Forum Home Forum Home > Topics not related to music > General discussions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic Closed2015 NFL Season Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789 23>
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 06 2015 at 18:21
Seattle's offensive line stinks. Maybe trading a key element of the O line, Max Unger was a mistake. From what I have seen Jimmy Graham does not really fit the Seattle offense. Russell Wilson rushed for over a hundred yards sideways. Go Hawks.
Metalmarsh89 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 06 2015 at 23:36
Originally posted by timothy leary timothy leary wrote:

Seattle's offensive line stinks. Maybe trading a key element of the O line, Max Unger was a mistake. From what I have seen Jimmy Graham does not really fit the Seattle offense. Russell Wilson rushed for over a hundred yards sideways. Go Hawks.

The Bengals pass rush is on the rise too.

Question is: can they contain Russel Wilson?
Want to play mafia? Visit here.
JJLehto View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 12 2015 at 00:39
WOW!

ELI!!

All the talk is on his 4th quarter comeback drive, but 41 of 54, 441 yards, 3 TDs and was under pressure much of that. When he didn't dump it off quick, he moved around the pocket perfectly or even ran for a first down...and at times he was down his top 2 WRs. There were a few drops to boot, and on that almost pick the WR (a rookie who's barely played) didn't even look behind him. A near perfect game for Eli, and fitting that he now has 102 wins, the most in Giants historySmile

Defense was worrisome, especially in the second half, but they did do a great job containing Kaep and overall played the run very well. Also forced a couple of fumbles, which I haven't seen them do in ages...they're showing an intensity and mindset that's been missing ever since Spags left. Can't deny his return has been huge. 
JJLehto View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 12 2015 at 01:19
Here's the thing about Jimmy Graham. It's not so much he doesn't fit with Seattle's offense (though that's true) it's that they are misusing him. We all know what he is: No blocking, great receiving threat. Why would they go get him, just to not use him??

I assume Seattle plans to transition to a more pass oriented offense (Wilson did get the franchise QB $$) and Graham will be a part of that, and this year is the growing pains. 

Though seemed offense wasn't their issue today. Seattle  blows a 24-7 lead? Unheard of. The legion of boom is good, but not the unit it used to be. Given their O line issues, big concern for Seattle. 

Especially with Arizona kicking ass, that was a whalloping. 
Palmer stays healthy, I think they will be battling Green Bay for the NFC title game. 

Edited by JJLehto - October 12 2015 at 01:20
AEProgman View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 12 2015 at 08:12
Great pass by Eli, but just an amazing catch also!  Seattle lost the heart and soul of the O line with that trade to New Orleans.

Don't know what to expect from Vick tonight against the Chargers...we need a win to keep up with Cinncy.  I think after that we get the Cardinals....yikes.
rushfan4 View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 12 2015 at 08:44
It looks as though the Lions are honoring the memory of long-time owner William Clay Ford with an 0 and 16 season.  I suppose that it is an appropriate way to honor him.
dr wu23 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 12 2015 at 09:01
Heh.....Da Bears won a game.

Big smile
One does nothing yet nothing is left undone.
Haquin
Nogbad_The_Bad View Drop Down
Forum & Site Admin Group
Forum & Site Admin Group
RIO/Avant/Zeuhl & Eclectic Team

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 12 2015 at 09:38
Been a while since I've seen the Seahawks choke that badly.
Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on Progrock.com

https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-avant-jazzcore-happy-hour/
timothy leary View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 12 2015 at 10:00
The defense seemed to let up. At one point the hawk defense was hammering the Bengals and then they seemed to let up. The legion of boom is no more.
JJLehto View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 12 2015 at 12:34
It's funny, Donnell is a big ass blocking TE who's not really known for his big plays, he also has a bit of a the dropsies and has this weird habit of always jumping...the moment a defender is near him he borderline flips, and tends to fumbleAngry but yeah he was Captain Clutches on that final catch. Eli had a great game, a bunch of no name WRs (at one point all 3 of them on the field were) stepped up, some guy none of us ever heard had like 5 catches. This offense may be jelling. And all without Cruz. Which is good, because we have to assume he just wont make it back. 

Hey, the legion had a great run, but tis the NFL today. Especially after winning a SB, super tough to hold onto players. For one, they added Cary Williams who I know pretty well given he was a bit famous for being burned in Philly...

Yeah the Lions man, I just dont know. I've only seen the one game, is it all the line? Staff may not have been the best but I can't imagine him regressing this much just on his own

Edited by JJLehto - October 12 2015 at 13:20
Man With Hat View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Jazz-Rock/Fusion/Canterbury Team

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 12 2015 at 13:48
Excellent clutch performance by the Gmen. I was anticipating failure, especially givern ODB was sidelined (and then Randle followed suit). But thank god for Eli. And thank god San Fran is poor!

And I'm glad the saints decided to play decently against the cowboys but boy did they return to old habits versus the Eagles. I will be shocked if NO doesn't pick in the top 5 of next years draft.

RE: Seahawks...last year they also faltered at an AFC away game and managed to turn it around after some team meetings and stuff like that. Of course, Wagner returned from injury too, which was an underrated assist. I won't count them out just yet, but Arizona does look good if they can survive the dreaded injury bug.
Dig me...But don't...Bury me
I'm running still, I shall until, one day, I hope that I'll arrive
Warning: Listening to jazz excessively can cause a laxative effect.
Collaborator
Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 12 2015 at 13:51
Originally posted by JJLehto JJLehto wrote:

It's funny, Donnell is a big ass blocking TE who's not really known for his big plays, he also has a bit of a the dropsies and has this weird habit of always jumping...the moment a defender is near him he borderline flips, and tends to fumbleAngry but yeah he was Captain Clutches on that final catch. Eli had a great game, a bunch of no name WRs (at one point all 3 of them on the field were) stepped up, some guy none of us ever heard had like 5 catches. This offense may be jelling. And all without Cruz. Which is good, because we have to assume he just wont make it back. 

Hey, the legion had a great run, but tis the NFL today. Especially after winning a SB, super tough to hold onto players. For one, they added Cary Williams who I know pretty well given he was a bit famous for being burned in Philly...

Yeah the Lions man, I just dont know. I've only seen the one game, is it all the line? Staff may not have been the best but I can't imagine him regressing this much just on his own

I'm sure  our resident lions fans can speak to it better than I can but...it seems to be a combination of oline and offense schemes. Even last year the Lions offense was neutered, but this year combining it with the offense line issues makes it seem even worse. They have Megatron, this shouldn't be that hard to score points...and their defense is worse as well, so they can't bail them out as much any more,.

Also, it's just so lions.
Collaborator
Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 12 2015 at 16:23
And of course...go chargers! Though they recent history on MNF leads to future heartache.
MillsLayne View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 12 2015 at 18:08
Originally posted by rushfan4 rushfan4 wrote:

It looks as though the Lions are honoring the memory of long-time owner William Clay Ford with an 0 and 16 season.  I suppose that it is an appropriate way to honor him.

It's going to be a long, miserable year for us.  And who knows what will happen after that with Stafford and the coaching staff.  Lombardi has to go, for sure.  The defense would be so much better if the offense did their part.
Collaborator
Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 12 2015 at 22:49
If the chargers could just never appear on MNF again it wouldn't be soon enough.

MillsLayne View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 12 2015 at 23:01
That finish was crazy!  A lot of faith put into Bell for that to work, because I'm not sure they could get that timeout called in time if he doesn't go in on that play.
JJLehto View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 13 2015 at 01:37
Well....guess the difference between brave and idiotic is success. 

There is no way they could've gotten a time out called. Can't believe he didnt just take the FG but fortune favors the bold eh? Bell was almost stopped too! That was one of the ballsiest play calls ever. 
JJLehto View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 19 2015 at 17:59
Well, that was a typical Patriots game. After all the talk of "running up the score" and exacting brutal vengeance on the Colts, they ran a normal, fairly conservative game. Unexpected, just what we'd expect from themLOL

But yeah, Indy put up an impressive fight. The defense seemed easily gashed, but did a great job stopping the short game which NE largely stuck to. Luck looked good but really, he's gotta carry that team and it's already showing strain. He just didn't have it that second half. 
EDIT: OH! I know NE already had a lead, and they may have turned the tide without this, but that insane "trick" play seemed to have killed all Indy's energy. I swear, they just had a diff feel after that, it was like someone killed the power. 

Giants/Eagles tonight. I have no idea what to even expect. 
NY has been winning, but looking shaky. Philly, no one quite knows yet what to make of them. 
Not sure if ODB and Randle will be playing, could be a huge factor, and we know how these NY/Philly games can go. Basically, I just hope Eli and co can keep up the short pass game to stop the pass rush, because our anemic pass rush is gunna not even get withing 5 yards of Bradford and we have some secondary injuriesCry

Edited by JJLehto - October 19 2015 at 18:03
Collaborator
Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 19 2015 at 19:12
^ Yeah...the gmen/eagles game will either be 56-48 or 9-6...though being I'm expecting a shootout I should probably anticipate the opposite.

It does  appear both Beckham and Randle will be out there to start.
Collaborator
Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 19 2015 at 19:13
Also, congrats lions fans on not going 0-16 this year. Could they play the bears every week (for my fantasy teams sake)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789 23>