Tigers (not that they are alone in this regard).

Anybody agree the Giants have that "October" look already?
Roj View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 25 2015 at 02:58
How 'bout those Mets Big smile.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>