Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Bands, Artists and Genres Appreciation
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The Renaissance Zone

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 262728
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SteveG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 18 2018 at 10:40
Speaking of McCarty, here's a few one off curios from his short lived band called Shoot:

Head Under Water/Sepia Sister got air play in some US mid western states. On The Frontier is his version of the Renaissance song that he penned with Betty Thatcher.

Edited by SteveG - August 18 2018 at 10:48
"Madonna and Lady Gaga are prog, Parliament/Funkadelic are more prog than the Beatles ever were.....Wrap your closed mind around that." said the joker to the thief.
kenethlevine View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Prog-Folk Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kenethlevine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 hours 42 minutes ago at 19:29
dup post see below

Edited by kenethlevine - 13 hours 38 minutes ago at 19:33
kenethlevine View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Prog-Folk Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kenethlevine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 hours 40 minutes ago at 19:31
Originally posted by kenethlevine kenethlevine wrote:

^ that album is decent, but I think this song is my favorite, though this is a pretty poor recording.  I certainly don't remember ever hearing ANYTHING by Shoot on the radio, but it might have happened at the time, which was a few years before I started to listen to FM rock.  I do like Head Under Water/Sepia Sister a lot too.  For me, the Mach 2 version of "On the Frontier" is superb, and I find the song underrated among fans

Edited by kenethlevine - 13 hours 40 minutes ago at 19:31
SteveG View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SteveG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 5 hours 1 minutes ago at 04:10
^ And the album was recorded at Abbey Road, so go figure! Yeah, this a good album but what really impresses me is McCarty's output overall. With so many one offs and different group projects.  Amazing! Btw, I was going by the liner notes in regard to the song getting some airplay. Damned if I can remember any of it!

Edited by SteveG - 4 hours 59 minutes ago at 04:12
"Madonna and Lady Gaga are prog, Parliament/Funkadelic are more prog than the Beatles ever were.....Wrap your closed mind around that." said the joker to the thief.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 262728
  Share Topic