Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Suggest New Bands and Artists
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedSulphat'Ketamine - Heavy Prog

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Sulphat'Ketamine - Heavy Prog
    Posted: April 30 2015 at 05:31
Hello,
my name is Sébastien Gramond (from France). This is the first time I'm writing here, but some of you may already know me as a member of the band 4/3 de Trio, or as a solo artist (pages exist for both on P.A.).

Nowadays, I am playing bass in a band called Sulphat'Ketamine. I also played some Rhodes, Hammond & Mellotron on our first album, which we have just released as a self-produced CD, also available on Bandcamp.

https://sulphatketamine.bandcamp.com/album/giant-runk

The style is not really progressive per se, more of a mix of hardrock & blues with some psychedelic touches, but I guess there are enough progressive elements to justify an inclusion into the P.A. data base, maybe as prog related or heavy prog.

What would you think about it?

Edited by Gramonster - May 01 2015 at 03:01
Gramonster View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 30 2015 at 05:36
PS : I forgot to mention that our drummer, Clément Curaudeau, is also the current drummer of Scherzoo (also on P.A.)! Wink
Guldbamsen View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Retired Admin

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 30 2015 at 06:32
Hi there Sébastien and welcome to the siteSmile

I took the liberty of moving your thread to the 'suggest new bands and artists' part of our forum. 

I'll alert the PSIKE team that handles psychedelic artists.

I can however say, with great certainty, that you won't get into Prog Related, as we only include artists who, in some way, have influenced prog rock on a larger scale or indeed have made their mark on the genre. 

“The Guide says there is an art to flying or rather a knack. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss.”

- Douglas Adams
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 30 2015 at 07:36
Thanks a lot, Douglas!

Oh, sure I should have send it there first! Embarrassed

Also, I thank you for your precision about the prog-related conditions of inclusion. I have already learned a lot today! Wink
Rivertree View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator / Band Submissions

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 30 2015 at 16:04
thanks for the presentation, Sebastien, I really enjoyed listening, especially the opener 'Black Stuff' ... Smile

although there are some prog relations to notice, your band predominantly offers blues rooted heavy rock respectively rock n' roll, featuring some psychedelic touches, not exactly our scope.

Thus my decision is not related to the album's quality as such, only forms an opinion about the affinity to the progressive rock label ...

Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 01 2015 at 02:59
Well, I agree with your description of the music...

I also think that it is a similary case to more than a band featured in the Heavy Prog category. Let's say we're not (yet) historic as May Blitz or Night Sun for exemple, but I think that, listening to the music only, our name could stand well beside them. Apart from "Blue Marine's Blues" which has a very simple blues structure, every track has something progressive into it, including many instrumental passages, tempo variations, odd times signatures and, with the exception of "The Strange" (which can be seen as an intro for "Birth of the Runk" which I believe is a true progressive track), they're generally much too long to be considered as "straight" rock. There's a psychedelic touch but I don't think that the word would be necessary more appropriate than heavy prog to refer to the whole. Well, that's only my opinion. Wink

Anyway, I'm glad you enjoyed listening and I thank you for your answer! Smile

What would someone from the heavy prog team think about it? Big smile
aapatsos View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 03 2015 at 15:34
on our charts for evaluation, thanks
 Post Reply Post Reply