Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Suggest New Bands and Artists
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedRebsie Fairholm (UK) for Prog Folk

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Rebsie Fairholm (UK) for Prog Folk
    Posted: December 18 2015 at 23:39
Rebsie Fairholm is a singer-songwriter and multi-instrumentalist from the south west of England. Fairholm's full bio you will find here. With additional musicians, she released two cds: "Mid The Gap" (2007) and "Seven Star Green" (2009). i suggested Rebsie Fairholm to PA' Prog Folk section due to her haunting and soaring vocals, great instrumentation, amazing and pleasant atmosphere, and progressive complexity - especially on her second cd which is quite a masterpiece of prog-folk.

Edited by Komandant Shamal - December 18 2015 at 23:56
yam yam View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 15 2016 at 17:26
Rebsie and her partner in Alchymical Muse, Daniel Staniforth, are often guest presenters on The Epileptic Gibbon podcast music show, which is well worth following for a regular dose of a wide range of non-mainstream music.

Yeah - if I was a member of the Prog Folk team I'd vote 'yes' for this suggestion...but I'm not...and in any case I know sod all about Prog Folk, so I'm gonna disappear up my own arse pronto before someone on here kicks the Hell out of it! LOL

With this post, all of the missed suggestions over the six months that I was away have now had a reply (edit: except this one, which Thanos will deal with), and some have even been moved forward for evaluation! Shocked I guess, therefore, it wasn't entirely a wasted exercise!

But I can't make this a regular thing, and do it effectively, because I can't access the team threads in the collab zone. I'm not someone who writes reviews, and I'm not sufficiently knowledgeable in the various sub genres to ever make the grade as a collaborator, so - for now at least - its 'au revoir' again.

I really think that someone of appropriate status needs to be appointed to keep an eye on this part of the forum - far too many suggestions are simply being lost without a reply as things are at the moment.

Ciao!  

Edited by yam yam - January 15 2016 at 17:32
Komandant Shamal View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 16 2016 at 09:47
Yam Yam - the friend of suggesters! Beer
Raff View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 16 2016 at 10:37
Ian, Rebsie's husband, is one of my FB friends, and one of the nicest people in my list. It would be great to see his wife added to the DB. In any case, I'll gladly check out the album, as it sounds right up my alley.

Appointing someone to monitor this section of the site would work only if the person (or people) appointed are not scared away from this not inconsiderable duty by an unchecked flood of suggestions. Unfortunately, people have lives outside PA, and those who suggest bands or solo artists can often get pushy or downright rude if their suggestions are not immediately picked up. This is why all previous site monitors ended up quitting after a while.

Nogbad_The_Bad View Drop Down
Forum & Site Admin Group
Forum & Site Admin Group
RIO/Avant/Zeuhl & Eclectic Team

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 16 2016 at 11:28
Very nice album, more ethereal darkwave folk than anything else. Not sure I hear much prog in it I'm certainly not an expert. I may well buy this, its a nice album.
Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on Progrock.com

https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-avant-jazzcore-happy-hour/
ClemofNazareth View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Prog Folk Researcher

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 23 2016 at 13:54
I've posted this to the team thread. Sorry, I listened to her when this was posted but didn't follow up. My mistake.
"Peace is the only battle worth waging."

Albert Camus
 Post Reply Post Reply