Forum Home Forum Home > Site News, Newbies, Help and Improvements > Welcome newbies!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedDelurking

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Delurking
    Posted: May 06 2015 at 13:13
Hello,

I've been lurking off and on for a while.  May have registered once before, but for the life of me can't remember my old username if that's the case.

I'm a 30-something who has always had eclectic musical tastes, from a childhood with auditory sensory issues through adulthood attempting to expand beyond those issues.

Evidently there's always been a somewhat proggy inclination to my listening, since even the New Age artists I listened to in childhood were those who had a background in progressive rock, such as Kitaro and Klaus Schulze.  

Rush and Yes were pretty quickly standard listening after I discovered them in adolescence, but having lived rurally in a small town where the norm was either Country, Gospel, or Metal, I didn't know that they were considered to be a part of their own genre of "Progressive Rock" until years later, after starting college, and being introduced to Italian Progressive Rock in one of my foreign language classes.

And a listening obsession was born.

Although it took several years before the international CD market within the U.S. was saturated enough for my musical tastes to become affordable (well...affordable in the loosest sense considering I spend far more than I should on my listening habits...).

I've visited this forum off and on for the last couple of years and always enjoyed what I've read, and found a few new groups that I've like d in the process.  I look forward to participating more.
Horizons View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 06 2015 at 13:48
I hope you participate more as well. 

Welcome and enjoy. 
Crushed like a rose in the riverflow.
micky View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 06 2015 at 19:49
Originally posted by Chimera42 Chimera42 wrote:

after starting college, and being introduced to Italian Progressive Rock in one of my foreign language classes.

nice! LOLClap
The Pedro and Micky Experience - When one no longer requires psychotropics to trip
 Post Reply Post Reply