Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Polls
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedExcessive Multiple Post Syndrome

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Poll Question: Should a limit for multiple posts by a single member be initiated?
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
2 [4.76%]
25 [59.52%]
4 [9.52%]
2 [4.76%]
9 [21.43%]
This topic is closed, no new votes accepted

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 3 Votes, Average 3.67  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Mellotron Storm View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 02 2015 at 15:02
Man this would be a boring place if there was a leash put on people like Micky, David and so on. They bring so much character and colour to this place. Keep it up guys!
"The wind is slowly tearing her apart"

"Sad Rain" ANEKDOTEN
micky View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 02 2015 at 15:21
Originally posted by Disparate Times Disparate Times wrote:

You guys totally ruined this thread

it is a talent some of us have...

Edited by micky - August 02 2015 at 15:22
The Pedro and Micky Experience - When one no longer requires psychotropics to trip
Tom Ozric View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 02 2015 at 15:24
Oooooh, dat Micky
Multi posting on a thread about multi posting.........
........the nerve
micky View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 02 2015 at 15:41
well... we could talk about something else I suppose.

like the current admin team.  Great guys.. but I haven't failed to notice I haven't got ONE SINGLE warning PM from them since I've come back. sh*t man... I had an entire PM box full of them with Micky v.1 and old classic admin team. Good times man! Clap That was a potent team a mix of real tough guys and ultra anal retentive types. LOL

Either I've really mellowed or the current admin team is a group of good natured pussies...

Edited by micky - August 02 2015 at 15:43
The Pedro and Micky Experience - When one no longer requires psychotropics to trip
Atavachron View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 02 2015 at 18:55
^ A little of both but on the balance I'd say we have a very level-headed Admin team.   On the other hand, this place is a rose garden compared to the mid-00s, so that works.   Plus I miss Bob and Tony and Jody's presence as much as their policing.

"Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought."   -- John F. Kennedy
fudgenuts64 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 02 2015 at 19:22
There's an edit button for a reason - but a lot of the time it's just bumping an old topic.
Dean View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Retired Admin and Amateur Layabout

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 02 2015 at 20:07
We need fewer rules. We have five. All of them reduce down to one: don't be a dick.

When common decency, good manners, respect, consideration and observing basic netiquette is the norm there is no need for rules and Moderators.

Sadly, some inflated egos around here believe themselves to be above all that bollocks.

It's been fun, now it's not.

see ya.

What?
Altairius View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 02 2015 at 20:18
So long as the posts are on-topic and not to the point of comparing every modern band with every other in a completely random way, or something like that, it's fine. A standard tournament is fine.
micky View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 02 2015 at 20:44
Originally posted by Atavachron Atavachron wrote:

^ A little of both but on the balance I'd say we have a very level-headed Admin team.   On the other hand, this place is a rose garden compared to the mid-00s, so that works.   Plus I miss Bob and Tony and Jody's presence as much as their policing.

yeah... different tools for different times I suppose. This place really was the wild west so you had to have hair-triggered tough guys to take out the trash. Today.. if multiple post syndrome is the issue. It is a rose garden. LOL
twosteves View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 02 2015 at 22:13
Originally posted by Dr. Occulator Dr. Occulator wrote:

Personally when I see over a page or more of posts by the same person with a similar motif, I find I lose interest mainly because it seems the page has been taken over by one person and there doesn't seem to be the same amount of group interest.
However I do give credit to them for perseverance and tenacity in expressing a musical passion,
and after all, it's good clean fun.
Opinions?

agree with you especially the "lose interest" part--but censoring on here would be a bad idea because where would it end?
Svetonio View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 02 2015 at 23:33
Originally posted by twosteves twosteves wrote:

Personally when I see over a page or more of posts by the same person with a similar motif, I find I lose interest mainly because it seems the page has been taken over by one person and there doesn't seem to be the same amount of group interest.
However I do give credit to them for perseverance and tenacity in expressing a musical passion,
Opinions?

agree with you especially the "lose interest" part--but censoring on here would be a bad idea because where would it end?
An official censorship by the moderator? No, it's not necessary at all. We already have something better! LOL
We have a forum's volunteer guard composed by some people  who are de facto  above the moderator. Acting as a forum's police, what is a priori  violation of this forum's policy and the rules, they think that only they know how the board should look like, and they, therefore, are patrolling the forum. Thus, everything is permitted except that which they do not like personally!
Their mode of operation is quite simple: discourage and offend the members (e.g. call the members' posts "spam" for no reason, direct personal insults, posting lies and so on) who post something they did not like it for any reason.

Edited by Svetonio - August 03 2015 at 03:49
someone_else View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 03 2015 at 16:37
I voted No. As in some more cases, the remedy is worse than the evil.
Metalmarsh89 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 03 2015 at 16:49
I think the number of posts each person should be permitted to post on a page (or in a thread) should be inversely proportionate to that person's age. Wink
Want to play mafia? Visit here.
micky View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 03 2015 at 16:50
Originally posted by Svetonio Svetonio wrote:

Originally posted by twosteves twosteves wrote:

Opinions?

An official censorship by the moderator? No, it's not necessary at all. We already have something better! LOL
We have a forum's volunteer guard composed by some people  who are de facto  above the moderator. Acting as a forum's police, what is a priori  violation of this forum's policy and the rules, they think that only they know how the board should look like, and they, therefore, are patrolling the forum. Thus, everything is permitted except that which they do not like personally!
Their mode of operation is quite simple: discourage and offend the members (e.g. call the members' posts "spam" for no reason, direct personal insults, posting lies and so on) who post something they did not like it for any reason.

dude.. no one wants to read about your troubles.. get your own thread. This is mine!!! LOL
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 03 2015 at 16:53

Yeah you're darn tootin' we police this place; our Mods are great but they can't be everywhere.   Sometimes It's up to the veteran caretakers to occasionally remind people of things.

"Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought."   -- John F. Kennedy
micky View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 03 2015 at 16:59
yeah David..  I was quite impressed.. and all too happy to take my dose of forum-moderation when I stepped over the line in my tongue-in-cheek vitriol against SWilson.  I'd never think about insulting people ...I mean really insulting them.. but when you live the life of straddling the line .. stepping over it occasionally happens.  Some took offense.. others saw the potential and told me I might want to tone it down.  Of course I did. Embarrassed

problem found and solved without problem. 
Barbu View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 03 2015 at 19:38
Originally posted by Atavachron Atavachron wrote:

Yeah you're darn tootin' we police this place; our Mods are great but they can't be everywhere.   Sometimes It's up to the veteran caretakers to occasionally remind people of things.

I have no problem with that as long as you're playing fair and are aiming correctly.
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 03 2015 at 19:41
Except you're a vet too   Tongue

Barbu View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 03 2015 at 19:50
Yeah, but don't forget I'm a french dude and the many subtilities of the english language often escapes me. The reason why I'm trying to stay 'Neutral' most of the time.
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 03 2015 at 19:54
And Mrs. Henry ?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>