Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Bands, Artists and Genres Appreciation
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedTalk Talk

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
ole-the-first View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 11 2015 at 14:54
I love their later stuff. Aongside with David Sylvian's Secrets of the Beehive it was the start of wholly new era in music. These albums have predicted the appearance of post-rock and modern atmospheric prog bands like Porcupine Tree & Anathema.
This night wounds time.
Goodminton View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 11 2015 at 14:45
Anyone else love Talk Talk? They're so underrated, it seems like only musicians have heard of them and if others have heard of them, it's usually only for their single "It's My Life" which while a great song is so far from their best. I consider them the Pink Floyd of the 80s.

I think Spirit of Eden is at least on par with Dark Side of the Moon; it would be a toss-up to me which of those two albums is the greatest popular music album ever made. Listening to that album makes my jaw drop in amazement at parts because it's so majestic and epic. It's definitely my favorite album of the 1980s.

Their influence is really overlooked too. Not only did they invent post-rock (though I'd give Simple Minds and Tears for Fears some credit too), their music has had a strong influence on Britpop, trip hop, emo and tons of music in general that's been released in the 90s and later.

All five of their albums are brilliant in their own way but my favorites are Spirit of Eden followed by Colour of Spring.

Edited by Goodminton - July 11 2015 at 14:48
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12