FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedAlbums to listen to SOBER

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3456>
Author
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Retired Admin and Amateur Layabout

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 29 2015 at 06:29
This forum is often at its most entertaining on "a slow news day" and these threads (along the not dissimilar Music for Atheists/Theists threads and all the best/worst tournament polls) are no exception. Anything that provokes a diametric response (whether that is due to posting while pissed/stoned/sober/angry/bemused or just out of plain boredom) makes for amusing casual reading when not taken too seriously, it sure beats the hell out of debating whether Genesis were more Prog than Yes, arguing over which kind of Prog a particular album is, or trying to nail What Is Prog? to a fixed set of rules. 

When I was an Admin I toed the party-line on restricting the promotion of illegal activities (such as drug use and abuse) because that was part of my job-role. Then and now, I personally couldn't give a flying fart whether someone thinks they get more out of a piece of music when stoned, pissed or sober. I know what I like and know how I like to listen to music without having that condoned or condemned by someone else, just as someone stating that Edgar Froese was a poor guitarist doesn't affect my personal enjoyment of his playing. Getting your panties in a bunch just because someone on a forum disagrees with you is a pointless endeavour, as John pointed out - threats made anonymously in an online forum are empty threats.

peace out (and off).

Edited by Dean - August 29 2015 at 10:29
What?
Cosmiclawnmower View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 29 2015 at 07:48
''Sometimes I think this place is as much 'Geriatric Nostalgia Archives'' as it is Progarchives.'- Yes it is- that is, sadly, the nature of time. We dont have much choice but to look backwards to this music we enjoy and love so much as we move away from it in time. But We also look forwards to what is to come and around at what is currently here. And love it all.
Geriatric... hhmm, yes there must be a very wide range of ages, from about 14 to 70 at a guess but i dont think that is a word i would use to describe anyone ive come across on this forum. Maturity of mind can be found in anyone of any age, along with manners, humility, thought for others etc. Conversely any age can produce immature, infantile, random ranting..
Just 'Nostalgia archives'.. thats fine..

Raff View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 29 2015 at 08:06
The funniest thing is this person pretending to be a teenager and insulting older people has Jim Morrison (who died 44 years ago) as his avatarLOL... So much for being modern and innovative.
O666 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 29 2015 at 10:12
Oh guys. I always use Translator for read and write in PA forums but These 2 guys posts have too much insults and dirty words I have ever seen in PA!! each word I wrote in my translator gave me  DIRTY means!! 
I am 46 years old and maybe I am old (I don't think I'm old) but I can't stop that. Time go forward and I can't control this and this is not my fault!!Unhappy
Finally I can't understand what they want ? They search for what? Why? What? Who? ??????????????????Confused
Finnforest View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 29 2015 at 10:19
Just ignore them Omid.  They'll get bored and move on eventually.  Also, I'm about your age...we're not old, we're just about ripe.  Smile

O666 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 29 2015 at 10:30
Originally posted by Finnforest Finnforest wrote:

Just ignore them Omid.  They'll get bored and move on eventually.  Also, I'm about your age...we're not old, we're just about ripe.  Smile
Exactly. Wink
Kati View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 29 2015 at 12:03
There are no rules when it comes to listening to music, pure enjoyment should be the norm. Hug  
Dean View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Retired Admin and Amateur Layabout

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 29 2015 at 12:10
Originally posted by Kati Kati wrote:

There are no rules when it comes to listening to music, pure enjoyment should be the norm. Hug  
I'll dring t'tha...

"Norm!"

What?
Kati View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 29 2015 at 12:12
Originally posted by Dean Dean wrote:

I'll dring t'tha...

"Norm!"

hahahaha!!!! lite (light) beer/lager LOL cheers Hug
The Dark Elf View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 29 2015 at 12:53
Originally posted by moosehead moosehead wrote:

So post away to me, nickname might not but I am you old pathetic geezers

What an inarticulate and garbled mess. When you drunkenly burble "nickname might not but I am you old pathetic geezers", I have to wonder if you subconsciously (or unconsciously, as the case may be) include yourself with the old pathetic geezers, or, more to the point, whether you ever will survive long enough to reach that age.
...a vigorous circular motion hitherto unknown to the people of this area, but destined
to take the place of the mud shark in your mythology...
Kati View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 29 2015 at 13:25
Originally posted by The Dark Elf The Dark Elf wrote:

What an inarticulate and garbled mess. When you drunkenly burble "nickname might not but I am you old pathetic geezers", I have to wonder if you subconsciously (or unconsciously, as the case may be) include yourself with the old pathetic geezers, or, more to the point, whether you ever will survive long enough to reach that age.
The Dark Elf! mwhoaahhxxxx hello! Hug
I don't like to put people down especially when it's obvious everyone is outspoken against him but he resonates immaturity no matter what age he might be. 
More hugs to you Hug
emigre80 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 29 2015 at 13:30

I don't like to put people down especially when it's obvious everyone is outspoken against him but he resonates immaturity no matter what age he might be. 
More hugs to you Hug

Really.  This all got old a few pages ago.

Kati View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 29 2015 at 13:37
Originally posted by emigre80 emigre80 wrote:

More hugs to you Hug

Emigre8o, I am sorry this bores you and makes sense you want to get back to topic :) but you ought to rephrase that because something currently being discussed right now by one or more members is not "old a few pages ago" ;)
SteveG View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 29 2015 at 14:59

we understand you guys are older and don't smoke anymore but stop be a f**king bumer to those who do. and yes i am friends with nickname and i don't give a sh*t, this forum is a pile of dog crap. it was like 20 people vs 1. you guys should proud of yourselves , really. *CLAPS* he actually had cosntructive arguments too, it's not like he was straight up insulting you guys. but seriously you guys make me sick.
PROG ROCK SUCKS IT DIED A LONG TIME AGO AND WILL NEVER COME BACK. ALL OF YOU OLD ASS MOTHERf**kERS GET A LIFE BECAUSE YOU ALREADY f**kED UP THE LIVES FOR CURRENT GENERATIONS AND FUTURE ONES. thank you
If this thread is a pile of crap, and I agree that it is, then why was it posted in the first place? And any responses to your friend we're much less offensive than anything he said. No one here said that he was an idiot or made threats to him. He did, however and that's why members jumped on.

If prog is not your cup of tea, then why are you and your friend here? Who are the ones that really need to get a life?

Edited by SteveG - August 29 2015 at 15:01
emigre80 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 29 2015 at 15:11

More hugs to you Hug

Emigre8o, I am sorry this bores you and makes sense you want to get back to topic :) but you ought to rephrase that because something currently being discussed right now by one or more members is not "old a few pages ago" ;)

I didn't mean it that way, Kati. I was talking about the posters who just wanted to continue being aggressive time after time without advancing the conversation.  Sorry if it came out wrongUnhappy
Greg W View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 29 2015 at 15:16
I listen to all prog sober. That is the only way really.

jayem View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 29 2015 at 15:18
( Remembering S. Dali saying "I am drugs" )

Interesting topic as far as we'd ask which artistic experiment would take one's soul to high enough a level, that it'd match the power of (some) drugs – which drugs ?, so those drugs become superfluous. 

Only those who've ventured into the "high" World can tell...
SteveG View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 29 2015 at 15:36
This thread spawned a lot of pages due to the back and forth of member's arguments, but it seemed that few made the declaration that listening to music sober is better than listening to music while high. Strange. 
emigre80 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 29 2015 at 15:39
Originally posted by SteveG SteveG wrote:

This thread spawned a lot of pages due to the back and forth of member's arguments, but it seemed that few made the declaration that listening to music sober is better than listening to music while high. Strange. 

I think music is great whenever, wherever and however you listen to it.  Whatever works for you is the best way to do it.
The Dark Elf View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 29 2015 at 15:45

Whatever works for you is the best way to do it.

That is a very sobering thought.

...a vigorous circular motion hitherto unknown to the people of this area, but destined
to take the place of the mud shark in your mythology...
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3456>