Forum Home Forum Home > Site News, Newbies, Help and Improvements > Welcome newbies!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic Closedhelp me please

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Topic: help me please
    Posted: May 24 2015 at 01:42
hello, i am from Chile and i am new in PA i have a month here, i made a review today but i didnt appeared on the main page, i think it cause i ve already rated this album, that means all my already rated albums will not appear in the main page when if i review it, this is bad, cause my reviews will cannot seen or known by anybody, i need your help, how can i resolve this
Dean View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Retired Admin and Amateur Layabout

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 24 2015 at 02:40
It does not matter whether your review is of a previously rated album or not, all new reviews appear on the front page, usually for less than one day. Please note there is a time delay from posting a new review to it appearing on the front page.

Your review is currently on the front page however because only the last 10 reviews are shown on the front page and your review is currently the 10th review it will only be there for a few hours. The next review will push yours off the page.

It can be seen in the RSS feed of the last (50?) reviews: feeds.feedburner.com/progarchives/reviews.

Edited by Dean - May 24 2015 at 02:40
What?
Hannibal_20 View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 24 2015 at 04:05
nope, i published it arround 2-3 hours ago, it might appear but it doesnt
Dean View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 24 2015 at 04:11
It did, but as I said: It would not be on the front page for very long. UMUR has posted two reviews since my last post so your's has been bumped off the page. Sorry you missed it, that's not anyone's fault. Check the RSS feed.

Edited by Dean - May 24 2015 at 04:33
What?
Rivertree View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator / Band Submissions

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 25 2015 at 04:53
by default only ten reviews are shown at once, that might be really less when one or more reviewers are flooding the site with their essays currently ...

there is a way by modifying the URL, for example to http://www.progarchives.com/Default.asp?latest=50
this would show up the latest 50 reviews, but this solely will apply to your browser of course, not to the whole site ...

Edited by Rivertree - May 25 2015 at 06:53

Formentera Lady View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 25 2015 at 09:27
Originally posted by Dean Dean wrote:

It does not matter whether your review is of a previously rated album or not, all new reviews appear on the front page, usually for less than one day. Please note there is a time delay from posting a new review to it appearing on the front page.

Really? That is news to me. Has it somehow changed? I remember I had the same issue four years ago or so (I know, I do not review much...) when I reviewed a previously rated album. It did not appear on the front page and I made the same inquiry, and the answer was, that it was not possible for technical reasons. It only will be shown in the feed. Has that been changed in the last years? That would be great! Thumbs Up Maybe I try again to review a previously rated album.
NotAProghead View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 25 2015 at 16:07

It does not matter whether your review is of a previously rated album or not, all new reviews appear on the front page, usually for less than one day. 
Dean, it seems it's not so. If the same user reviews the album he/she rated before it's similar to editing a review. But edited reviews never appear on the front page.

It's easy to check. 
Who are you and who am I to say we know the reason why... (D. Gilmour)
Dean View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 25 2015 at 16:28
Originally posted by NotAProghead NotAProghead wrote:

It does not matter whether your review is of a previously rated album or not, all new reviews appear on the front page, usually for less than one day. <span style="line-height: 1.4;">
</span>
Dean, it seems it's not so. If the same user reviews the album he/she rated before it's similar to editing a review. But edited reviews never appear on the front page.

It's easy to check. 

I saw his review on the front page for myself so I know for a fact that previously rated reviews appear on the front page, so you can continue to contradict me or you can go boil your head, makes no difference to me.
What?
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 25 2015 at 17:06
Dean, it's up to you to persist in you opinion, even if it's wrong.
Dean View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 25 2015 at 17:16
Originally posted by NotAProghead NotAProghead wrote:

Dean, it's up to you to persist in you opinion, even if it's wrong.
Confused I saw what I saw: Hannibal 20's review of Los Jaivas's 'El Volantin' appeared on the Front Page as I stated in my first post - therefore you are calling me a liar so you can go boil your head. Angry

It's all academic now as his review has since been deleted so no one can see it. (from Google's cache: "I would like to begin by reviewing the best works of this band, as 'Alturas de Machu Picchu' and 'Obras de Violeta Parra', but if I review only the most important works I`d not ensure me having analyzed and reviewed all the work of los jaivas, so I will start by the beginning, it is preferable to go understanding each review as part of a story, then I begin telling how it all began.") 

What?
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 25 2015 at 17:34
I didn't call you a liar, I said you're a bit stubborn. Smile

Yes, I saw his "El Volantin" review on the front page too. But he asked about his "Todos juntos" review, which was never shown on the front page because he previously rated this album.

Perhaps this was not clear from his initial post in this thread, but I know this because Hannibal_20 asked me about this in PM.
I recommended him to ask any Admin to delete his ratings if he wants to see his new reviews (of previously rated albums) on the main PA page. It looks like he followed my advice, because his reviews/ratings list is empty now: http://www.progarchives.com/Collaborators.asp?id=55375.

Hope the problem's closed now and we'll see his reviews on the front page soon.

Edited by NotAProghead - May 25 2015 at 17:34
Dean View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 25 2015 at 17:37
Then I apologise - he asked a question I checked his last review and it was on the Front Page. I would have helped if he had said which review. It would also have helped if you had been clearer in your first post too.
What?
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Errors & Omissions Team

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 25 2015 at 17:41
OK, peace now. Handshake
Formentera Lady View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 26 2015 at 08:57
Ah, then I remember correctly the discussion a few years ago about the same topic. It was finally concluded that it cost too much effort to change the software only for the result, that a review of a previous rated album appears about a few hours on the front page. So it was not changed, and it is as it is.
 Post Reply Post Reply