Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Interviews
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Martin Barre reacts to latest R&RHOF snub for Tull
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedMartin Barre reacts to latest R&RHOF snub for Tull

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Martin Barre reacts to latest R&RHOF snub for Tull
    Posted: December 22 2015 at 22:13
dr wu23 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 23 2015 at 12:00
Short but interesting piece......I always wondered why Anderson wanted to go his own way. Not really explained but I suppose as one gets old you change your ways.
Nice to see that Barre is doing his own thing and happy with it but it's a shame that there can't be some Tull in there some where from time to time in between doing their solo things.
One does nothing yet nothing is left undone.
Haquin
The Dark Elf View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 23 2015 at 18:21
Originally posted by dr wu23 dr wu23 wrote:

Short but interesting piece......I always wondered why Anderson wanted to go his own way. Not really explained but I suppose as one gets old you change your ways.
Nice to see that Barre is doing his own thing and happy with it but it's a shame that there can't be some Tull in there some where from time to time in between doing their solo things.

I've lost a lot of respect for Ian over the last several years, I think, starting with that whole TAAB2 thing -- an alright album in many respects but utterly lacking any of the amazing instrumentality and genuine wit of the original, as well as omitting the band members who made Thick as a Brick tick. They might as well have used a metronome in place of drums on TAAB2, particularly when compared to the fire of Barrie Barlow, and the leads sounded like someone desperately trying to emulate Martin Barre. Ian used hired hands at union scale for TAAB2, on the original they were all family and friends, and the differences are stark. Even Gerald Bostock was a downer the second go-round.

Ian came to the Detroit area this year billed as Jethro Tull. I didn't waste my money.
...a vigorous circular motion hitherto unknown to the people of this area, but destined
to take the place of the mud shark in your mythology...
emigre80 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 23 2015 at 19:00

but if they did, you (collective PA you) would all knock them for going on way too long and not hanging it up sooner.

Yes tours, you say they're past it. Tull doesn't tour and you say that's a shame. That glass is permanently half-empty, now isn't it?
The Dark Elf View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 23 2015 at 19:30
Originally posted by emigre80 emigre80 wrote:

but if they did, you (collective PA you) would all knock them for going on way too long and not hanging it up sooner.

Yes tours, you say they're past it. Tull doesn't tour and you say that's a shame. That glass is permanently half-empty, now isn't it?

The real question is, will The Who still tour after the last two guys are dead?
...a vigorous circular motion hitherto unknown to the people of this area, but destined
to take the place of the mud shark in your mythology...
micky View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 24 2015 at 07:00
The Pedro and Micky Experience - When one no longer requires psychotropics to trip
GKR View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 08 2016 at 06:40
Originally posted by The Dark Elf The Dark Elf wrote:

I've lost a lot of respect for Ian over the last several years, I think, starting with that whole TAAB2 thing -- an alright album in many respects but utterly lacking any of the amazing instrumentality and genuine wit of the original, as well as omitting the band members who made Thick as a Brick tick. They might as well have used a metronome in place of drums on TAAB2, particularly when compared to the fire of Barrie Barlow, and the leads sounded like someone desperately trying to emulate Martin Barre. Ian used hired hands at union scale for TAAB2, on the original they were all family and friends, and the differences are stark. Even Gerald Bostock was a downer the second go-round.

Ian came to the Detroit area this year billed as Jethro Tull. I didn't waste my money.

Agree. Here in Brazil its impossible to Ian came and not be billed as Jethro Tull, because no one know that Martin Barre has left/was cast out. Sad... and I spend my money to see him. Twice.

About the interview: "I don’t want a Jethro Tull band. I need to write music. I need some power, some respect, some kudos. Then maybe I can come up with the idea of doing a world tour with all the original people of Jethro Tull."
Clap Clap Clap Clap Clap Clap Clap Clap Clap Clap Clap Clap Clap Clap Clap Clap Clap Clap Clap Clap Clap Clap Clap Clap Clap Clap Clap Clap Clap Clap Clap Clap Clap Clap Clap Clap Clap Clap Clap Clap Clap Clap Clap Clap Clap Clap Clap Clap Clap Clap Clap Clap Clap Clap Clap Clap

YOU GO MARTIN! I'am almost certain that I will not like 100% of his new Back to Steel, but understanding this new phase, the necessity of building up a persona, etc... the effort counts A LOT.

- From each according to his ability, to each according to his need.
Barbu View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 08 2016 at 11:43
Originally posted by emigre80 emigre80 wrote:

Post Reply Post Reply