FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedWhat upset you today?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 8>
Author
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 03 2015 at 18:42
I can respect her views..  even if I think them stupid and ignorant.

Does God really give a f**k who you marry.. come on man...of course not..  the God I believe in has a sh*tload of other things to worry about. Perhaps like all the children who suffer resulting from broken or unhealthy traditional man v. woman marriages.

What I don't respect those who impose their beliefs on others.   So many other problems in the world Steve.. and this.. THIS issue is what those God fearing folk really think is important.  No wonder religion has such a bad name for many... . it does seem to have the abiity make one stupid. Take away ones god given right to think and use the grey matter.. not to mention the ability to feel empathy or compassion.

The Pedro and Micky Experience - When one no longer requires psychotropics to trip
SteveG View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 03 2015 at 18:46

Yes, but as my father use to say "Everyone in this country has a right to be stupid, so you'd better get use to it, son." LOL  He was pistol!

micky View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 03 2015 at 18:49
LOLClap  It is like the morons and trolls here.. would this place.. would life be half as interesting without them.

I just read today some idiot blew his head off trying to take a selfie with a pistol. Yes I am going to hell.. but damnit man.. I laughed my ass off when I read that. Of course it was in Texas..  I would have bet my paycheck it would have been in a southern state. 
The Pedro and Micky Experience - When one no longer requires psychotropics to trip
SteveG View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 03 2015 at 19:11
"Sometimes it's a great show as long as your not one of the current attractions". Another one from pops.
micky View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 03 2015 at 19:24
no doubt!!!!  I have no doubt that if I ever got stupid.. and got famous..  I would forever regret it.

I could see the ex, ie theSpawn of Satan, now in my mind .. telling Inside Edition about how I forced her to dress up as a man while I dressed up as a woman to see who could be picked up the quickest at a bar.

I'd be yelling at the TV that she was lying that it was HER idea.. but would anyone believe me? My reputation would forever be ruined.

bah....
emigre80 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 04 2015 at 07:22
^ I'm dying to know - who did get picked up first?
SteveG View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 04 2015 at 08:54
Originally posted by micky micky wrote:

no doubt!!!!  I have no doubt that if I ever got stupid.. and got famous..  I would forever regret it.

I could see the ex, ie theSpawn of Satan, now in my mind .. telling Inside Edition about how I forced her to dress up as a man while I dressed up as a woman to see who could be picked up the quickest at a bar.

I'd be yelling at the TV that she was lying that it was HER idea.. but would anyone believe me? My reputation would forever be ruined.

bah....
And it's worse when you're center stage. Yikes!
This message was brought to you by a proud supporter of the Deep State.
Ivan_Melgar_M View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 04 2015 at 11:47
The guy in the apartment just above mine is remodeling his property and I'm working at home with a terrible cold.

God, with that hammering I can't listen my thoughts.

Iván 

Atavachron View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 04 2015 at 17:32
Hell is upstairs neighbors.
"Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought."   -- John F. Kennedy
Finnforest View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 04 2015 at 18:02
There are few things in life as beautiful as quiet neighbors. 

Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 04 2015 at 19:25
^ God bless them all; never fully appreciated in their time.
"Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought."   -- John F. Kennedy
Dean View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Retired Admin and Amateur Layabout

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 05 2015 at 01:33
What?
Ivan_Melgar_M View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 06 2015 at 02:13
Originally posted by Atavachron Atavachron wrote:

Hell is upstairs neighbors.

Yes, this guys have taken all the carpets and the wife walks with high heels all day and night....Plus kids and a chihuahua  dog....And when they go to the pool, the kids play all around us

I have wall to wall carpets and over them my Persian rugs and still walk without shoes for comfort, my GF is slightly taller than me and when she stays she uses no heels, my mother (who lives with us) puts the TV somehow high (Hearing problems), but asked the neighbors and they don't listen it because the rooms have good acoustic protection.

Now with this remodeling they are really driving me crazy.

The front door neighbors are the perfect ones, I don't even know them (seen them twice in 2 years), much less listen them.

Kati View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 14 2015 at 01:32

Topic ClosedWhy is Iron Maiden here classified as prog?

That forum topic was closed and without reason really. I happen to be very curious and interested in it, no pun intended. This thread was closed without any explanation the main question, atleast one could have directed me or others to the so-called previous topic discussion? I did a PA search and only found this: http://www.progarchives.com/forum/search_results_posts.asp?SearchID=20150914012949&KW=Iron+Maiden+prog
Closing a forum topic as it was done is not only disrespectful to me but also to others who have replied to that forum topic, Guldbamsen was great in dealing with these things, he would atleast divert and add the topic to the supposed "Iron Maiden" previous discussed matters. I am a nincompoop, this is not new, I am also the first to admit it, however closing a forum topic without re-direction is wrong and not very nice.
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 14 2015 at 01:36
^ I'm guessing because it had the potential to become a sh*t storm like we haven't seen in years.

Kati View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 14 2015 at 01:52

^ I'm guessing because it had the potential to become a sh*t storm like we haven't seen in years.

Awww Atavachron, not really, people should stop fighting and take things personally. I actually don't care if Iron Maiden are prog or not, really. It was a curious question and I certainly meant no pun with it. To be honest besides the fact I only heard a few songs from them which certainly is not enough for me to firmly asset my point of view about them in this regard, I honestly did not know this would be such a big deal, however knowing that and considering I cannot find a forum topic about this, I'd still post the same question.

Big hug to you,
Hug
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 14 2015 at 01:55
^ And a big hug to you too.  It's not just about IM, there are nuances at play.
Kati View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 14 2015 at 02:03

^ And a big hug to you too.  It's not just about IM, there are nuances at play.

Aww ok Atavachron, you are so sweet, I'll let it rest here. My curiosity took me to look at other sites tho' and the only reason was because I got no answer on here, I found answers (or not really) as follows:

Another big hug to you, Atachron Hug
Raff View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 14 2015 at 05:39
The thread was closed because there have been many of its kind over the years, and they generally do not lead to anything but potential strife - especially since bands/artists cannot be deleted from the database except in very particular circumstances.

Anyway, as you also hang out on Progressive Ears, you may have seen the lengthy thread on IM's latest album, The Book of Souls, in the main forum (the one dedicated to prog). So, you see, we're not the only ones who think IM have a relation to prog.
Kati View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 14 2015 at 05:52
Originally posted by Raff Raff wrote:

The thread was closed because there have been many of its kind over the years, and they generally do not lead to anything but potential strife - especially since bands/artists cannot be deleted from the database except in very particular circumstances.

Anyway, as you also hang out on Progressive Ears, you may have seen the lengthy thread on IM's latest album, The Book of Souls, in the main forum (the one dedicated to prog). So, you see, we're not the only ones who think IM have a relation to prog.
Raff, I am a member on there although I clearly said I have only been on two forum topics so far. I do want to understand why you and so many others love and believe Iron Miaden is prog, not only because of the tag, I know little about them and what I know is not my thing, this said I probably only ever heard 5 songs so far and this is dismal really not enough for me to know that or understand that I like them.
Raff, I really did not mean to offend anyone and certainly not you. All I wanted was positive insight as to why one likes them so much.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 8>