FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedKINETIC ELEMENT New Album & Kickstarter

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Topic: KINETIC ELEMENT New Album & Kickstarter
    Posted: April 25 2015 at 14:14
Hi everybody. Again I am sorry that I have not been here all that much and I  promise to rectify that.

KINETIC ELEMENT has completed recording our new album "Travelog." We are in the final stages of mixing, and two well-known and extremely talented gentlemen from prog legends GLASS HAMMER are our mixing engineers. They are of course Fred Schendel and Steve Babb, who operate Sound Resources in Chattanooga. You can imagine how thrilled we are to be working with them and I gotta tell you they are doing one hell of a job.

We've been through a lot of changes in the last year and a half, ditching our attempt to become a Richmond prog/classic rock bar band, where we were truly unhappy, and losing two members on vocals and bass. However, we have a great bassist who joined us about a year ago, and are employing the talents of three great vocalists as guests on our new CD.

Odin's Court's DIMETRIUS LAFAVORS sings on three of the tracks including both epics, MICHELLE SCHROTZ of Brave and of While Heaven Wept is singing on another, and New York's pre-eminent Cprogger MIKE FLORIO is on the other. We have shows in Baltimore at Orion Studios on May 29, and at New Jersey Proghouse (Roxy and Duke's) in Dunellen NJ on June 6.  While Dimietrius cannot continue with us, Michelle and Mike F. will be handing the vocals on these dates. Please come out if you are somewhere within hailing distance of DC/Baltimore or NY/NJ/Philly.

KE is doing a Kickstarter fundraiser and frankly we need your help. If you enjoyed Powered by Light, I gotta tell you Travelog is way ahead of that one and we of course have to pay Fred and Steve! We're trying to raise $3500 to help meet this expense and that of mixing, mastering and manufacturing. You can find us on Kickstarter at https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/86164119/kinetic-element-travelog-new-album-2015.
where there's also a link to the final mix of one of the epics "Vision of a New Dawn." Please give us your ears for 18:30 and please contribute to this fundraiser! If you do we will have some merch for you!

The lineup is now Mike Visaggio on multi-keyboards, Michael Murray on drums and percussion, Todd Russell on guitars and Mark Tupko (our new guy) on bass.

PROG LIVES. It keeps us young!

Edited by miketheorganist - April 25 2015 at 14:17
A spirit with a vision is a dream with a mission!

www.facebook.com/kineticelementband
miketheorganist View Drop Down
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 10 2015 at 13:16
Nice to see how much interest there is. But, what can i tell you, we are at $3296 with 6 days to go. There are some nice reviews of our first CD Powered by Light on this site, and the link to our Soundcloud posts are:
https://soundcloud.com/kinetic-element/visionnewdawnghmix2
and
https://soundcloud.com/kinetic-element/into-the-lair-4-21
Thanks for giving us a shot. We will try mightily to have it in hand at Orion on May 29.
Mike V.
A spirit with a vision is a dream with a mission!

www.facebook.com/kineticelementband
 Post Reply Post Reply