Forum Home Forum Home > Site News, Newbies, Help and Improvements > Report abuse here
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedDuplicate thread creation

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Duplicate thread creation
    Posted: November 30 2015 at 22:19
I would like to report the abuse of duplicate thread topics from PA member, Ray Ro.

The first thread was introduced by Ray Ro; "Does Jesus mean something to you?" The second thread was made shortly thereafter by the very same PA member; "What would the world be like without Jesus." While there may be a small rhetorical difference in the titles, the opening post of the second makes it clear that the opening poster wants to continue the subject of the former post. This is not an accident as commonly happens (I have one such accident myself). It is entirely intentional by admission.

This is the second such case of intentional thread duplication from this PA member. The prior case was with the PA member's first introduction, opening a thread titled "Are Gays and Lesbians welcome in PA." Two days later the same PA member created a thread titled, "Would a Gay man feel comfortable in PA."

I will refrain from discussing the tone and content of each of these threads except in as far as to say that the OP has been very confrontational and insulting in each. I know longer post in threads opened by this poster, as I view that his purpose here is to troll.
Atavachron View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 30 2015 at 22:58
Noted.  Believe me.

"Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought."   -- John F. Kennedy
Sean Trane View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Prog Folk

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 01 2015 at 02:36
we're all plainly aware of this near-abuse situation.
timothy leary View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 01 2015 at 10:43
^ Which Sean Trane are you?
GKR View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 01 2015 at 10:53
My Brazilian Poll! Why not...? are two different ones, ok? I just forgot to put the "2" in the second one. Sorry Confused
- From each according to his ability, to each according to his need.
Cristi View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Crossover / Prog Metal Teams

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 01 2015 at 10:55
Originally posted by GKR GKR wrote:

My Brazilian Poll! Why not...? are two different ones, ok? I just forgot to put the "2" in the second one. Sorry Confused

you can edit it, just add the number, it should work, try editing your first post.
GKR View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 01 2015 at 10:59
Originally posted by Cristi Cristi wrote:

Originally posted by GKR GKR wrote:

you can edit it, just add the number, it should work, try editing your first post.

I'am feling so dumb, right now! THANKS! LOL
- From each according to his ability, to each according to his need.
RayRo View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 01 2015 at 14:26
Originally posted by HackettFan HackettFan wrote:

I would like to report the abuse of duplicate thread topics from PA member, Ray Ro.

The first thread was introduced by Ray Ro; "Does Jesus mean something to you?" The second thread was made shortly thereafter by the very same PA member; "What would the world be like without Jesus." While there may be a small rhetorical difference in the titles, the opening post of the second makes it clear that the opening poster wants to continue the subject of the former post. This is not an accident as commonly happens (I have one such accident myself). It is entirely intentional by admission.

This is the second such case of intentional thread duplication from this PA member. The prior case was with the PA member's first introduction, opening a thread titled "Are Gays and Lesbians welcome in PA." Two days later the same PA member created a thread titled, "Would a Gay man feel comfortable in PA."

I will refrain from discussing the tone and content of each of these threads except in as far as to say that the OP has been very confrontational and insulting in each. I know longer post in threads opened by this poster, as I view that his purpose here is to troll.

I did not post a duplicate thread as "What Would the World be like had Jesus Never Existed?" is completely different in context to the my previous thread entitled "Does Jesus Mean Something to You?"

I can quickly explain the difference between the two as first one has a philosophical basis while the second is a merely whimsical  "what if" scenario similar to a post I examined titled "What If Britain Had Won the War?" which was posted last year, I believe.

I, for the record, view Mr. Christ with no more awe than I view the Superman comic book character, but if I have not been sensitive to the feelings of followers of Jesus in my  original posts, please point out these short comings to me so that I may apologize to any believers of Jesus who  may have felt maligned by any of my statements regarding their belief in Jesus, and more importantly, their right to believe in Jesus. 
lazland View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 01 2015 at 15:09
Originally posted by RayRo RayRo wrote:

<font face="Times New Roman" size="3">

<p ="Msonormal" style="margin: 0in 0in 0pt; line-height: normal;"><span style='color: black; font-family: "Tahoma","sans-serif"; font-size: 10pt; mso-fareast-font-family: "Times New Roman";'>I did not post a
duplicate thread as "What Would the World be like had Jesus Never
Existed?" is completely different in context to the my
previous thread entitled "Does Jesus Mean Something to
You?"<o:p></o:p></span>

<p ="Msonormal" style="margin: 0in 0in 0pt; line-height: normal;"><span style='color: black; font-family: "Tahoma","sans-serif"; font-size: 10pt; mso-fareast-font-family: "Times New Roman";'>I can quickly
explain the difference between the two as first one has a philosophical basis
while the second is a merely whimsical  "what if"
scenario similar to a post I examined titled "What If Britain Had Won
the War?" which was posted last year, I believe.<o:p></o:p></span>

<span style='color: black; line-height: 115%; font-family: "Tahoma","sans-serif"; font-size: 10pt; mso-fareast-font-family: "Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-: EN-US; mso-fareast-: EN-US; mso-bidi-: AR-SA;'>I, for the record, view Mr.
Christ with no more awe than I view the Superman comic book character, but if I
have not been sensitive to the feelings of followers of Jesus in my 
original posts, please point out these short comings to me so that I may apologize
to any believers of Jesus who  may have felt maligned by any of my statements regarding their belief in Jesus, and more importantly, their right to believe in Jesus. </span>

The only way I feel "maligned" is that I find you an utter pain in the arse, dear chap, and look forward to the day you are no longer a member here.

I do not want your apologies.

I want you out of the forum I contribute to, and love.

Kindly f**k off from whence you came. Okay? And take your bloody ridiculous and trolling Superman analogies with you.
Enhance your life. Get down to www.lazland.org
RayRo View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 01 2015 at 15:14
Originally posted by lazland lazland wrote:

<p ="Msonormal" style="margin: 0in 0in 0pt; line-height: normal;"><span style='color: black; font-family: "Tahoma","sans-serif"; font-size: 10pt; mso-fareast-font-family: "Times New Roman";'>I did not post a

<p ="Msonormal" style="margin: 0in 0in 0pt; line-height: normal;"><span style='color: black; font-family: "Tahoma","sans-serif"; font-size: 10pt; mso-fareast-font-family: "Times New Roman";'>I can quickly

<span style='color: black; line-height: 115%; font-family: "Tahoma","sans-serif"; font-size: 10pt; mso-fareast-font-family: "Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-: EN-US; mso-fareast-: EN-US; mso-bidi-: AR-SA;'>I, for the record, view Mr.
original posts, please point out these short comings to me so that I may apologize
to any believers of Jesus who  may have felt maligned by any of my statements regarding their belief in Jesus, and more importantly, their right to believe in Jesus. </span>

The only way I feel "maligned" is that I find you an utter pain in the arse, dear chap, and look forward to the day you are no longer a member here.

Kindly f**k off from whence you came. Okay? And take your bloody ridiculous and trolling Superman analogies with you.
Gottcha! And thanks for your lucid representation of the forum so dearly love! I could not have paid someone to show such bias. You, Mr. Lazland have made my day!
lazland View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 01 2015 at 15:31

Originally posted by lazland lazland wrote:

Gottcha! And thanks for your lucid representation of the forum so dearly love! I could not have paid someone to show such bias. You, Mr. Lazland have made my day!

Idiot.......
Enhance your life. Get down to www.lazland.org
DDPascalDD View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 01 2015 at 15:42

TIP: Never talk like that to a respected forum user. And never never not ever fever if you were the one who misbehaved and everyone agrees to that. ("You know you just can't win" - PF)
Andy Webb View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Retired Admin

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 01 2015 at 18:02
The situation has been dealt with, thank you.
 Post Reply Post Reply