Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Suggest New Bands and Artists
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedMatt Konig (UK) for Crossover

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Matt Konig (UK) for Crossover
    Posted: September 17 2015 at 03:01
Matt Konig is a composer and keyboards player based in Devon, "specializing in progressive experimental music" as his bandcamp page says. He released two EPs (May2014 and August 2015) and one full-lenght album (February 2015) "Esquada". A many of different musicians are played at his well executed studio releases. Though, at his live gigs, he plays his interesting music by himself with synths.
i suggested Matt Konig for PA Crossover Prog section as an example of what fresh & modern crossover prog should be at the present day & in my humble opinion.

Bandcamp link:

Edited by Komandant Shamal - September 17 2015 at 06:29
yam yam View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 07 2016 at 09:37
This is another artist whose music fits the suggested sub (or maybe even Eclectic Prog at a pinch), but is virtually unknown in the wider World, despite a considerable number of other musicians being involved in his projects.

He's on facebook, and has been for about a year now, though there is no link to the page from his bandcamp: https://www.facebook.com/mattkonigmusic.

It seems he's still very young, and is a student at the Richard Huish Sixth Form College in Taunton (edit: or at least he was in January 2015). No other biographical info available though without contacting him.

I'll leave it to the team to decide whether to pursue this one any further... Embarrassed

Edited by yam yam - January 07 2016 at 09:39
MattKonigMusic View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 18 2016 at 10:06
Just found this thread after Google-searching my name and I have to say, I'm kinda honoured to hear that someone's considered my own music worthy for inclusion in the 'Archives! Even if I am, like yam yam said, pretty much a nobody in the wider prog world.

Also a quick correction, 2015's Esquada was an EP rather than a full length album - my first full album was the self-titled Matt Konig album from March of this year. (And I've got another full-length coming out very soon too...)
 Post Reply Post Reply