Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 27 2015 at 10:22
Originally posted by Nickname420 Nickname420 wrote:

Originally posted by js (Easy Money) js (Easy Money) wrote:

I want to see ugly ... do it!!!
Or are you just talking.

I wish but I'm not dumb. It sounds like you want me to go off so you guys can ban me.
Why would want to ban you? You're the funniest poster on PA since knobby got banned, who btw was also from Canada. Hmm... 

Edited by SteveG - August 27 2015 at 10:35
sublime220 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 27 2015 at 11:26
Originally posted by SteveG SteveG wrote:

Or are you just talking.

I wish but I'm not dumb. It sounds like you want me to go off so you guys can ban me.
Why would want to ban you? You're the funniest poster on PA since knobby got banned, who btw was also from Canada. Hmm... 

Idk the same day I joined, there was a guy who spoke in all caps and believed that prog was dead and if it didn't have a mellotron, it wasn't prog. Can't remember his name but I do remember cracking up because they were so unintelligent. 
There is no dark side in the moon, really... Matter of fact, it's all dark...
Guldbamsen View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Retired Admin

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 27 2015 at 15:05

Or are you just talking.

Funny? Eh I'd rather pay a doberman in a divingsuit for a lap dance.

“The Guide says there is an art to flying or rather a knack. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss.”

- Douglas Adams
Sean Trane View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Prog Folk

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 28 2015 at 02:08
Originally posted by Guldbamsen Guldbamsen wrote:

Or are you just talking.

Funny? Eh I'd rather pay a doberman in a divingsuit for a lap dance.

To be watched as stoned as possible for maximum effect LOL

Cosmiclawnmower View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 28 2015 at 06:25
Would i be getting just a bit toooo far away from the whole purpose of this forum by suggesting a 'favourite Monty Python sketch' thread??

chopper View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 28 2015 at 06:58
Originally posted by Cosmiclawnmower Cosmiclawnmower wrote:

Would i be getting just a bit toooo far away from the whole purpose of this forum by suggesting a 'favourite Monty Python sketch' thread??
Provided you put it in the right place, no.
emigre80 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 28 2015 at 07:22
Originally posted by chopper chopper wrote:

Originally posted by Cosmiclawnmower Cosmiclawnmower wrote:

Provided you put it in the right place, no.
I vote for Monty Python, sobriety is getting dull.
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 28 2015 at 15:24
Sorry, i must admit to being a bit sarcastic... Wink
Firstly, i will write abit about the gentleman's original thread topic...
I used to think that some sort of 'enhancement' (herbal, alcoholic or yogic) was essential to listening to progressive music in all its forms but as ive got older, life and circumstances have changed and now i no longer have time, inclination or (ha ha) connections to listen in that way.. I listen to the same music and if anything hear it and appreciate it in a more intense and colourful form than i did in my youth.. so i think its more to do with matured mind than to do with whether it is enhanced by something. I have never (luckily- it is a serious issue for many) ever had to consciously consider whether or whether not to listen under the influence or not and personally still consider Herbal and Yogic stimulants as a 'sacrement' (by my own definition) and not a 'lifestyle enhancement' and whilst not indulging for many many years, still enjoy the odd alcoholic beverage occasionally and do not judge others for their choice of mindset when listening. I must admit that i am able to listen to much more complicated and dissonant music now than ever in my youth..
Back to Python... Thanks, maybe i will suggest something in the correct and appropriate space!!LOL Luv'chew al!

Tom Ozric View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 28 2015 at 17:04
^ With a post like that, you're lucky Nicknameblahblah isn't here to respond
No matter, I agree with you 100 %.
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 28 2015 at 17:29
Is he not? bless.. oh dear, thats a shame..
I have wondered about another idea for a thread.. I dont have any form of digital/ transportable form of music (ie smartphone or Ipod) so when i'm working (which is 90% outside) i listen to music in my head and can 'play' my favorite playlist in my head... What is your piece of music which you have memorised and can play in your head from start to finish?? (this is also extremely good excercise for your brain!)

moosehead View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 28 2015 at 19:13
we understand you guys are older and don't smoke anymore but stop be a f**king bumer to those who do. and yes i am friends with nickname and i don't give a sh*t, this forum is a pile of dog crap. it was like 20 people vs 1. you guys should proud of yourselves , really. *CLAPS* he actually had cosntructive arguments too, it's not like he was straight up insulting you guys. but seriously you guys make me sick.
PROG ROCK SUCKS IT DIED A LONG TIME AGO AND WILL NEVER COME BACK. ALL OF YOU OLD ASS MOTHERf**kERS GET A LIFE BECAUSE YOU ALREADY f**kED UP THE LIVES FOR CURRENT GENERATIONS AND FUTURE ONES. thank you

Edited by moosehead - August 28 2015 at 19:14
moosehead View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 28 2015 at 19:15
So post away to me, nickname might not but I am you old pathetic geezers
Atavachron View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 28 2015 at 19:47
^ No offense taken--  you shouldn't be bummed out by those who don't, or no longer, partake in mind-altering, attitude adjusting substances.   I mean, who gives a crap?   And yes prog has been dead (or comatose) for a very long time.   Sometimes I think this place is as much 'Geriatric Nostalgia Archives' as it is Progarchives.

But we love it;  young, old, high or clearheaded, males & (a few) females, gay or straight, we all love prog.   Oh well.

"Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought."   -- John F. Kennedy
Kati View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 28 2015 at 23:50
Originally posted by Atavachron Atavachron wrote:

^ No offense taken--  you shouldn't be bummed out by those who don't, or no longer, partake in mind-altering, attitude adjusting substances.   I mean, who gives a crap?   And yes prog has been dead (or comatose) for a very long time.   Sometimes I think this place is as much 'Geriatric Nostalgia Archives' as it is Progarchives.

But we love it;  young, old, high or clearheaded, males & (a few) females, gay or straight, we all love prog.   Oh well.

Atavachron, lol love it! and I must quote you here again, "But we love it;  young, old, high or clearheaded, males & (a few) females, gay or straight, we all love prog."
ha! Billiant! SmileClap and a big Hug
P.S. LOL so funny too, your emphasis on "a few" females hahaha! LOL naughty lol  

Edited by Kati - August 28 2015 at 23:50
O666 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 29 2015 at 02:44
Originally posted by Atavachron Atavachron wrote:

ClapClap 

Sean Trane View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Prog Folk

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 29 2015 at 02:55
Originally posted by moosehead moosehead wrote:

we understand you guys are older and don't smoke anymore but stop be a f**king bumer to those who do. and yes i am friends with nickname and i don't give a sh*t, this forum is a pile of dog crap. it was like 20 people vs 1. you guys should proud of yourselves , really. *CLAPS* he actually had cosntructive arguments too, it's not like he was straight up insulting you guys. but seriously you guys make me sick.
PROG ROCK SUCKS IT DIED A LONG TIME AGO AND WILL NEVER COME BACK. ALL OF YOU OLD ASS MOTHERf**kERS GET A LIFE BECAUSE YOU ALREADY f**kED UP THE LIVES FOR CURRENT GENERATIONS AND FUTURE ONES. thank you

What is it with Canada lately?? an outburst or hooligans and trolls??? Is there a nest where you guys are copulating and multiplying??

We've had this Wallace idiot for years but apprently his offsprings were born, nurtered from his pooing left all thoughout the great white north's tundra & taïga.

F...ya if you don't like it here. Nobody's holding you back.

Tom Ozric View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 29 2015 at 03:45
Bumer ??
Kati View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 29 2015 at 03:51
Canadian people are very nice people, really very, very nice, these must be some different kind of Canadians that I didn't even know that existed Big smile
Hug
Guldbamsen View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Retired Admin

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 29 2015 at 04:02

Wow...
So because you've run into 10 people on here you now know enough to judge the entire site?
We have just as many youngsters on here as we've got old - it's just a matter of where you look. Thing is, most members can discuss things without being rude or downright abusive - you obviously can't.
We have a very friendly forum because we all are interested in keeping it that way. That also means reprimanding newbies who come here to start sh*t with every new post they make.
We will gladly see them back, if they can show a little goodwill, manners and maybe just a teenie tiny bit of courtesy towards the folks residing on the other end of their screen.
Throwing a fit because we suspend a guy (even if he is your pal) for being a proper dick is not the way to go about anything either.

“The Guide says there is an art to flying or rather a knack. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss.”

- Douglas Adams
Kati View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 29 2015 at 04:04
Originally posted by Guldbamsen Guldbamsen wrote:

Wow...
So because you've run into 10 people on here you now know enough to judge the entire site?
We have just as many youngsters on here as we've got old - it's just a matter of where you look. Thing is, most members can discuss things without being rude or downright abusive - you obviously can't.
We have a very friendly forum because we all are interested in keeping it that way. That also means reprimanding newbies who come here to start sh*t with every new post they make.
We will gladly see them back, if they can show a little goodwill, manners and maybe just a teenie tiny bit of courtesy towards the folks residing on the other end of their screen.
Throwing a fit because we suspend a guy (even if he is your pal) for being a proper dick is not the way to go about anything either.

Amen! Approve
Hug
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456>