Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Music Lounge
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedWhy Entangled?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
WrytXander View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 15 2015 at 14:39
Originally posted by The Dark Elf The Dark Elf wrote:

As a 55 year old, I found Trick of the Tail's "new sound" far more interesting than the older Genesis stuff (where albums like Lamb and Selling England had long, boring and garbled sequences like Epping Forest and the 2nd half of Lamb that just weren't very interesting musically or lyrically). I liked Genesis far better on TotT and WaW and I preferred Gabriel's solo material far better than his Genesis stuff back in the 70s.

I'll take Moribund the Burgermeister over Slippermen any day, and Squonk over Wardrobe.

DON'T YOU EVER DISS SELLING ENGLAND OR LAMB DISC 2 IN FRONT OF ME!

Sorry, but Slippermen, Riding the Scree and Epping Forest are works of genius!

Maybe it's because I like these types of songs that I don't like Entangled as much as you Confused

But yeah, Squonk over Wardrobe definitely LOL

Edited by WrytXander - June 15 2015 at 14:39
20+ prog bands discovered and explored in 3 years, still going strong...
dr wu23 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 15 2015 at 15:27
Originally posted by The Dark Elf The Dark Elf wrote:

Originally posted by dr wu23 dr wu23 wrote:

Just curious.....but am I the only older guy over 60 who thinks this is an ok song but nothing that special...?
While I think both TOTT and WAW are good albums imho they are missing that 'something' that Gabriel brought to the mix with all the others.
I have relistened to TOTT and Entangled and while it's a nice track I simply don't see it as groundbreaking in any way.
Maybe I'm just too old and too stuck on the Gabriel years.
Stern Smile
Get back on your meds, gramps, you're starting to warp again.LOL

As a 55 year old, I found Trick of the Tail's "new sound" far more interesting than the older Genesis stuff (where albums like Lamb and Selling England had long, boring and garbled sequences like Epping Forest and the 2nd half of Lamb that just weren't very interesting musically or lyrically). I liked Genesis far better on TotT and WaW and I preferred Gabriel's solo material far better than his Genesis stuff back in the 70s.

I'll take Moribund the Burgermeister over Slippermen any day, and Squonk over Wardrobe.

As always it's a matter of taste since I find the newer Genesis stuff some what boring and uninspired with no real edge to it.
Stern Smile
One does nothing yet nothing is left undone.
Haquin
Rednight View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 16 2015 at 13:25
Its ending gloriously segues into Squonk.
"It just has none of the qualities of your work that I find interesting. Abandon [?] it." - Eno
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123