Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Suggest New Bands and Artists
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - JR Flood (Neil Peart - proto? crossover maybe?)
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedJR Flood (Neil Peart - proto? crossover maybe?)

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Topic: JR Flood (Neil Peart - proto? crossover maybe?)
    Posted: June 29 2015 at 03:23
Watched Beyond The Lighted Stage for the second time last night and on a whim just now looked up JR Flood (a band Neil Peart of Rush was in during 1969) again after a fruitless search last time. Seems like they DID record an album - at least tracks. There isn't any official releases, nor is there any source for WHERE this came from (probably the biggest issue, but it sounds genuine) so I'm not sure if this could be added or not. It sounds good though - proto or crossover sounds about right. Take a listen (this is the only place I found this - first result on google and needless to say I'm happy)

Edited by fudgenuts64 - June 29 2015 at 03:24
Guests View Drop Down
Forum Guest Group
Forum Guest Group
Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 29 2015 at 04:54
Going by some comments on the youtube from the late keyboard player's brother, they were demo tapes that were spread around in 5 or so copies by the band, with no release. Probably someone from the band restored them later on from where they leaked but there seems to be no official release.
fudgenuts64 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 30 2015 at 05:01
I can't remember the name of the band but didn't a band with no released albums get added to the archives once? They recorded either an album or demo in the 70s - and while it was never officially released it was counted. Mostly why I brought up this possibility.

Edited by fudgenuts64 - June 30 2015 at 05:02
Guests View Drop Down
Forum Guest Group
Forum Guest Group
Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 30 2015 at 05:32
I don't know of a case like that, there were almost always some kind of reissues involved, even if production on the record itself wasn't good. 
fudgenuts64 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 18 2015 at 03:30
Bumping this, wondering what other members think. As for the fact this never got a release, I swear I'm thinking of a band that never had any official releases, definitely in the 70s, that got added before. Even if this doesn't get added, I'd love to know if I was dreaming or not about the other music.

Edited by fudgenuts64 - September 18 2015 at 03:30
Guldbamsen View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Retired Admin

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 18 2015 at 05:16
I'm with George (historian9) on this one. If there is no way of purchasing this "album" in a legal manner, then it doesn't belong on PA.
I've been here for a while, but I've never seen a band get included under such circumstances. There has to be a way for the common music fan to acquire the given album.

“The Guide says there is an art to flying or rather a knack. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss.”

- Douglas Adams
 Post Reply Post Reply