Topic Closed2015 NFL Season Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 212223
Author
Collaborator
Collaborator
Jazz-Rock/Fusion/Canterbury Team

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 08 2016 at 13:42
Originally posted by Nogbad_The_Bad Nogbad_The_Bad wrote:

Fantastic performance by Denver D, once Talib got his head in the game. There were a few bad looks for Cam, bailing on the fumble recovery, pouting on the sideline, and the post game interview.

Yeah...to me this is part of the reason why Cam gets flak. When things are going well he will celebrate ostentatiously, but when the going gets rough (or he is asked to do something he doesn't want to do) he gives off quite an attitude. Needs to learn to accept and lose with grace.

Good news for him is, there is still plenty of time to actually build an offense around him.
Dig me...But don't...Bury me
I'm running still, I shall until, one day, I hope that I'll arrive
Warning: Listening to jazz excessively can cause a laxative effect.
Nogbad_The_Bad View Drop Down
Forum & Site Admin Group
Forum & Site Admin Group
RIO/Avant/Zeuhl & Eclectic Team

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 08 2016 at 13:57
As someone said on another board, "millennials", I don't mind him being up when things are good and down when they aren't but he only seems to have two extremes and no middle ground, it's like dealing with a five year old and his reaction to getting a new toy or being told he can have it. A bit more balance, not showboating and being a little more stoic would go a hell of a long way. And before anyone says it's just Cam being Cam, that's fine, it doesn't mean I have to like it.
Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on Progrock.com

https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-avant-jazzcore-happy-hour/
rushfan4 View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 08 2016 at 15:11
I was drawn in by the Cam hype and left disappointed.  I can't say that I had ever really watched him play until last night...and all I can say is that he did a really good impersonation of Matthew Stafford...watching most of the game lying on his back. 
Catcher10 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 08 2016 at 15:28
I don't get the hate or beef with his behavior. This game is brutal, mentally but more physically. I would be highly PISSED if I was being hit play after play, knowing that I can do better and also my team can do better.

Who said in the NFL you have to lose with grace?? When did this brutal game become a game of chess, tennis or golf? There is soooo much smack talked on the field, calling every member of your family names as you take down an opponent, spiting, punching all kinds of stuff going on in a scrum to posses a fumble, it's nuts what happens on the field...and your suppose to walk off like nothing happened or not act out??

Nothing wrong with showing his emotions on field and sidelines, he is a competitor.....You don't think Manning, Brady or Wilson call out their team mates (in silence yes) but they do it, and why not everyone is getting paid big bucks and there are more big bucks on the line......Especially when you only play this game for what 8-10yrs if lucky. 

After losing the biggest game in sports, I doubt anyone wants to take questions from a bunch of reporters for 30 minutes and give in depth details on how you lost the game. Based on the transcripts of his responses, he did fine for someone was suppose to win but did not and I promise you he believed he was going to win.

It's football.....not golf.
Man With Hat View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 08 2016 at 15:39
I'm sorry, but acting like a petulant child at any age above maturity is poor and shows much more about the mentality of the person than anything else IMHO. No one says you have to like it but everyone sits at the podium after the superbowl win or lose...there are media obligations when you are the star QB on a team and  he is acting like he is above all the stuff when he sulks and pouts.

Especially in contrast with how he acts when he wins, it makes him look extremely immature.
Catcher10 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 08 2016 at 16:02
Well if the media wants that then they get it when you talk to someone so soon after losing the biggest game in sports. If he did not meet media obligations then he will be fined, but I doubt it since he was at the podium.
Everyone is happy when they win......everyone is NOT happy when they lose.

It's good in my book that he show all his emotions of losing and winning.....That's life, especially when you have spent your whole life preparing for these kinds of huge games, where the odds are against him he play again in it.

If you don't like the guy that is fine, but don't hate on him for showing his emotions at losing such a game that he spent years training for. All athletes will show some bad, childish attitudes....Problem with everyone is he is a winner and he is the QB and he smiles a lot. If he was a lineman, nobody would be saying anything....At least he does not act like Lynch who is a complete dooshbag to the media, but he is a RB so that is ok...

Anyhow great win by Denver!
Man With Hat View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 08 2016 at 18:12
Well obviously we disagree about what such things, which is fine, so I'm not going to perpetuate the argument. The only thing I'll add is it's nothing against Cam. I would find the behavior immature and petulant if it was Russell Wilson, Eli, Rivers, Rodgers, Peterson, Doug Martin, JJ Watt, Megatron...or whoever you want to shoe-in there.
MillsLayne View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 08 2016 at 18:13
As great as Denver's D was this year, I still put the '13-'14 Seahawks D above them.  They completely neutralized arguably and statistically the best offense of all time in the Broncos that year (also a year that Manning set some records) and didn't give up anything except a late game TD that didn't mean anything.  The defense had a great game last night and great season, no question, but no, not best ever.
timothy leary View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 09 2016 at 12:17
^agree

JJLehto View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 11 2016 at 09:45
Any Broncos fans? We need the 2016 thread!!!

That said: Excited about the Giants offseason moves. Clearly Reese is feeling the pressure. We heard a lot about the: Giants have lots of need and lots of cap space, but I didn't think they'd go out like this. I applaud the moves. 
Damon Harrison: Great pick up. #1 run stopper last year, and was #2 year before via PFF. Will greatly help that area. 
Janoris Jenkins: Should help shore up our secondary, which DRC was a lone bright spot. 
Olivier Vernon: Young, solid surely better than any pass rusher we had outsider Ayers. Overpaid, but had a good to very good career so far, and had a beast of a second ha;f to 2015. Bit of a gamble. 

The resigning of JPP and Cruz both don't hurt.  Excited about the moves, hoping they can hit on some O linemen, offensive weapons, maybe that ohio state linemen to shore up more needs. 
rushfan4 View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 11 2016 at 10:03
It has already been started...somewhere.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 212223