Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog News, Press Releases
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - New Kansas album in 2016 - band signs to InsideOut
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedNew Kansas album in 2016 - band signs to InsideOut

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Topic: New Kansas album in 2016 - band signs to InsideOut
    Posted: September 20 2015 at 16:36

KANSAS signs worldwide recording deal with InsideOutMusic

September 1st, 2015

InsideOut Music is extremely pleased to announce the worldwide signing of legendary US rock group KANSAS for the release of their forthcoming 15th studio album. KANSAS needs no introduction, having sold over 30 million records in their career, as well as achieving 8 gold albums, three sextuple-platinum albums (Leftoverture, Point Of Know Return, The Best Of Kansas), a platinum live album (Two for the Show) and a million-selling gold single (“Dust In The Wind”). 

Drummer and founding member Phil Ehart had this to say about the signing: 

“In speaking for all the members of KANSAS, we could not be more enthused about signing with InsideOut. They are the greatest Prog music label on the planet and we are very proud to be a part of their stable of artists. It’s our first album of new music in 15 years and we are very happy to be working with the great team at InsideOut.”

InsideOutMusic label-head Thomas Waber adds: 
"We are extremely excited about signing KANSAS, the biggest and most important Prog band to come out of the US! I grew up listening to them and their music is a part of my DNA. Everyone on the team is working hard in making the next studio album count 150% and for it to become an important part in the legacy of this great band. We are very proud to become a part of the journey!"

KANSAS is currently comprised of original drummer Phil Ehart, bassist/vocalist Billy Greer, keyboardist David Manion, lead singer/keyboardist Ronnie Platt, violinist/guitarist David Ragsdale, and original guitarist Richard Williams. They are currently in the midst of an extensive US tour. 

KANSAS continues to remain a fixture of Classic Rock radio and has reached a whole new audience through their unmistakable presence on popular video games Rock Band and Guitar Hero, and through their songs inclusion in various television shows such as ‘Supernatural,’  ‘South Park,’ and the films ‘Old School,’ and ‘Anchorman.’

aglasshouse View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 20 2015 at 16:53
Fantastic news. I heard on their Facebook they're coming to Verona next month so I may attend.
http://fryingpanmedia.com
davemuttillo View Drop Down
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 20 2015 at 21:50
Their show in Vancouver, WA was excellent. Worth seeing. The new vocalist sounds very much like Steve Walsh and the fact that he is not stuck behind the keyboards leaves him free to engage the audience.
Enchant X View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 05 2015 at 01:46
I love Kansas and always will but I`m very concerned without their two main song writers this might turn out a turkey Confused But it might be fantastic and surprise us all, the talent is there.

Edited by Enchant X - October 07 2015 at 05:36
Cesar Inca View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 05 2015 at 11:51
If they bring 2-3 Livgren compositions, perhaps an old unused Walsh composition (how about Love is a dream with a different interlude?), and the rest becomes a combination of Seventh Key and retro-prog a-la Karmacanic or Spock's Beard, well, that's OK by me. 

In fact, I hear Kansas influences in many retro-symphonic prog bands from the 90's onwards from both sides of The Atlantic Ocean. 

P.S.: No problem with Not Man Big from me, no problem with any of the beautiful Walsh compositions that were part of the ANTS album. They, in fact, should have been played live often. 
davemuttillo View Drop Down
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 06 2015 at 01:33
Let's wait and see what the two new guys bring. Walsh was the big roadblock towards doing anything new, as I understood it. Now that he has moved on the band seems invigorated, so I am hopeful.
JIF8882 View Drop Down
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 27 2016 at 20:36
http://bigpicturemediaonline.com/kansas-announces-first-new-album-sixteen-years/ This is the info about the new album.
J Dawg
Matte View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 02 2016 at 08:18
http://kansas.mobiworld.me/marketing/tpi-message?mid=49&rid=1171638

My first reaction was "wow the singing is pretty damn good!"

Somewhere To Elsewhere was a very good album, but it lacked a good voice. Walsh tried his best but hearing him was like a rollercoaster ride with very deep downs!

So the singer was the good news. But there is another problem: Instrumental passages seems to rely on heavy riffs and thick production instead of the tasteful arrangements that was on their classical albums. I really miss the great dynamics in their sound from the haydays.

Anyway - this is something to look forward to still!!

Edited by Matte - July 02 2016 at 08:21
JIF8882 View Drop Down
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 12 2016 at 23:48
https://soundcloud.com/officialinsideoutmusic/kansas-with-this-heart-exclusive-fan-preview/s-LxqaB Check out this new Kansas song.
J Dawg
 Post Reply Post Reply