Forum Home Forum Home > Other music related lounges > Get The Word Out
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Greg Lake & Geoff Downes Album “Ride The Tiger”
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedGreg Lake & Geoff Downes Album “Ride The Tiger”

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Greg Lake & Geoff Downes Album “Ride The Tiger”
    Posted: November 30 2015 at 09:38
For Immediate Release

Unreleased Greg Lake & Geoff Downes Album “Ride The Tiger” Released - OUT NOW!

London, UK- Much to the excitement of music aficionados worldwide, an unreleased album by legendary GREG LAKE & GEOFF DOWNES titled “RIDE THE TIGER” has finally seen the light of day! Greg Lake is the co-founder of KING CRIMSON and EMERSON LAKE AND PALMER (ELP), and wrote the hit “LUCKY MAN” and co-wrote “I BELIEVE IN FATHER CHRISTMAS”. Geoff Downes is the keyboardist in THE BUGGLES, ASIA and YES, and co-wrote the hits “VIDEO KILLED THE RADIO STAR” and “HEAT OF THE MOMENT”.

“Ride the Tiger” contains six songs which the duo wrote together - one went on to became an ASIA song and two became ELP songs. Four of these tracks had been released on compilations before, but this is the FIRST TIME they have been collected together with TWO PREVIOUSLY UNRELEASED tracks PLUS one alternate mix.

“To be honest I thought that these recordings had simply disappeared off the radar until one of my management team, Daniel Earnshaw, reminded me of their existence. My initial reaction was not entirely positive as I generally view many of these re-releases to be a bit tiresome, however, upon hearing these recordings again I immediately identified their value, both in terms of song writing and of musicianship and production. Geoff, of course, is a masterful musician with an instinctive ability to maximise the potential of any song both as a player and as an arranger. His contribution to these recordings is clear for all to see and for me it was a real pleasure to reflect upon our friendship together both personally and as musicians.” - Greg Lake

“One of the privileges of my career has been the opportunity to embrace a number of bespoke projects with some of the world’s greatest musicians. Greg Lake, of course was at the forefront of the progressive revolution, lead vocalist and bassist with both King Crimson and ELP, bands which literally changed the world, pushing boundaries of excellence and creativity, creating a brand new musical genre from London which would soon captivate the planet. This collection of songs represents a particularly creative period in my life.  I’m delighted that Greg and I have rekindled our friendship, and worked together again in order to share this collection with you.” – Geoff Downes

Track Listing:

1. MONEY TALKS
2. LOVE UNDER FIRE
3. AFFAIRS OF THE HEART
4. STREET WARS
5. CHECK IT OUT
6. BLUE LIGHT
7. LOVE UNDER FIRE (ALTERNATE MIX)

To order:
Amazon Digital: http://geni.us/34nB

Greg Lake's official website: www.greglake.com ;

Geoff Downes official website: www.geoffdownes.com ;