Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Music Lounge
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedPope to release prog album!!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 04 2015 at 09:22
Originally posted by Atavachron Atavachron wrote:

It's kinda funny because the "meeting" evidently was nothing more than a brief hello among a room full of other brief hellos.  That was it.  No arrangement, no informing the Pope about this 'brave soul fighting for her religious rights'.  Mostly hype.  But now as always, the real scandal is the aftermath.

Well, of course her attorney was going to play it up for all it was worth, and as much more as he could tack on. Reading this, the whole thing now makes sense.
emigre80 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 04 2015 at 09:24
Originally posted by Kati Kati wrote:

Originally posted by emigre80 emigre80 wrote:

http://usuncut.com/news/pope-francis-expected-to-fire-archbishop-who-set-up-the-meeting-with-kim-davis/

Have you guys been reading about the backlash?  How credible do you think this is?
Emigre,
I think the Pope would be right to fire the Archbishop for surprising him with that unplanned meeting. 
Kim Davis refusal to issue same sex licenses makes me think that she is an ignorant woman with total lack of empathy towards others, she is an embarrassment and her stance against gay marriage due to her "religious beliefs" are one-sided. I wonder if she has issued marriage licenses to divorcees? 
The news also said today that a gay priest has been fired from the Vatican. I see nothing wrong with this because gay or not, Catholic priests swear to celibacy.   

Hug
Kati, not only has she issued marriage licenses to divorcees, she has been divorced three times herself. So much for not casting the first stone.

I did see the news about the gay priest being fired, and that's exactly what I thought.  I would imagine that a straight priest who posed for a photo with his girlfriend would get the same treatment.
micky View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 04 2015 at 14:09
Originally posted by Atavachron Atavachron wrote:

It's kinda funny because the "meeting" evidently was nothing more than a brief hello among a room full of other brief hellos.  That was it.  No arrangement, no informing the Pope about this 'brave soul fighting for her religious rights'.  Mostly hype.  But now as always, the real scandal is the aftermath.

I had a feeling it could have been something like that... first thing that entered my mind when I heard about this was..

what the HELL was he thinking to meet the living political embodiment of the black death herself for any public figure not sh*t house crazy or pandering to those that ARE such..

it just didn't compute.. which with my history of disappointment and outright anger at the church.. didn't leave much room for giving him the benefit of the doubt. As Steve noted upstream..  he is the Pope and Catholic.. and we know what the church's stand is on this.
The Pedro and Micky Experience - When one no longer requires psychotropics to trip
progbethyname View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 04 2015 at 18:52
You know what, I heard about this a couple of weeks ago and I thought the person that told it to me was just trying to yank my leg off.
I cannot believe this is totally serious.
I'm so intrigued.

I think the opening track should be called 'Razinga'.

Gimmie my headphones now!!! 🎧🤣
ocirlleh View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 22 2015 at 11:04
I think this is a pretty good way to send a message.The style is good.Perfect.Even death metal would be better...This is funny though....but cool
uduwudu View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 23 2015 at 00:23
The Pope's going to cover The What God Wants suite. Apparently there may be backward masking Satanic Verses on it.

"Would you like to see the pop on the end of a rope? Do you think he's a fool?" by Earth, er, Sabbath as they are more recently known. was a number suggested by his band the Gods but he's opted for a cover of Tubular Bells instead.

Glenn Hughes will probabaly be on bass and all going well The Pope should be joining Yes sometime in the future.
SteveG View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 23 2015 at 16:48

^Pope Frank never did vocals for Yes?

This message was brought to you by a proud supporter of the Deep State.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678