Forum Home Forum Home > Other music related lounges > General Music Discussions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedWorst concert you've ever seen?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 27 2015 at 15:49
Originally posted by Nogbad_The_Bad Nogbad_The_Bad wrote:

Was that the tour in 2012? If so I was there for the Projekct set, hung around for 3 DT tracks and left, pretty awful but not my thing and I wasn't there for them. It was the day after Nearfest and I was tired from the drive to Cincinnati.

Yup the same show. Tbh, the show wasn't great by their standards, especially from all the live recordings I've seen from them, even including the bootleg versions. Their 2014 tour was much, much better. Better chemistry with the band, more variety in the material they played, better jams and solos. Mangini had only just joined the band in late 2011 afterall.
Want to play mafia? Visit here.
Kirillov View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 29 2015 at 05:39
Eric Clapton at the Manchester Arena. It was a birthday present from my brother in law. I didn't have the heart to tell him that I was bored beyond measure.
paulserena View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 30 2015 at 04:53
Although it's sad to say that. But I think Katy Perry' 2015 Shanghai concert is not good than I imagine. We waited for nearly a hour for the start. A little bit unhappy for that, but the whole concert was amazing. I got the tickets with many failure attempts, and I successfully got the ticket by using en.damai.cn.Cry
CPicard View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 04 2015 at 16:12
Until now, the worst concert I've seen was LaMorte Young, a so-called "supergroup" of noise music... which I found more boring than a New Age recital: the drummer was the only one apparently alive and conscious. The other musicians seemed to be on their own little worlds.

Oh, must I talk about this concert I saw in high school from a bunch of other teenagers who made no rehearsal at all before coming on the stage?
micky View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 04 2015 at 16:14
oh man without a doubt..

NKOTB.. and if you don't recognize that .. don't ask!!!!

The Pedro and Micky Experience - When one no longer requires psychotropics to trip
Polymorphia View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 04 2015 at 18:46
The worst concert I've seen was also one of the best I've seen.

My band played a local festival show once. Desiring to support the local music scene we stuck around after our show to listen to the other bands. Most of them weren't bad, many of them forgettable, but not bad. Until a band called Amazing Energy stepped up on stage.

Their music was mediocre, but fun. Punky, moderately well played. Really loud. Whatever.

The real revels were the members themselves.

First off, they suckered some poor college girl into playing rainstick that show, no mic, no other percussion. Enter Reginald something, who goes by Scott Panther onstage. An overweight middle-aged salt-and-pepper sweating profusely in a black t-shirt, manning guitar, lead vocals, and sexual assault, as he put down his guitar several times to attempt to dance sexually with the obviously uncomfortable girl. He even kissed her at one point. It obviously was not that uncomfortable for her, though, as she stayed up on stage the whole show. He also threw merchandise (which wasn't theirs) into the audience and drank other people's beer and hugged people. Punk, right?

Enter Gahd Cop, the ridiculously named drummer who could not keep from absolutely smashing his drums. His snare almost fell over. Then a screaming, jumping thirty something in a two-sizes-too-big Killer Clowns From Outer Space T-Shirt, turned down very low in the mix. In their introductions, which were hard to make out because Scotty boy, Deity Law Enforcement Officer, and B-horror temper tantrum toddler were all talking over each other the entire time, I believe I heard the lattermost called a priest for a Church of Religious Consciousness.

Then there was the jaded Sunglasses-clad bass player to whom Mr. Panther was teaching the songs on stage, during the show. And finally, there was an inaudible middle-aged Japanese saxophonist in a catstronaut shirt.

All their songs were about lovin' and acid, except for one song about death and peanut butter. It was terrible, but terribly entertaining.
Meltdowner View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 04 2015 at 19:25
^ And I thought I had some funny stories about local Rock festivals I attended: none can be compared with this one LOL
t d wombat View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 04 2015 at 22:16
To a large extent because they are/were major heroes of mine in the wider world of music .... Van Morrison, Emmylou Harris and Willie Nelson. VM was the worst cos we had seats three rows from the front. He was late, drunk and quite obviously completely uninterested in the proceedings. ELH cos a friend of hers had recently died and in an otherwise uninspiring performance she kept inserting effing Jesus songs into the set as a nod to her late friend. Willie was simply going through the motions and gave the impression he simply couldn't care less.

Andrew B

“Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.” ― Julius Henry Marx
irrelevant View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 07 2015 at 16:44
Originally posted by Polymorphia Polymorphia wrote:

The worst concert I've seen was also one of the best I've seen.

My band played a local festival show once. Desiring to support the local music scene we stuck around after our show to listen to the other bands. Most of them weren't bad, many of them forgettable, but not bad. Until a band called Amazing Energy stepped up on stage.

Their music was mediocre, but fun. Punky, moderately well played. Really loud. Whatever.

The real revels were the members themselves.

First off, they suckered some poor college girl into playing rainstick that show, no mic, no other percussion. Enter Reginald something, who goes by Scott Panther onstage. An overweight middle-aged salt-and-pepper sweating profusely in a black t-shirt, manning guitar, lead vocals, and sexual assault, as he put down his guitar several times to attempt to dance sexually with the obviously uncomfortable girl. He even kissed her at one point. It obviously was not that uncomfortable for her, though, as she stayed up on stage the whole show. He also threw merchandise (which wasn't theirs) into the audience and drank other people's beer and hugged people. Punk, right?

Enter Gahd Cop, the ridiculously named drummer who could not keep from absolutely smashing his drums. His snare almost fell over. Then a screaming, jumping thirty something in a two-sizes-too-big Killer Clowns From Outer Space T-Shirt, turned down very low in the mix. In their introductions, which were hard to make out because Scotty boy, Deity Law Enforcement Officer, and B-horror temper tantrum toddler were all talking over each other the entire time, I believe I heard the lattermost called a priest for a Church of Religious Consciousness.

Then there was the jaded Sunglasses-clad bass player to whom Mr. Panther was teaching the songs on stage, during the show. And finally, there was an inaudible middle-aged Japanese saxophonist in a catstronaut shirt.

All their songs were about lovin' and acid, except for one song about death and peanut butter. It was terrible, but terribly entertaining.
What a classic! Would have loved to see it. 

Edited by irrelevant - July 07 2015 at 16:45
Intruder View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 08 2015 at 18:59
Bob Dylan/Tom Petty/Grateful Dead, JFK Stadium, July '86....Dylan croaked thru a few numbers - he seemed pissed off about having to play at 4pm on a 104 degree day - he kept popping into this tent set up behind his mic to smoke cigarettes.  Then Tom Petty came strutting out in skinny jeans and a top hat and proceeded to bore us all silly.  Then - heartbreakingly - the Dead just couldn't get it up.....Jerry seemed sick, almost lifeless, and the band always looked to him for inspiration and direction and there was nothing coming from him that day.  Brutal heat, horrible booming and distorted sound, a hundred thousand people and 120 degrees down on the field....a bunch of us left early to get to the next town on the tour giving the show up as a rough day at a sh*tty venue.  Thing is, the band never showed up the next day - Jerry's body gave out - he went into a coma after the show, nearly died - and the rest of the tour was cancelled.  Total bring-down, man....the whole scene harshed my mellow. 
I like to feel the suspense when you're certain you know I am there.....
Slartibartfast View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator / In Memoriam

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 08 2015 at 19:26
Just three bad experiences, not necessarily bad concerts. 1. Jean-Luc Ponty - numbered seating and my seat was broken.  2. Kansas at the Midtown Music Festival - they were drowned out by The Cult on a nearby stage.  3. Porcupine Tree - no seats and three loud drunks standing behind me were insulting the band throughout the show.
Moogtron III View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 09 2015 at 01:06
I cannot remember ever having seen a really bad concert.
I remember a Yes concert, a Pink Floyd and a Jethro Tull concert where the magic had a bit gone.
I remember support acts that were boring. They were often boring. They are supposed to be boring, in a way. But that doesn't count.

I guess I was lucky.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123