Forum Home Forum Home > Topics not related to music > General discussions
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - I'm finally releasing my manifesto to the public!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedI'm finally releasing my manifesto to the public!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Topic: I'm finally releasing my manifesto to the public!
    Posted: April 22 2015 at 05:49
Wink Just kidding. The other night, I was hanging out with a friend who knew me online before she moved to my city last year, and she told me that the biggest shock about getting to know me in person was how much of a complete sweetheart I was compared to my online persona. Embarrassed For some reason, that made me think of my tenure with you folks... so, I thought I'd check in and see how things are going with everyone. Smile

I really haven't posted much here in a long time, aside from a couple of one-offs. PA used to be a centerpiece of my life, until life happened in a big way. I started here as an awkward, prog-loving teenager (as so many of us do...), and now that I'm in my 30s... gosh, the time sure has flown! 

It's been over 7 years since I released my debut album and over 4 years since I began my gender transition in the name of honesty and accuracy. It's been nearly 3 years since I met my lovely partner, and May 1st will mark two years since the first time I went to jail for justice. Since then, I've participated in an action in the US House of Representatives, helped fight for equal protections in the Texas city of San Antonio, and started painting as a hobby. 

Mostly, though, I've just been mellowing with age and living life. I've come into my own as a queer, androgynous sexpot of a nonbinary woman, and I couldn't be happier. 

Big smile Here, have some pictures!

Smile Do let me know how things are going with you all. I miss this place and its diverse array of denizens! Heart

Edited by Man Overboard - April 22 2015 at 06:16
Dean View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Retired Admin and Amateur Layabout

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 22 2015 at 06:15
Seven years since Sountrack For A Dream!? Yikes, now I know I'm old - it really doesn't seem that long ago. You seem from your post to be very happy and content with life and I am genuinely pleased for you. Good luck to you and your partner.

For myself, earlier this month I made an album of music - the first time in ten years that I touched the keyboard, and aside from sounding (as my dear wife put it) happier than any of my other stuff, it sounds not 100 miles from any of my previous stuff. 
What?
Man Overboard View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 22 2015 at 06:39
It feels like yesterday to me. Soundtrack For A Dream was recorded in a messy upstairs rented bedroom in Maryland, on February 2nd, 2008, on a busted-up Les Paul clone that was sold to me for about thirty bucks and a discount floor-model guitar pedal that I teased looping functionality out of by happy accident. Thinking about it returns me to the headspace I was in--it was an interesting time, for sure. 

I don't suppose that album in your sig is the record you're referring to? Because, it's absolutely fantastic. 
Dean View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 22 2015 at 06:40
Yes it is [that album] and thank you very much, you are too kind.Embarrassed

Edited by Dean - April 22 2015 at 06:44
What?
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 22 2015 at 06:47
Had I infinite resources, I'd offer to collaborate with you and see what we could come up with as a team. Geek
Dean View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 22 2015 at 07:07
It would be curious thing that's for sure. Alas my previous attempts at collaborations lay undisturbed and unfinished on my archive hard-drive, it was never a satisfactory experience for me even when working with people who'd guested on some of my other tracks, I guess I just don't play well with other LOL

But yes, unlimited resources ... just think what could be achieved with that!
What?
Padraic View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 22 2015 at 08:21
Good to see you again and glad you've found happiness!
stonebeard View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 23 2015 at 00:49
In the words the only good song from Porcupine Tree's last album: Time Flies.

I always enjoyed your wit and passion MO, and I hadn't known about your gender transition, but I wish you all the best with it! Everyone deserves to be at home in their own skin.

Keep up the good fight. Smile
JJLehto View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 25 2015 at 12:36
Great to see you again! Always cool to hear from one of the veteran members that reminds me of the glory days, (even if I was quiet noob for my first few years here). 
Glad you are finding happiness and fighting for what you believe in. After all the years of angst, deep thought and woeful search for meaning I've decided those very things are all we can really aim for Smile

All the best! 
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 25 2015 at 14:36
Big smile It's so good to see familiar faces. Hard to believe it's been over a decade since I signed up here...
Moogtron III View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 25 2015 at 15:35
I never saw you as a sweetheart Smile, but you certainly don't look like the opposite on the internet.
BTW I admired your struggle for equal rights and saw some time ago (a year or so?) with interest and amazement a video you posted of you being actually imprisoned for something that I couldn't understand that you would be imprisoned for.
Nice paintings BTW. 
All the best.
 Post Reply Post Reply