Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Suggest New Bands and Artists
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedPierre Vervloesem for Ecleclic Prog (Belgium)

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Guests View Drop Down
Forum Guest Group
Forum Guest Group
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Pierre Vervloesem for Ecleclic Prog (Belgium)
    Posted: December 20 2015 at 09:41
Personally sounds more like avant than eclectic, I'll send him there to check him out first.
yam yam View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 20 2015 at 06:13
Well, proggnosis has a separate page for him: http://www.proggnosis.com/ARTIST_Detail.aspx?AID=4037, so I'm gonna bump this topic and see what comments (if any) are made this time around. Embarrassed
ProgCandles View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 29 2015 at 06:46

I've long wondered: why PA does not have a separate page for the famous musician, guitarist of the legendary band X-Legged Sally - Pierre Vervloesem? His record includes a lot of very strong albums, he's a big personality. I'm embarrassed to introduce him to become a candidate. I always thought that these musicians without discussion needs to get to all the prog archives.

Career:
After playing in a handful of experimental rock bands in the early 1990s, Vervloesem joined avant-garde band X-Legged Sally at the invitation of Michel Mast. During that collaboration, he appeared on the band's albums: Slow-Up (1991), Killed by Charity (1994), Eggs and Ashes (1995), and The Land of the Giant Dwarfs and the live swan song Fired (both 1996).[1] Since then, he has been a musical partner of Peter Vermeersch in many musical expeditions, both as a performer and as a producer, for example in A Group and the theatre production Weg (by Josse De Pauw). Together Vervloesem and Vermeersch produced the first CD by Antwerp rock group dEUS.
Vervloesem has also released several solo CDs where he experiments with unusual instruments (e.g. shaking a crate of empty beer bottles as percussion) and unfamiliar sounds to create what are essentially quite simple songs. One of Vervloessem's main influences is revealed by a song on the 1994 release Home Made,[2] consisting of one minute of silence in memory of Frank Zappa. But tellingly, the same album also contains a cover of John Barry's composition Ski chase, from the soundtrack of the James Bond film On her Majesty's Secret Service. In 2002, Vervloesem would release an entire album of John Barry covers.

Edited by ProgCandles - June 29 2015 at 12:06
 Post Reply Post Reply