Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Music Lounge
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedThank you

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
presdoug View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 07 2015 at 16:53
Thanks to everybody who makes PA what it is, I continually enjoy this place.Thumbs Up
Man With Hat View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Jazz-Rock/Fusion/Canterbury Team

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 07 2015 at 22:16
Thumbs Up
Dig me...But don't...Bury me
I'm running still, I shall until, one day, I hope that I'll arrive
Warning: Listening to jazz excessively can cause a laxative effect.
BrufordFreak View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 08 2015 at 20:34
I wanna be Dutch! (Isn't that the country with the most prog groups per capita in the world?)
Drew Fisher
https://progisaliveandwell.blogspot.com/
cstack3 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 09 2015 at 00:08
Originally posted by presdoug presdoug wrote:

Thanks to everybody who makes PA what it is, I continually enjoy this place.Thumbs Up

Doug, thanks to you for being you!!  Your love and devotion of all things Triumvirate is most admirable!!  

I also dig this place a great deal!  It is a fantastic site to learn about new music, and also pick up on a lot of details of the classics.  

presdoug View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 09 2015 at 07:29
Originally posted by cstack3 cstack3 wrote:

Doug, thanks to you for being you!!  Your love and devotion of all things Triumvirate is most admirable!!  

I also dig this place a great deal!  It is a fantastic site to learn about new music, and also pick up on a lot of details of the classics.  

Thanks very much, Chuck. 
emigre80 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 09 2015 at 08:29
Originally posted by BrufordFreak BrufordFreak wrote:

I wanna be Dutch! (Isn't that the country with the most prog groups per capita in the world?)

Being dutch for 12 years was great fun. I still get homesick every spring when I know the tulips are blooming.
Olape View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 09 2015 at 09:12
Originally posted by cstack3 cstack3 wrote:

Agreed! Clap
Blacksword View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 09 2015 at 11:00
I agree with the OP. This is an excellent forum and certainly the most friendly forum I've been on. Thanks to all those who run it, collaborate and all the forumers who contribute to and generate the discussions.
Ultimately bored by endless ecstasy!
Cosmiclawnmower View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 09 2015 at 16:54
I Heartily agree with all these positive sentiments.. and yes i know that some people instinctively want to vomit or spout obsenities when they are confronted with such 'positivity'.. fine, whatever.. but its really refreshing to just hear when any individual is learning and getting inspiration and enjoyment from the forum. Long may it continue!Clap

presdoug View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 09 2015 at 16:56
Originally posted by emigre80 emigre80 wrote:

Originally posted by BrufordFreak BrufordFreak wrote:

Being dutch for 12 years was great fun. I still get homesick every spring when I know the tulips are blooming.
Another thing about the Dutch I love as well as all the great prog bands, are the world-renowned orchestral conductors, like Willem Mengelberg, Eduard van Beinum, Paul van Kempen, etc.
TODDLER View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 10 2015 at 06:40
Originally posted by DDPascalDD DDPascalDD wrote:

I want to thank you all, for paricipating in this forum. PA is really the best forum I can dream of. The discussion here is so so good, rational and educative. Pa is exactly what I was looking for. Although I notice that I'm often under your level, I can learn so much from you about so many things (other than prog). I feel that I needed this, with all the corrections you gave when I was wrong and leading me to the greatest albums to take inspiration from.
So please keep saying I'm stupid if I am.

So just so many thanks to all of you guys!

And would any of those inspirations evolve from a band called YES? If so.....you wouldn't be under anyone's level. Lol! These albums you take inspiration from.....are they albums recommended to you based off what is considered great by a confused group of people? Are these magic albums or are they leftovers from the late 70's? Here we have P.A......a website designed for appreciation of Prog and who on earth would think it's members would say that King Crimson are not good. They'll stand in front of me and tell me how they saw GOD instead of the 5 members of YES. They will write a book on a stupid guitar intro played by Steve Howe and discuss the details of YES' music like a Catholic priest reviews a chapter out of the bible or a Baptist preacher bleeds my ear about the apocalypse of John. That seems kind of silly and annoying. That doesn't seem like a very intelligent or even interesting aspect to discuss about Prog on a Prog website. Apparently in the 70's a bit too many freaks took LSD , went to see YES, and saw GOD. RELAYER became GOD. GOD became RELAYER. What if you found out one day that GOD didn't exist? Would RELAYER still be a visionary for a  place like Heaven? Would Heaven then be a lie and would the RELAYER album be a letdown for you? Would Al Dimeola play guitar in Heaven too or would it just be Steve Howe? Are these magic band members picked by GOD to form another Jonestown? Is King Crimson blasphemy? Or do they just suck? Can they get into heaven? Can anybody? How about with the aid of LSD at a YES concert? Can they get into heaven that way? Oh, no I didn't think so. Since when do we bring religion into Prog where upon a track record of it's force has always been based on power and money...and obviously the results of the desire for power and money never mattered because there was war. Why not just enjoy the music? If more people would stop separating King Crimson from YES more people would accept the music for what it really is..as opposed to re-examining the difference between the forces of good and the forces of darkness. This is one major problem existing for decades and that sick, demented, repulsive attitude has been in fact re-born and perpetuated on Progarchives for years. It's not music in that case...as it becomes something else. The invisible hand reaching out of the sky to cure everyone's stupid week to week problems. Or? even the pathetic ones like..."My Mom and Dad lied to me about Santa Claus and now I'm pissed off at the world".  
Raff View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 10 2015 at 06:54
Someone got up on the wrong side of the bed this morningConfused... This is a sweet, positive thread - something increasingly rare on the Internet - and I don't see the point in ruining it with rants that have nothing to do with it.
mathman0806 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 10 2015 at 08:30
I thought maybe someone was having fun with Svetonio's earlier comment:

"Some people wanted to turn this forum into the Inquisition-like council, but it remained only their wet dream!"

Edited by mathman0806 - October 10 2015 at 08:31
Slartibartfast View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator / In Memoriam

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 10 2015 at 08:37
I would like to say thank you to all who wished me well when I mentioned I was unemployed.  Went back to work on October 1st. Big smile  I would also like to thank Johannes of Perfect Beings for letting me try their new album in advance when I wasn't able to afford to afford to buy any new music (things are still tight, but hey).  And thanks as well for sending me an autographed copy.  Especially cool since I don't know when they might make it to the Atlanta area and I'm not likely to make it to their area anytime soon.  I'd also like to thank Pandora Snail for giving me the same opportunity after I posted the Perfect Beings review.  Thanks to presdoug for being a good friend and all the other good friends I have made here over the years. 

I am coming up on 10 years a member next year, wow.

And of course finally thanks to Ronald and Maxime for founding the site and all of those who support the site.  My collection would be a lot thinner without all the exposure to artists I would not have discovered on my own.

Released date are often when it it impacted you but recorded dates are when it really happened...

AZF View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 10 2015 at 08:40
I don't feel I can discuss much, but I like posting in here and choose threads carefully.
Thanks for the running of this site and long may it continue! Star
presdoug View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 10 2015 at 08:56
^ Hey, thanks, Brian, it is great to have you as a  friend here as well.
octopus-4 View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
RIO/Avant/Zeuhl,Neo & Post/Math Teams

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 10 2015 at 09:15
Toddler reminded me of how I've been at a Yes concert in 1984
Curiosity killed a cat, Schroedinger only half.
My poor home recorded stuff at https://yellingxoanon.bandcamp.com
Dean View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Retired Admin and Amateur Layabout

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 10 2015 at 13:38
Originally posted by Slartibartfast Slartibartfast wrote:

Went back to work on October 1st. Big smile 
ClapClapClap Good luck with the new job Brian. Thumbs Up
What?
emigre80 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 10 2015 at 13:41
Originally posted by Dean Dean wrote:

Originally posted by Slartibartfast Slartibartfast wrote:

Went back to work on October 1st. Big smile 
ClapClapClap Good luck with the new job Brian. Thumbs Up

Very glad to hear that you're back in work.  Hope it goes very well.

Raff View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 10 2015 at 13:46
All the best to you, BrianHug!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>