Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 29 2015 at 15:50
Originally posted by emigre80 emigre80 wrote:

Originally posted by Kati Kati wrote:

Originally posted by Kati Kati wrote:

Originally posted by The Dark Elf The Dark Elf wrote:

Originally posted by moosehead moosehead wrote:

So post away to me, nickname might not but I am you old pathetic geezers

What an inarticulate and garbled mess. When you drunkenly burble "nickname might not but I am you old pathetic geezers", I have to wonder if you subconsciously (or unconsciously, as the case may be) include yourself with the old pathetic geezers, or, more to the point, whether you ever will survive long enough to reach that age.
The Dark Elf! mwhoaahhxxxx hello! Hug
I don't like to put people down especially when it's obvious everyone is outspoken against him but he resonates immaturity no matter what age he might be. 
More hugs to you Hug

Really.  This all got old a few pages ago.

Emigre8o, I am sorry this bores you and makes sense you want to get back to topic :) but you ought to rephrase that because something currently being discussed right now by one or more members is not "old a few pages ago" ;)

I didn't mean it that way, Kati. I was talking about the posters who just wanted to continue being aggressive time after time without advancing the conversation.  Sorry if it came out wrongUnhappy
Awww emigre80, you are wonderful awesome , sorry I misunderstood what you said above, anyway also before that you were awesome too, a lot! Big smile big hug Hug
jayem View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 29 2015 at 15:54

Whatever works for you is the best way to do it.

OK if "Whatever works for you" means that there's actually no damage in relationships, financial, health condition, linked to the power of expensive drugs. 

But having personally witnessed lots of such damages, I'd welcome any comment from anyone who managed to forget getting high on drugs thanks to the power of music (or art, etc).
emigre80 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 29 2015 at 16:26
[[/QUOTE]
Awww emigre80, you are wonderful awesome , sorry I misunderstood what you said above, anyway also before that you were awesome too, a lot! Big smile big hug Hug
[/QUOTE]

and a couple of big hugs back!  HugHug
emigre80 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 29 2015 at 16:28
Originally posted by jayem jayem wrote:

Whatever works for you is the best way to do it.

OK if "Whatever works for you" means that there's actually no damage in relationships, financial, health condition, linked to the power of expensive drugs. 
But having personally witnessed lots of such damages, I'd welcome any comment from anyone who managed to forget getting high on drugs thanks to the power of music (or art, etc).

It's apparently  my day to be misunderstood.  I sure didn't mean that drugs are good for you.  What I meant is that music is good for everyone.  That's all.
Andy Webb View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Retired Admin

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 29 2015 at 20:56
Originally posted by moosehead moosehead wrote:

we understand you guys are older and don't smoke anymore but stop be a f**king bumer to those who do. and yes i am friends with nickname and i don't give a sh*t, this forum is a pile of dog crap. it was like 20 people vs 1. you guys should proud of yourselves , really. *CLAPS* he actually had cosntructive arguments too, it's not like he was straight up insulting you guys. but seriously you guys make me sick.
PROG ROCK SUCKS IT DIED A LONG TIME AGO AND WILL NEVER COME BACK. ALL OF YOU OLD ASS MOTHERf**kERS GET A LIFE BECAUSE YOU ALREADY f**kED UP THE LIVES FOR CURRENT GENERATIONS AND FUTURE ONES. thank you

Nickname was argumentative and violated our community standards, hence his suspension. Blaming the 'older' members of the forum for messing up the lives of the 'current and future' generations is a bit harsh, no?

And not everyone is 'older' on this forum either. Plenty of youngins around too, just check the just for fun sections, although I imagine you won't be a long term member.
Atavachron View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 29 2015 at 21:05
Originally posted by Raff Raff wrote:

The funniest thing is this person pretending to be a teenager and insulting older people has Jim Morrison (who died 44 years ago) as his avatarLOL... So much for being modern and innovative.

I never made that connection; it is ironic, and funny  -

"Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought."   -- John F. Kennedy
Tom Ozric View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 29 2015 at 21:36
^ And that particular photo of Jim - well, that says it all
Sean Trane View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Prog Folk

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 30 2015 at 01:58
Originally posted by Atavachron Atavachron wrote:

Originally posted by Raff Raff wrote:

The funniest thing is this person pretending to be a teenager and insulting older people has Jim Morrison (who died 44 years ago) as his avatarLOL... So much for being modern and innovative.

I never made that connection; it is ironic, and funny  -

Morrison's aura is still driving some kids mad nowadays. Thoughout the 90's and 00's, I've met teens that considered him as some kind of ideal to attain, and they held him asd some kind of pagan idol to be adored, some even despite the fact that they parents weren't even born when Jim died.

I guess it's all attitude.

I mean in recent years (let's say 10), The Doors have gotten played much less on FM classic Rock stations than previous decades (unlike Floyd, Eagles, Beatles or Stones, etc...), so it's not like we're being brainwashed by the music anymore, but there is something of a myth that remains.

Tom Ozric View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 30 2015 at 02:41
^ On the contrary, I slave away in a supermarket where 99% of the music is crap. However, we get many hit songs from Gabriel, Genesis (from Follow You onwards) Asia, Yes (Lonely Heart), Chicago, ELO, Oldfield (we got the Tubular Bells edit the other day !) Bowie etc. AND The Doors - entire Light My Fire, Riders On The Storm, People Are Strange, Love Her Madly, Touch Me etc. Some decent tunes amongst the drek. Actually, at one stage, we got Hawkwind's Silver Machine, Atomic Rooster's Tomorrow Night, Sabbath's Paranoid, and Deep Purple's Black Night, Smoke On The Water and Uriah Heep's Free Me.   

Edited by Tom Ozric - August 30 2015 at 02:48
Disparate Times View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 30 2015 at 06:38
You guys should take it easy on Canadians they are obviously very emotional when it comes to the topic of drugs The real irony here is that you're talking about Jim Morrison on a thread entitled albums to listen to sober
emigre80 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 30 2015 at 08:40
^Sobriety and Jim Morrison's consciousness being two concepts that never found themselves on the same page.Wacko
Cosmiclawnmower View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 31 2015 at 12:43
The Doors had a chemistry that went WAY beyond Jim Morrison.. its just that the same as Black Sabbath and Ozzy Osbourne; being backed by 3 musicians that managed to create and maintain the absolutely right back drop for their front men. Both of whom got caught up in their own myths.. Ive got more time for Ozzy than Morrison.. I do love the Doors music and JM was an integral part of that but that whole 'rock n roll poet-Shamen' thing that he portrayed (or was portrayed of him) was really rather naff and i dont really understand how it was perpetuated through bands like Echo and the Bunnymen, the Cult and through the 90's and beyond.
I sometimes wonder if i am invisible in these forum threads??? Hello everyone!!!.. I'm sure all these subjects around sobriety or otherwise are discussed to death in other threads over the years but as the majority here states, its 'Each to their own'.. the issues of the politics, personal responsibility versus individual rights is vast and probably much too thorny... however, having experienced a good chunk of both sides (mostly in my younger years) and coming out a (relatively) happy,  healthy 50 year with no regrets whatsoever (and, i know, incredibly lucky as this is a very serious issue for many) that Music of all types and sorts is best (for me) with a clear, quiet mind and a mug of tea... yes, i do have slippers and very comfy they are tooWink

Padraic View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 31 2015 at 13:07
This thread was so inspirational.  Thank you.
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 31 2015 at 13:14
Originally posted by Padraic Padraic wrote:

Heartfelt or sarcastic?

emigre80 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 31 2015 at 13:37
Originally posted by Cosmiclawnmower Cosmiclawnmower wrote:

Originally posted by Padraic Padraic wrote:

Heartfelt or sarcastic?

I kind of enjoyed both threads before everyone got so cranky.  heartfelt.
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 31 2015 at 14:22
i'm ******* tired now so i'm gonna put my slippers on, have a mug of tea and listen to Solaris Marsbeli Kronikak insteadErmm Heartfelt alsoWacko Cheerio!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 456