Forum Home Forum Home > Other music related lounges > Music and Musicians Exchange
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Sensory Overload - The Fever (Stoner Rock/Heavy Me
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedSensory Overload - The Fever (Stoner Rock/Heavy Me

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Sensory Overload - The Fever (Stoner Rock/Heavy Me
    Posted: July 14 2015 at 14:20
Hey folks,

Here's a really Heavy Metal/Stoner Rock original song, driven by a grueling maniacal guitar riff, urgent drum fills and swirling in feedback and twists.
We tried blending Black Sabbath & Queens of the Stone Age with our own touch. Now theirs no vocals as we are currently looking for a singer, but it is an experimental rock song that I'd appreciate some feedback and constructive criticism on in its instrumental stage.

GEAR USED:

VOX AC30 w/ Blue Alnico Speakers
Mexican Fender Strat
BOSS BD-2
JH1 Wah-Wah and Fuzzface

Plus a standard drum kit and bass rig. We recorded every instrument 1 at a time with a single SM57 into a $99 Steinberg Interface.
For those conditions, we think it turned out pretty good!

LINK:

https://soundcloud.com/SensoryOL/The-Fever
https://soundcloud.com/SensoryOL

Let us know what you think!

Edited by SensoryOverload - July 14 2015 at 14:21
Guldbamsen View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Retired Admin

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 05 2015 at 00:30
Hi there:)

This part of the forum is only for bands that are included on PA and therefor have a chance of being reviewed here, so I took the liberty of moving your thread to musicians exchange.

“The Guide says there is an art to flying or rather a knack. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss.”

- Douglas Adams
Brianros1976 View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 05 2015 at 19:46
Being a person who plays in a stoner rock band myself, I can't say anything is above average but where you have the dual leads has potential. However the very end of the song doesn't seem like it fits with the other parts of the song. I marked my favorite part your song with a comment on your soundcloud page. Not having a singer its really hard to grade, The music is ok. The vocals can make or break this kind of music. So far its not bad, But not amazing either.
 Post Reply Post Reply