Forum Home Forum Home > Site News, Newbies, Help and Improvements > Report abuse here
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedMaeror Tri

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Maeror Tri
    Posted: May 04 2015 at 13:15
Hi guys
I'm having a tough time trying to get in touch with anyone about my query.
I just recently added an album by 'Maeror Tri'  and posted a review for it. Someone has relegated it to ep 7" status. 'Myein' is a full studio  album along with 'Language of Flame and Sound', and 'Archaic States' on the same page.

I wouldn't mind so much but it was me who added the damn thing to the page in the first place just to discover that someone has tampered with it. What's going on?
Thanks
Lewis

Padraic View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 04 2015 at 13:31
I've posted this in the "Errors and Omissions" thread.  Hopefully someone from our E&O team will be able to help.
Guests View Drop Down
Forum Guest Group
Forum Guest Group
Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 04 2015 at 15:20
The album was already there and I deleted it because the copy you were adding was a second duplicate of it. The reason why I put the original in the Ep's because that section isn't just for singles and Ep's but any limited release. At the time of adding, all the editions of that album were indeed marked as limited but if you have information about it being different (it's an readily available release) I can move it to studio albums.
NotAProghead View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 04 2015 at 15:32
^ I moved 3 listed albums to Studio before saw your post.

It's up to you to decide, but I think limited number of copies is not a reason to move the release to Fan Club.
Let's face it, most of obscure modern bands releases are limited editions (500 - 1000 copies), no matter is it pointed out on the cover or not.
Even more - almost every day I see new studio albums added to PA database released only in digital form on bandcamp (i.e. 0 physical copies).

Edited by NotAProghead - May 04 2015 at 16:05
Who are you and who am I to say we know the reason why... (D. Gilmour)
Guests View Drop Down
Forum Guest Group
Forum Guest Group
Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 05 2015 at 04:22
^We can leave it like that then, thanks. I noticed some of them got reissued and stuff.

I always interpreted limited in the way that there won't be any reissues or creation of new copies even on demand, at least that's what I go by when I go by stuff from discogs. So even if a band releases something in limited physical numbers but then later on puts it on bandcamp, that's not limited anymore, but if they don't make it available again on but it only exists that original run of tapes for example cause Maeror Tri is one of those bands that used to release some records on tapes well into the 90's for some reason, then I'd consider that to be limited.

Edited by historian9 - May 05 2015 at 04:23
NotAProghead View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 05 2015 at 08:32
^ In general it's an interesting question. The site discography policy http://www.progarchives.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=73146 tells nothing of such cases. 

I never thought of categorizing albums depending on their "limitness". This Le Orme singer's solo album http://www.progarchives.com/album.asp?id=40903 comes to mind as a strictly limited edition: 
"CD+book Club il Giardino CIG081 (2008, Limited edition, 999 copies, all copies are numbered and signed by Aldo on the first page of the autobiography book. As for the artworks the printing matrix was destroyed after the completion of the series)".

But it's anyway a studio album. I'm not sure we need to move it to Fan Club.

A tricky thing.

Who are you and who am I to say we know the reason why... (D. Gilmour)
Dobermensch View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 05 2015 at 12:48
Thanks very much for sorting this.
All the best
Lewis
 Post Reply Post Reply