Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Retired Admin and Amateur Layabout

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 18 2015 at 10:15
from the interwebs via a 30 second search:

"Re: Easy way to play a full album

If you search for an artist and then click on their name to go to the artists page, their music will be displayed as albums. You can double click any track to start playback or click on an album name if you only want to see that album. 

If you have tracks already in a playlist, you can view the album page by clicking the album name in the track row."

I believe you have to deactivate Spotify's shuffle mode first if you want to maintain track-order
What?
rushfan4 View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 18 2015 at 10:20
Originally posted by Dean Dean wrote:

from the interwebs via a 30 second search:

"Re: Easy way to play a full album

If you search for an artist and then click on their name to go to the artists page, their music will be displayed as albums. You can double click any track to start playback or click on an album name if you only want to see that album. 

If you have tracks already in a playlist, you can view the album page by clicking the album name in the track row."

I believe you have to deactivate Spotify's shuffle mode first if you want to maintain track-order
I think it works that way on a computer, but on a mobile device, unless you pay for Spotify, you can only listen in shuffle mode.
Dayvenkirq View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 18 2015 at 10:21
^ Beat me to it.

Edited by Dayvenkirq - August 18 2015 at 10:22
chopper View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 18 2015 at 10:36
Originally posted by condor condor wrote:

Also, I seem to find spotify harder to use than youtube. Anyone else?

YouTube is hard to use? Find a video you want to watch, click on the Play button.
mmmreesescups View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 28 2015 at 23:22
Anyone here use Apple Music? I find it's feckin' good.
Windhawk View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 29 2015 at 03:08
The main evil of Spotify and other streaming services is the deals the major labels forced through for their catalogs to be available on that system. Spotify pays out 70% of the income to the royalty holders, but divided on percentage of total plays rather than what the individual subscriber plays. Which means that the thousands of free subscribers listening to Beyonce and Lady Gaga results on payments from paid subscribers going towards the royalty owners of those artists rather than the music the paid subscribers actually listen to. There is a call from the music community to alter those terms, so that the payments of each subscriber should go towards the music they are actually listening to, as that would make the system a whole lot better.

A second evil is the contracts for the artists signed to labels, where many suffer the fate of digital royalty payouts treated in the same manner as physical royalty payouts, with fixed percentages deducted for pressing, distribution etc. To state this second aspect in a simplistic manner, any artists reading feel free to fill in all the bloody details of this particular evil...

The physical format is going from being the main product to becoming the niche product. That is a revolution that won't be stopped, for better and for worse. This is the case for music, gaming, movies, books, comics, magazines and newspapers. The gaming world have shown that this is a good future is the system is good enough - I can't recall seeing too many articles about the evil of Steam, to put it that way, nor have I seen all that many lamenting the decline of the physical gaming products.
Websites I work with:

http://www.progressor.net
http://www.houseofprog.com

My profile on Mixcloud:
https://www.mixcloud.com/haukevind/
Dean View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Retired Admin and Amateur Layabout

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 29 2015 at 04:47
Originally posted by Windhawk Windhawk wrote:

The main evil of Spotify and other streaming services is the deals the major labels forced through for their catalogs to be available on that system. Spotify pays out 70% of the income to the royalty holders, but divided on percentage of total plays rather than what the individual subscriber plays. Which means that the thousands of free subscribers listening to Beyonce and Lady Gaga results on payments from paid subscribers going towards the royalty owners of those artists rather than the music the paid subscribers actually listen to. There is a call from the music community to alter those terms, so that the payments of each subscriber should go towards the music they are actually listening to, as that would make the system a whole lot better.

A second evil is the contracts for the artists signed to labels, where many suffer the fate of digital royalty payouts treated in the same manner as physical royalty payouts, with fixed percentages deducted for pressing, distribution etc. To state this second aspect in a simplistic manner, any artists reading feel free to fill in all the bloody details of this particular evil...

The physical format is going from being the main product to becoming the niche product. That is a revolution that won't be stopped, for better and for worse. This is the case for music, gaming, movies, books, comics, magazines and newspapers. The gaming world have shown that this is a good future is the system is good enough - I can't recall seeing too many articles about the evil of Steam, to put it that way, nor have I seen all that many lamenting the decline of the physical gaming products.
Excellent post Olav. Clap

This is still "early days" and there is still a lot of work to be done in making this fair for all concerned. 

The Gaming world has a head-start on this because the manufacturers and distributors have been faced with the issue (of hacking and cracking) for considerably longer. The Gaming software delivery solution is a slightly different model and those differences may make it an incompatible one to music delivery. Variants on that model for other software products (Operating Systems and Applications) where the user does not own the delivered product are easier to manage from a providers' perspective. All this is made possible because the content is update-able and upgradable after purchase, which is not the case with other entertainment media. The major difference in all these is the raw product is created by a business (developer/publisher) rather than an individual (artiste) and distributed though inter-company agreement with the distributor (e.g. Steam). The end-user has bought-in to this model because it benefits them to do so: my iPhone/iPad/Media Player/PC/Gaming Platform is a useless lump of metal, glass and plastic if I don't buy-in to this software delivery system. 

This (as I predicted several years ago) is all about ownership. With physical product the ownership model is clear - the creator owns the IP, the manufacturer and distributor owns the saleable items and the end user owns the purchased product. With streamed product (music, gaming, movies, books, comics, magazines and newspapers, plus Apps, software, O/S's etc.) the end user no longer owns anything so they can be removed from the equation. [The 'blame' for that lies squarely with the end-users themselves by way of their misplaced justification for illegal downloading in days of yore]. At present, this leaves all the ownership cards with the manufactures and distributors (for music read "the manufacturers" as "the labels") and puts the creators (artistes) in a position of relative weakness in any subsequent payment negotiations.

What?
Matte View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 29 2015 at 06:37
Right now I have 110.356 songs on my Spotify. All of them are represented here on PA.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123