FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedEsmectatons - RIO/Avant

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
RIO/Avant/Zeuhl,Neo & Post/Math Teams

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 23 2015 at 07:42
I'm afraid to have missed this suggestion, just spotted in the forum. Apologies, will check soon.
Curiosity killed a cat, Schroedinger only half.
My poor home recorded stuff at https://yellingxoanon.bandcamp.com
VOTOMS View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 26 2015 at 19:04
thanks, the online discography catalogue is getting huge. people do anything to add garage bands from usa while im killing myself to release all of my ecletic and bizarre works. more than 20 albums on bandcamp already. i do the whole custom art for every hand made cd copy, selling worldwide among prog and underground freak/zolo sh*t fans. 
VOTOMS View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 30 2016 at 11:21
Esmectatons EP is the best-seller in avantgarde tag and many others in the whole bandcamp.
VOTOMS View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 08 2016 at 14:32
VOTOMS View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 07 2016 at 21:17
There are more albums to date now. Actually, almost 50 releases, and most of it online at bandcamp - where it did reach #1 best-seller at avant-garde and prog rock for months (all physical material announced before the new album was sold out). Stuff you should try:

new album, volume 2 coming soon. and the main reason i'm posting it back, it must be here in PA. I doubt you will have time to listen the 40 records, so focus on this one and the lenghty suite (prelude to this album) at Zolo Caust album.
"The collaborated works of L. Borgia Rossetti and Bruno Leal - previously displayed on albums like 'Zolo Caust!' and 'Slowa' - continues. After a few years working at Black Comedy Theater conceptual album series, finally the first volume is out! A work probably appealing to fans of Naked City, P-Model, Arrigo Barnabé, Cardiacs, Wha-Ha-Ha, Samla Mammas Manna, Picky Picnic, et al..." - album page

"Black Comedy Theater starts here! This album features the exclusive suite sent together with Concrete Jazz EP CDs (not available for streaming until now), while Volume 1 was being produced. This lenghty track is nothing less than the first epic solely produced by L. Borgia Rossetti and Bruno Leal, the roots of Black Comedy Theater and Slowa. The album also has a collection of "zolo" tagged tracks from L. Borgia Rossetti early tapes." - album page

"Slowa is a space-opera dedicated/inspired by the surreal/dark fantasy artist Zdzisław Beksiński. The album brings an unique concept, with a science fiction plot set in Beksiński's universe, bringing together elements and characters of Esmectatons and their musical influences into the chaotic environment of the paintings translated into sound. The results are nothing less than a zeuhlish abstract quest, from acoustic prog rock passages to the technical death metal riffs close to Voivod, Gorguts or the most unusual atmosphere to date. Once more, Esmectatons' up to show you the perfect balance between comical and darkness." - album page

The lenghty suite, Amnesia, it's like a weird mix of ambient, Faust/Ash Ra Tempel dark kraut stuff, and shoegaze.

The first side is a storytelling 20 min suite, kinda lo-fi at many moments, the budget weren't good enough yet, but very interesting if you listen to it entirely. The album comes with a novel in portugese, written by Esmectatons, and the track follows the events there. Side B are just demos and live versions of the death metal main theme in the middle of the suite.

and please don't lock the thread, Esmectatons archives are just too big and there's always a new album to evaluate.

DamoXt7942 View Drop Down
Forum & Site Admin Group
Forum & Site Admin Group
Avant/Cross/Neo/Post Teams

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 08 2016 at 00:21
Sorry they've been rejected so this thread moved to "Unsigned Bands" section. 

Edited by DamoXt7942 - June 08 2016 at 01:08
Smurph View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 08 2016 at 11:47
I think it's worth another look at this point. The last 3 recordings have increased in quality fidelity-wise compared to many previous and it's less focused on noise and random freakouts/creepy stuff and much closer to avant prog.
siLLy puPPy View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
PSIKE, JRF/Canterbury, P Metal, Eclectic

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 08 2016 at 13:22
I would agree with that. I've listened to a few things as well and find it quite progressive although in a very experimental way. I would encourage another chance for inclusion
Ozark Soundscape View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 08 2016 at 23:38
Personally I think it fits quite well/better in prog related.
Polymorphia View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 10 2016 at 22:20
Black Comedy Theater Vol. 1 is a fun, wild ride. I'd say it belongs in Avant. 

Also, I found myself weirdly fascinated and frightened by that spray bottle sound. brb going to do some soul searching to see if I am actually a dog.

Edited by Polymorphia - June 10 2016 at 22:21
VOTOMS View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 04 2016 at 05:44
Originally posted by Smurph Smurph wrote:

I think it's worth another look at this point. The last 3 recordings have increased in quality fidelity-wise compared to many previous and it's less focused on noise and random freakouts/creepy stuff and much closer to avant prog.

Originally posted by siLLy puPPy siLLy puPPy wrote:

I would agree with that. I've listened to a few things as well and find it quite progressive although in a very experimental way. I would encourage another chance for inclusion

Originally posted by Ozark Soundscape Ozark Soundscape wrote:

Personally I think it fits quite well/better in prog related.

Originally posted by Polymorphia Polymorphia wrote:

Black Comedy Theater Vol. 1 is a fun, wild ride. I'd say it belongs in Avant. 

Also, I found myself weirdly fascinated and frightened by that spray bottle sound. brb going to do some soul searching to see if I am actually a dog.

Hope the admins get to know Black Comedy Theater and the other later stuff...
VOTOMS View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 22 2016 at 09:40
https://esmectatons.bandcamp.com/album/cult-of-dementia
avant prog, the sound structure is kinda similar to faust three first albums

concept album featuring loads of avant-garde brazilian composers from brazil

krautish weird ambient session

a homage to enio morricone 

HolyMoly View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Retired Admin

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 08 2018 at 18:05
For what it’s worth, I am a HUGE fan of this project. I’ve been in touch with Lucas over the past few years and I always download/buy whatever he comes up with. It’s the real deal. I guess it’s not on PA’s list of artists, and having been on the ZART team in the past, I can understand the difficulty in classifying this as prog. But whether it is or not, it’s still great, and if you’re into the avant garde, do yourself a favor and give a listen.
My other avatar is a Porsche

It is easier for a camel to pass through the eye of a needle if it is lightly greased.

-Kehlog Albran
siLLy puPPy View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
PSIKE, JRF/Canterbury, P Metal, Eclectic

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 08 2018 at 20:33
Oh for god's sake, Lucas. Just release a carbon copy Yes album or something so you can get on here already LOL 

Seriously, if you want some top notch avant-garde stuff, this is da bomb!

https://rateyourmusic.com/~siLLy_puPPy
Guldbamsen View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Retired Admin

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 09 2018 at 07:55
I really dig Lucas. He's such a character and very friendly to boot. I do however find the "music" a tad too...erm fractured? I don't know. I once told him his music was perfect for eating hamburgers in the shower. As I get older though I do this less and less.
“The Guide says there is an art to flying or rather a knack. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss.”

- Douglas Adams
octopus-4 View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 09 2018 at 09:05
Listened to Cult Of Dementia. The parts out of the pure noise aren't bad. I think "fractured" is a good word. It's still hard calling it "prog". One of the reasons why we actully rejected Esmectatons was the poor quality if the recording. This one is really better than what we listened to years ago. I think it can be re-evaluated but I'd wait for a new release. Then in case of addition somebody would have a bit of troubles adding 52 albums. Let's wait for release n.53.  
VOTOMS View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 09 2018 at 10:05
I think these albums are more proggy and they weren't part of the "live studio sessions" or bootlegs. Though the next studio albums will be - a full lenght concept album telling a black comedy story and another one that has some Univers Zero atmosphere, a long suite. Also I'm uploading more of the live sessions albums released some years ago, a still unreleased bootleg of the gig opening Fantaspoa film festival - pazucus premiere, I did the soundtrack for the movie, and finishing a collaboration album with Mitsuru from Acid Mothers Temple. I have a full time job, though I still manage to do everything. I never sleep.

Yeeah the fractured idea... He told me that once, he said everytime he started headbangin to a riff it suddenly changed to something totally different. Though this is the main idea. Carl Stalling you know, Looney Tunes. Many changes. I'm more into nonsense comedy, sarcastic stories, ridiculous songwriting than your plain avant-garde.

Edited by VOTOMS - February 09 2018 at 10:09
octopus-4 View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 09 2018 at 10:09
I promise that as soon as the new babyy is done you’ll be back to chart.
HolyMoly View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Retired Admin

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 09 2018 at 10:49
Originally posted by Guldbamsen Guldbamsen wrote:

I really dig Lucas. He's such a character and very friendly to boot. I do however find the "music" a tad too...erm fractured? I don't know. I once told him his music was perfect for eating hamburgers in the shower. As I get older though I do this less and less.

Hamburgers in the shower!
If only Biff Debris and Sheba Fleischman had had access to this music in “Uncle Meat”. That would have made them so hot.
I’m using PA’s chicken to measure it.

Edited by HolyMoly - February 09 2018 at 10:49
My other avatar is a Porsche

It is easier for a camel to pass through the eye of a needle if it is lightly greased.

-Kehlog Albran
Guldbamsen View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Retired Admin

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 12 2018 at 06:56

How much did it come to on the poultry scale? Let me guess: bok bok?
“The Guide says there is an art to flying or rather a knack. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss.”

- Douglas Adams
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>