Topic Closed70s The Who Vs 10cc

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Poll Question: Which act your prefer?
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
32 [76.19%]
10 [23.81%]
This topic is closed, no new votes accepted

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 3 Votes, Average 2.33  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Svetonio View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 02 2015 at 05:33
Originally posted by Kirillov Kirillov wrote:

^ I love The Who By Numbers too, but for Nicky Hopkins' piano, you can't beat 'Getting In Tune' from Who's Next. I used to listen to that song on repeat again and again!

I'm not a big fan of Getting In Tune, so I think that I can beat Getting In Tune with this song from By Numbers Wink
The Dark Elf View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 02 2015 at 08:05
Originally posted by Svetonio Svetonio wrote:

Originally posted by The Dark Elf The Dark Elf wrote:

The Who, and it is not even close from a galactic perspective. Pick an album, Who's Next or Quadrophenia, and you've obliterated anything 10cc ever released. This is one odd match-up though, Svetty.
You didn't understood the poll question, Elffy LOL
The poll question is "which act you prefer", not "which band released more worthy albums for the History of 70s Rock" LOL

I understood the question, even though you botched the English.
...a vigorous circular motion hitherto unknown to the people of this area, but destined
to take the place of the mud shark in your mythology...
A_Flower View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 02 2015 at 22:53
The Who is to 10cc as Larks' Tounges in Aspic is to Love Beach and hell, I like 10cc
Slartibartfast View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator / In Memoriam

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 03 2015 at 11:36
You are who, you you you you you.
Released date are often when it it impacted you but recorded dates are when it really happened...

Svetonio View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 03 2015 at 11:42

The Who, and it is not even close from a galactic perspective. Pick an album, Who's Next or Quadrophenia, and you've obliterated anything 10cc ever released. This is one odd match-up though, Svetty.
The poll question is "which act you prefer", not "which band released more worthy albums for the History of 70s Rock" LOL

Thank you, Elffy. 
I'm still learning the language of the enemy of my country.
Dean View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Retired Admin and Amateur Layabout

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 03 2015 at 11:50

Thank you, Elffy. 
You're still learning English too it seems. Wink
What?
micky View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 03 2015 at 11:59
next time try a harder one

like Zeppelin vs Willie Nelson

The Pedro and Micky Experience - When one no longer requires psychotropics to trip
Svetonio View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 03 2015 at 12:34
Originally posted by Dean Dean wrote:

Thank you, Elffy. 
The goverment(s) of The Great Britain is also a big enemy of my country. Tony Bler was the biggest supporter of NATO bombing of Federal Republic of Yugoslavia what was done without the permission of UN Security Council, yet also it was out of NATO constitution act as well. It was a huge war crime because your Royal Air Force were bombing civilians, schools, hospitals, bridges, trains full of civilans and other civilian targets. Tony Bler is now an official advisor of pro-fascist goverment in Belgrade, installed by NATO services. But don't worry, Balkans will be in the flame again Wink

Edited by Svetonio - May 03 2015 at 12:37
Dean View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 03 2015 at 12:38
ta dah! I win. Approve
What?
Svetonio View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 03 2015 at 12:52

ta dah! I win. Approve
This time you can push your "victory" right into drains.
Dean View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 03 2015 at 12:54

ta dah! I win. Approve
This time you can push your "victory" right into drains.
If you so wish. It does not bother me one bit. You have trolled your own thread - how bad can it now get?
What?
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 03 2015 at 12:57

Thank you, Elffy. 
The goverment(s) of The Great Britain is also a big enemy of my country. Tony Bler was the biggest supporter of NATO bombing of Federal Republic of Yugoslavia what was done without the permission of UN Security Council, yet also it was out of NATO constitution act as well. It was a huge war crime because your Royal Air Force were bombing civilians, schools, hospitals, bridges, trains full of civilans and other civilian targets.

Ummm...Svetty, it is rather ironic that you point fingers at other countries while Yugoslavia under Milošević  was committing genocide. Perhaps you should study the history of your own country.
...a vigorous circular motion hitherto unknown to the people of this area, but destined
Svetonio View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 03 2015 at 13:09

Thank you, Elffy. 
The goverment(s) of The Great Britain is also a big enemy of my country. Tony Bler was the biggest supporter of NATO bombing of Federal Republic of Yugoslavia what was done without the permission of UN Security Council, yet also it was out of NATO constitution act as well. It was a huge war crime because your Royal Air Force were bombing civilians, schools, hospitals, bridges, trains full of civilans and other civilian targets.

Ummm...Svetty, it is rather ironic that you point fingers at other countries while Yugoslavia under Milošević  was committing genocide. Perhaps you should study the history of your own country.
You don't know nothing about 90s Balkans wars. Bosnian Serbs did do the genocide on Muslim men in Srebrenica, Bosnia, while they ( Bosnian Serbs) were under embargo of Federal Republic of Yugoslavia. Slobodan Milošević, although an a-hole, have nothing to do with that genocide. Actually, Interantional Court in Hague offiicially confirmed that Yugoslavia (Serbia) wasn't responsible for that genocide.
Federal Republic of Yugoslavia was bombing in favor of so called "Kosovo Liberation Army" who was on your goverment's  official and published  list of the terrorists organizations until spring 1997. The NATO bombing on Yugoalavia was started just two years after, in March 1999. So the bad guys from Kosovo were turned into good guys within two years? LOL
Give me a break.

Edited by Svetonio - May 03 2015 at 13:17
Dean View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 03 2015 at 13:10

Thank you, Elffy. 

Quite true. And if Anthony Charles Lynton Blair should be tried for war crimes (and I'm not say that he should or should not - I actually do not have an opinion on the matter either way) then surely it should be for his involvement the 2003 Iraq War.
What?
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 03 2015 at 13:17

Thank you, Elffy. 

You don't know nothing about 90s Balkans wars. Bosnian Serbs did do the genocide on Muslim men in Srebrenica, Bosnia, while they ( Bosnian Serbs) were under embargo of Federal Republic of Yugoslavia. Slobodan Milošević, although an a-hole, have nothing to do with that genocide.
Federal Republic of Yugoslavia was bombing in favor of so called "Kosovo Liberation Army" who was on your goverment's  official and published  list of terrorists organizations untill spring 1997. The NATO bombing on Yugoaslavia was started just two years in March 1999. So the bad guys from Kosovo turned into good guys within two years? LOL
Give me a break.
Oh, but I do know about the Balkan Wars. I probably know more about it because you and your Serb friends were under information media black-out by your fine, upstanding Milošević  and his goon squad.

And unfortunately, Milošević died in a jail cell before he could be hanged right and proper.

In regards to Kosovo, the UN Supreme Court found ample evidence of "a systematic campaign of terror, including murders, rapes, arsons and severe maltreatments" by your buddies in the Serb army. Do you know how many bodies were found buried, Svetty?
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 03 2015 at 13:20

Quite true. And if Anthony Charles Lynton Blair should be tried for war crimes (and I'm not say that he should or should not - I actually do not have an opinion on the matter either way) then surely it should be for his involvement the 2003 Iraq War.

Throw in Bush and Cheney (although I think Cheney was the puppet master to Bush's marionette). I remember shouting at the TV: "Hey, guys, you're in the wrong place! Concentrate on f*cking Afghanistan (and Pakistan and Saudi Arabia, for that matter).

Edited by The Dark Elf - May 03 2015 at 13:22
Svetonio View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 03 2015 at 13:27

Thank you, Elffy. 

You don't know nothing about 90s Balkans wars. Bosnian Serbs did do the genocide on Muslim men in Srebrenica, Bosnia, while they ( Bosnian Serbs) were under embargo of Federal Republic of Yugoslavia. Slobodan Milošević, although an a-hole, have nothing to do with that genocide.
Federal Republic of Yugoslavia was bombing in favor of so called "Kosovo Liberation Army" who was on your goverment's  official and published  list of terrorists organizations untill spring 1997. The NATO bombing on Yugoaslavia was started just two years in March 1999. So the bad guys from Kosovo turned into good guys within two years? LOL
Give me a break.
Oh, but I do know about the Balkan Wars. I probably know more about it because you and your Serb friends were under information media black-out by your fine, upstanding Milošević  and his goon squad.

And unfortunately, Milošević died in a jail cell before he could be hanged right and proper.

In regards to Kosovo, the UN Supreme Court found ample evidence of "a systematic campaign of terror, including murders, rapes, arsons and severe maltreatments" by your buddies in the Serb army. Do you know how many bodies were found buried, Svetty?
Oh, so many terrorists were killed. 
However, why your secret services as CIA, NSA, etc, didn't kill Milošević in 1991, or 1992, or 1997? Why you supported Milošević that whole decade until your Air Force get the order to bomb so many civilian targets in Yugoslavia and kill so many children even in children hospital and schools? By mistake? Your military satellites' pics weren't clear enough?

Edited by Svetonio - May 03 2015 at 13:42
Svetonio View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 03 2015 at 13:36
Hey Elffy, give a quick read about your new friends in Kosovo: http://www.swissinfo.ch/eng/council-adopts-dick-marty-s-kosovo-report/29328740
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 03 2015 at 13:43

Thank you, Elffy. 

Give me a break.

However, why your secret service didn't kill Milošević in 1991, or 1992, or 1997? Why you supported Milošević that whole decade until your Air Force get the order to bomb so many civilan targets in Yugoslavia?
We intervened while you were massacring civilians in Bosnia, but your television feed probably didn't include any news regarding that. All you had most likely was David Hasselhoff TV reruns. Obviously, Milošević didn't learn and had to be bombed. Oh well.

P.S. Last time I checked, it wasn't necessarily the U.S. Secret Service's job to assassinate heads-of-state (they protect the president and arrest forgers usually). Do you mean the CIA? That really isn't their job either.

Edited by The Dark Elf - May 03 2015 at 13:50
Svetonio View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 03 2015 at 13:58

Thank you, Elffy. 

Give me a break.

However, why your secret service didn't kill Milošević in 1991, or 1992, or 1997? Why you supported Milošević that whole decade until your Air Force get the order to bomb so many civilan targets in Yugoslavia?
We intervened while you were massacring civilians in Bosnia, but your television feed probably didn't include any news regarding that. All you had most likely was David Hasselhoff TV reruns. Obviously, Milošević didn't learn and had to be bombed. Oh well.

P.S. Last time I checked, it wasn't necessarily the U.S. Secret Service's job to assassinate heads-of-state (they protect the president and arrest forgers usually). Do you mean the CIA? That really isn't their job either.
Oh sorry, I didn't know that CIA is become an humanitarian organization in meantime. But I wonder why is that rise of anti-americanism  in the World, even in the West Europe, if your politics were so nice since Reagan era to Bush Jr?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>