Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Blogs
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Pascal's Prog Journey

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 8910
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DDPascalDD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 30 2017 at 06:01
Originally posted by ALotOfBottle ALotOfBottle wrote:

Originally posted by DDPascalDD DDPascalDD wrote:

My new album is just released! I'm satisfied with the result and would be very keen on your reactions: https://pascalvandendool.bandcamp.com/album/fedus

Really like it! Great album. Very calm, evem on more agressive parts, but by not boring. And your compositions are very intricate. At times, it even sounds improvised (maybe because of the "time shifting"?), but the way it holds together suggests otherwise. Very Gentle Giant-y, especially on the quiet passages. My favorite tracks are Libore and Rest IVever, but Dalemont is also a very good experiment. Congratulations, Pascal, you should be proud! Clap

Thank you so much! The balance and mix of calmness and agression are indeed part of the concept. It's really good to hear that you like it so much, I am proud Big smileWink
Some parts are indeed improvised with a rough idea (and listening to what you have already recorded endlessly for inspiration) to then build upon with other instruments. The most is though composed beforehand (Fedus is for example almost note-for-note), except the "Tension" and "Rest" pieces, these are completely improvised, with only a certain chord or serie of a couple of notes and then... Just let the emotion and intuition take over actually...
DDPascalDD View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DDPascalDD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 09 2017 at 08:49
A new great album from 2017 to add: Nova Collective - The Further Side. Very complex jazz-metal fusion where every note is thought out. A lot of interesting rhythms, music to keep listening to with all concentration. But just yhat may be exactly the downside... A little too extreme. It is very good to hear the development of motifs in the tracks (I particularly like the way they did that in Dancing Machines), but all the effort put in those things makes it lacl other things. I do miss some melody, personally I prefer melody-orientated to rhythmic-orientated. The only song which has a clear story to tell is The Further Side. By far my favourite. All in all I'll give it an 8.5.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 8910
  Share Topic