Topic ClosedDream Theater New Album + Tour

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 06 2015 at 14:30
Originally posted by Catcher10 Catcher10 wrote:

http://www.dreamtheater.net/theastonishing#char4_LB

So when does Frodo, Sam and Gandalf come into the picture?? LOL The bottom two right pics looks like background from Rush~CA album

Nice.  I was thinking Dream Theater presents "World of Warcraft", or "Dream Theater and the Holy Grail".

I love me some DT, but I really don't know what to make of this one.

I guess time will tell whether they are riding a horse, or simply banging coconuts together.
Dellinger View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 06 2015 at 21:32
Are coconuts really that bad?
progbethyname View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 07 2015 at 11:05
I find that the latest concept undertaking by DT (The Astonishing) sounds like a Game Of Thrones theme that is thrown into the mix here. I kind of like it. I chose both NOMACS and Ravenskull paths to get the dialog and perspective from the storylines point of view.
I'm leaning towards Ravenskull. I like the whole rebel militia thing going on their. Kind of like a Nightswatch theme there.

Anyway, overall I think this is the right time for DT to put out a huge and epic double concept album.
It's very possible this album could be on par with 6 degrees...boy wouldn't that be something!

I have faith they will rock it!! When they come to North America (Canada) I will for sure by a ticket to see them just as I did for Iron maiden for APRIL 3rd, 2016. :)
Dream theater have taken a bit more time to release an album and that is a good sign to me.
A marination of ideas is happening! Very excited.
Of course I will buy this album once it comes out. :)
Gimmie my headphones now!!! 🎧🤣
Catcher10 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 07 2015 at 11:29
I too am hoping this album is killer, I think it needs to be for some of us older fans that are really struggling with the last two albums. DT12 was good, ADTOE was rushed and it shows...I still play them as some of the music is good...but I do admit I miss Portnoy behind the kit, I just feel he is a better musician and his playing flows better than Mangini.
This has been proven to me several times since he left DT as I have seen him 2x with Neal Morse and once with Transatlantic.

I am fine with this Game of Thrones, WoWC scenario, not that I get much of it as I don't/never have played or been into that stuff. Although Lord of the Rings is more my liking....

It will be tough in my mind for them to top Scenes From A Memory as a concept album....Right now I do see this setting up similar to Clockwork Angels type concept, which is not a bad thing.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12