Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Suggest New Bands and Artists
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedClark's Secret Identity (US) for Crossover

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Windhawk View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Clark's Secret Identity (US) for Crossover
    Posted: December 23 2015 at 12:21
I have forwarded this suggestion to the team myself, but felt like spreading the word about this band beyond that for personal reasons.

They released their debut EP yesterday through Bandcamp.
Websites I work with:

http://www.progressor.net
http://www.houseofprog.com

My profile on Mixcloud:
https://www.mixcloud.com/haukevind/
yam yam View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 23 2015 at 13:47
Short and sweet at a shade over 25 minutes, but what we have here are four excellent tracks - and definitely Crossover Prog to these ears. My only concern is that the bandcamp stream of the music on my computer sounds a bit quiet and a somewhat 'boxy' compared to other bandcamp music that I have listened to recently. Whether this is just a consequence of the fact that the stream is only a low bitrate version of the lossless files that were originally supplied, or something more deep-seated in the mixing and mastering of the recorded material, I don't know. These guys undoubtedly have great potential though - and I sincerely hope they get the nod from the team. Thumbs Up

Edited by yam yam - December 23 2015 at 19:22
MadImmortalMan View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 23 2015 at 20:32
Shane from the band here, many thanks for suggesting us!
Komandant Shamal View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 23 2015 at 21:20
^^awesome debut, congratulations! Clap
MadImmortalMan View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 23 2017 at 20:00

RETROUVAILLE (/reh-tro-‘VAI/)

-[French]: the joy of reuniting with someone after a long separation.

Pennsylvania-based band Clark’s Secret Identity is pleased to announce their third release and second EP, titled Retrouvaille.

Retrouvaille consists of four ambitious tracks (plus one interlude) creating a continuous 29-minute listening experience that is unique in their discography. This EP signals a significant detour from the band’s usual sound; the music takes a cinematic and epic approach rather than the crunchy, alternative sound of their previous album, The Promise of a Wonderful Future.

“I generally don’t like to talk about our writing influences, but with this EP I aim to capture the sound of various film soundtracks,” says songwriter Shane Anthony. “This is supposed to feel like one is viewing a short film, without the actual visuals present.” The band has looked to film composers such as Ennio Morricone, Vangelis, Danny Elfman, Mica Levi, and Atticus Ross for inspiration.

Track listing:

1. Retrouvaille

2. One Hundred Days in the Parlor

3. The Promise of a Wonderful Future

4. (nsprbl)

5. Keep Your Voice Down

Listen to Retrouvaille at www.clarkssecretidentity.com!

yam yam View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 24 2017 at 09:10
Added this EP and your previous full album 'The Promise of a Wonderful Future' to progfreak.com. The EP now appears in the 'Recent Releases' list on that site's home page, with a link to your bandcamp next to it under the beamed quavers icon (it says 'myspace' when you hover over it, but I used the bandcamp link when I added you to the database back in 2015): http://progfreak.com/.

Clark's Secret Identity were actually rejected by one 'no' vote against two 'yes' based on the initial 4-track EP, but with much more material now available it might be time for a re-evaluation. Addition to the site would require a unanimous vote in favour, being as the band was previously rejected...but that was the case in the first place anyway with just a three man Crossover team, so nothing has really changed in that respect.

Edited by yam yam - December 24 2017 at 09:14
 Post Reply Post Reply