Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Live Performance Reviews
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Le Silo & Djamra at Rooster North Side 18.04.2015
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedLe Silo & Djamra at Rooster North Side 18.04.2015

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum & Site Admin Group
Forum & Site Admin Group
Avant/Cross/Neo/Post Teams

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Le Silo & Djamra at Rooster North Side 18.04.2015
    Posted: April 21 2015 at 11:11

April 18, 2015 ... a bit cool under the Tokio dark sky for the mid spring, but in the underground live house named Rooster North Side (Tokyo, Japan) it was very hot and atmospherically exciting.

Our two of Japanese Progressive Rock prides, LE SILO and DJAMRA, launched a fantastic joint gig there ... yeah, we the audience (the space was pretty flooded with lots of avantgarde-progressive rock and jazz rock freaks) could not help getting excited, obviously! (And mysteriously, the same seat I was sitting upon as three years ago they played oh damn ... :D)

In the beginning Le Silers were enthusiastic and violative, with lots of shouts and loud, energetic sound shower, and massive aggressive tension. To be honest I'm afraid it would be meaningless to introduce their playlist individually but please let me do so ... each song had quite innovative and identifiable potential.

1. "Zunda Zunda Tsu" ... the first shot (and one of their newest songs) is too aggressive (wow, for the first one!) for the audience to make clap or steps along with the melody k ... what an energy they'd launched!
2. "Dogs (Inu)" was one of their repertoires that always reminds us the audience of lots of charming dogs around us and what the dogs are thinking under such a situation.

3. "Ha-Hi-Ho-Hi-" is another new and novel ecstasy squeezed into our brain by the and their massiveness. Very violative ... err, powerful indeed.
4. "Coffee Hooshii" is a side effect of the previous song ... In English I Wanna Drink Coffee pleeeease! ... regardless of such a funny title, very deep, heavy, complex, and a bit ethnic spicy flavour.

5. "Folk And Knife" ... specially quirky and sharp avantgarde folk song ... ahhh hard to express indeed.
6. "Izutsu's Ballad" was featuring beautiful Yoshiaki's speedy, precise guitar play and soundscape like a fantasy ... ok to mention such a cool word? :P
7. "Bird (Tori)" reminded us exactly of chatter, twitter, chirp by birds ... so warping rhythm and ground smelled melody line.

8. "Numazapa Mix" was always filled with originality produced with excessively hard drum rock by Michiaki (Mitchie) ... Honest to say, one of necks of drum set got broken, because Mitchie overstroke it k

Ok, could not say the Osakan combo had lost. Yes, another Japanese AHONOKO (foolish children) ... err, Japanese jazz rock superstars DJAMRA came IN! They would have prepared lots of musical "ahonoko magics", the audience expected.

The first bullet launched through their explosive instruments was a theme song of Ogikubo, where they played that day. 1. "Ogikubo Cafe Ole Daifuku Blues" started with pastoral jazzy pop, but don't be deceived ... suddenly crazy, funky phrases attacked us, and finally kicked our a** with their black joke. OMG...irl. :P

2. "Ash*tsuri Pierrot", one of their superb repertoires upon their gigs, would have more tense atmosphere than usual I guess. Their magnificent enthusiasm for the Tokio audience was easily felt. Cheers!

3. "Cave" is another repertoire of theirs, that has a texture as if we would go deeply into a cave, coming across some mysterious matters or accidents ... well expressed with full of humour. And it might be the most innovative, impressive poisonous potion for the audience, let me say ... 

4. "Negative Trilogy (including Own Goal, Mokebanashi, and All Of Us Are Zombies)". All pieces were filled with negative feeling and tragic results, but the audience could not avoid laughing out loudly ... Osakan combo seasoned tragedies FULLY with funny spices.

5. "Kaito Naito San" had been composed as a theme song for a TV drama "maybe broadcasted in near future" ... a story of a cool night robber like Arsene Lupin (only a taxi driver under the sun). They made a pleasant musical explanation for the night robber. Very cool, very exciting.

Anyway, no problem for us to say this song would be the main dish at that night ... 6. "Taiwa No Kanosei (Possibility For Conversation)" was composed and always played by Hiviya Katan, a musical friend (and simultaneously a rival) of DJAMRA. They played such a difficult, and splendid song, with their original, integral jazz rock seasoning. Hiviya Katan himself said later "That arrangement was what I want to do exactly!" Fantastic really!

7. "Zetsuen Doon" was quite suitable for the finale of this event. Flooded with their (especially Masaharu's) positive and aggressive attitude, their complex and speedy soundscape made us crazier and crazier. Wow, our clap would not be ended eternally I suppose. ;)

They launched "Komuralaeri" as an encore ... such a fantastic night would not be ended eternally.

Bottoms up all audience, and all superstars LE SILO and DJAMRA!

Thank you for reading this live report, and thanks again to Le Silo and Djamra for giving us such a fantastic night!
 Post Reply Post Reply