Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Suggest New Bands and Artists
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedEntransient for Prog Rock

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Entransient for Prog Rock
    Posted: April 27 2015 at 19:57
Entransient is a new Prog rock band from Michigan, US.
Band has released self titled debut album on 24th of April 2015
https://www.facebook.com/Entransient
https://entransient.bandcamp.com/
https://twitter.com/entransient
yam yam View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 28 2015 at 05:09
Any thoughts regarding which sub genre you think they might fit in? 'Prog Rock' covers the whole of the site, and we need to narrow it down a bit so that one of our dozen or so evaluation teams can take a listen to this music and decide if the band belongs here. I listened to the whole album myself, and most definitely believe they belong here...hearing a mixture of Heavy, Neo and Crossover Prog - with some really impressive tracks along the way too. I'd personally throw this across to the Crossover team in the first instance, and they can then decide if another sub might be more appropriate (it would be one of the other two I just mentioned - nowhere else). The other thing that would speed things along would be to actually include a sub genre in the topic title - the evaluation teams have a fair bit on their plates, and tend to just look out for suggestions that pertain to their own particular sub - just seeing 'Prog Rock' in the title might not be sufficient to catch their immediate attention.

Lastly, do you have any info on the band? Facebook doesn't give us much - just:

"Melodic neo/post-prog rock from Michigan. Heavily influenced by Anathema, Alcest, and Porcupine Tree...

Entransient was formed in February of 2014 out of a need to create music with people who wanted to do just that. Create music. Matt and Scott contacted Nick and Jeremy about starting this new band and everyone was on board. Jeremy recruited guitarist and awesome guy extraordinaire Ryan Cunningham to round out the sound and the rest is history. We are currently recording our first album and can't wait to bring this stuff to you guys on the stage."

Of course we can always contact them if approved for inclusion...the facebook account looks to be a pretty active one. Smile
black_diamond View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 28 2015 at 07:39
Yeah, definitely agree on Crossover. How do I go about submitting it to a Crossover team?
Roland113 View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 28 2015 at 08:55
Consider it submitted Black Diamond, We will start the evaluation process and go from there.

I haven't checked your links yet, but do you have a biography out there?  Assuming your band is approved, having a Bio ready for us really speeds the process.  Enjoying the first song so far.

PS:  David, thank you for adding them to progfreek

Edited by Roland113 - April 28 2015 at 09:01
-------someone please tell him to delete this line, he looks like a noob-------

I don't have an unnatural obsession with Disney Princesses, I have a fourteen year old daughter and coping mechanisms.
Duke of Rother View Drop Down
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 29 2015 at 14:49
Just played on Bandcamp. Really enjoyed this.
Scott Martin View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 30 2015 at 08:15
Thanks everybody! Glad to see our little album is finding some ears. Here're's a more "proper" bio that will be finding its way to the appropriate places soon.

ENTRANSIENT is a progressive/melodic rock band based out of Michigan. The band was formed in 2014 by bassist Matt SCHRAUBEN and vocalist Scott MARTIN of Lansing progressive metal SILENT LAPSE, with drummer Jeremy HYDE of Grand Rapids progressive metal band FLOOD THE DESERT and guitarist Nick HAGEN. Grand Rapids guitarist Ryan CUNNINGHAM completed the lineup for recording of the band’s Self-Titled debut album released in 2015. The band cites Anathema, Alcest, and Steven Wilson as primary influences.

Edited by Scott Martin - April 30 2015 at 08:22
Roland113 View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 30 2015 at 11:20

Clap

Scott, thank you for joining to include the Bio, and major points for getting the format of the bio pretty much spot on.  Sorry for a little confusion that I had sown, I originally thought that Black Diamond was associated with your band.  I appreciate the bio, that will make adding the band so much easier.

We're currently evaluating the band in the Crossover genre and will let you know as soon as we get the requisite number of votes.

Thanks again,
-------someone please tell him to delete this line, he looks like a noob-------

I don't have an unnatural obsession with Disney Princesses, I have a fourteen year old daughter and coping mechanisms.
Scott Martin View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 01 2015 at 12:04
It took an edit after I went back and skimmed the guidelines. I capitalized our names and bands we were associated with, and not bands we aren't directly connected to, which was just what I thought made the most sense. Thanks again! We didn't really know what exactly we are, so someone else figuring out this categorization will be really helpful for us as well!
Windhawk View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 08 2016 at 01:38
added to crossover. I made a bio not knowing one had already been prepared, please notify me if my 3 minute write-up should be replaced.
Websites I work with:

http://www.progressor.net
http://www.houseofprog.com

My profile on Mixcloud:
https://www.mixcloud.com/haukevind/
black_diamond View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 08 2016 at 18:02
Thumbs Up
 Post Reply Post Reply