FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedKrautrock Rarities Articles

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Krautrock Rarities Articles
    Posted: November 30 2015 at 08:12
An article I wrote on Krautrock rarities, not particularly comprehensive, there's a ton of stuff i missed.

http://figure8magazine.co.uk/default/holy-grails-10-krautrock-collectables-on-vinyl/
Meltdowner View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 30 2015 at 08:26
Very interesting article, thanks for sharing Thumbs Up Mammut is the only one I never heard from the list. Maybe you can write a sequel with other precious Krautrock albums Smile

Edited by Meltdowner - November 30 2015 at 08:27
GKR View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 30 2015 at 08:28
Nice! Thumbs Up
- From each according to his ability, to each according to his need.
moshkito View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 01 2015 at 16:34
Hi,

Fun list ... but I would never buy the LP's anymore. It's too late for that now. Mamut is the only one I am not sure I have heard. Will be looking for it but the others I have all the CD's and the LP's are long gone. Too heavy for this old man! And I don't mean that kinda heavy ... I mean weight! Clown
Music is not just for listening ... it is for LIVING ... you got to feel it to know what's it about! Not being told!
www.pedrosena.com
BaldJean View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 01 2015 at 22:39
Originally posted by matty3198 matty3198 wrote:

An article I wrote on Krautrock rarities, not particularly comprehensive, there's a ton of stuff i missed.

http://figure8magazine.co.uk/default/holy-grails-10-krautrock-collectables-on-vinyl/

we have all of these rarities with the exception of the Mammut album. Friede's elder brother had a huge Krautrock collection which he gave to her when he started listening to jazz and classical music only

A shot of me as High Priestess of Gaia during our fall festival. Ceterum censeo principiis obsta
Svetonio View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 02 2015 at 06:27
Quote (...) The music was dubbed krautrock by the British press, as a way of pigeon-holing the German rock music that was divorcing itself from British and American influences.
Clap

Mellotron Storm View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 03 2015 at 17:17
Originally posted by Svetonio Svetonio wrote:

Quote (...) The music was dubbed krautrock by the British press, as a way of pigeon-holing the German rock music that was divorcing itself from British and American influences.
Clap

I think Pink Floyd had a huge influence on Krautrock's beginnings.
"The wind is slowly tearing her apart"

"Sad Rain" ANEKDOTEN
Svetonio View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 03 2015 at 18:03
Originally posted by Mellotron Storm Mellotron Storm wrote:

Clap

No doubt that Krautrock was influenced by 60s psychedelia movement in general, but Krautrock were also influenced by The Velvet Underground's unique music, and Karlheinz Stockhausen, and minimalism which actually divorced Krautrock from the influences by the 60s English & American psychedelia.

Edited by Svetonio - December 03 2015 at 18:19
moshkito View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 05 2015 at 13:09
Originally posted by Mellotron Storm Mellotron Storm wrote:

Clap

I think it was specified as "western music influences" ... which to me means the song oriented ideas and concepts.

Sadly, they all ended up in songs, except Klaus Schulze.
Music is not just for listening ... it is for LIVING ... you got to feel it to know what's it about! Not being told!
www.pedrosena.com
moshkito View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 05 2015 at 13:15

No doubt that Krautrock was influenced by 60s psychedelia movement in general, but Krautrock were also influenced by The Velvet Underground's unique music, and Karlheinz Stockhausen, and minimalism which actually divorced Krautrock from the influences by the 60s English & American psychedelia.

I think these were concurrent, and not quite a copy of one another or one influenced the other. Europe has had the benefit of a much larger music history and appreciation and trying to create something new is much more a possibility over there, than it is in America, that is still a controlled music environment, that still has very little appreciation for a lot of different music.  (... well, maybe not enough I should say!)

But the "attitudes" that a lot of that rock music, and blues and jazz, brought forth, was something that music history needed, and be it in electronic works or not, it was tried and experimented with, the sad side of things being that in America, record companies would not release the improvisations ... goodness folks ... c'mon, the Grateful Dead had more of these than all the other bands put together, and are we going to assume it was all bad, because we haven't heard any of it? Thus, it's hard to say that AD2 or Can's improv's  were better or worse ... I think the time frame helped these come alive.

Edited by moshkito - December 05 2015 at 13:16
www.pedrosena.com
 Post Reply Post Reply