Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Suggest New Bands and Artists
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedM-ARTel (Russia) for Jazz Rock/Fusion

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Helen View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Topic: M-ARTel (Russia) for Jazz Rock/Fusion
    Posted: December 24 2015 at 04:48
M-ARTel - instrumental jazz-rock/fusion band with a pronounced Russian flavor. It sounds like Charlie Parker jamming with Led Zeppelin, as Jimi Hendrix in John Coltrane's quartet. This band is a creative association that performs unique musical projects since 2010.

https://soundcloud.com/m-artel/sets - Here you can find and listen 3 officially released albums.

Michael Levanov - saxophones
Andrew Marukhin - keyboards
Pavel Martynenko - guitar
Alex Ryslavsky - bass
Arkady Baklagin - drums
yam yam View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 24 2015 at 08:02
Good stuff! Thumbs Up

Found two other links on the soundcloud page which are in Russian, but suggest that the band's roots may actually go back as far as 2002: http://www.m-artel.com/https://www.facebook.com/martelproject.
Komandant Shamal View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 24 2015 at 08:15
fantastic progressive fusionClap

Edited by Komandant Shamal - December 24 2015 at 08:16
Meltdowner View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 24 2015 at 08:22
I heard the latest one and it's a great and fun album. I already liked it with my Soundcloud account Thumbs Up
Guests View Drop Down
Forum Guest Group
Forum Guest Group
Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 24 2015 at 10:30
I'm sending it to the team. If they get accepted we'll need help with the info cause there isn't a lot of it in English.
Helen View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 24 2015 at 11:19
Sure I will provide anything you need to make a review ;)
Guests View Drop Down
Forum Guest Group
Forum Guest Group
Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 06 2016 at 06:48
M-Artel are accepted; if there is a biography you can provide we will add them soon enough, at this point I only found a couple of sentences in English at their soundcloud page.
Guests View Drop Down
Forum Guest Group
Forum Guest Group
Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 15 2016 at 04:22
And they're added. Any updates to the biography are welcome.
yam yam View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 15 2016 at 10:09
^ I sent Elena a message on facebook.  She hasn't checked in on here for a couple of weeks. Thumbs Up
Helen View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 19 2016 at 03:39
Sorry for my late reply! We have a VERY long winter holidays in Russia) Here it is - 

Michail Ivanov was born on November 16, 1975 in the city of Perm that later became a backdrop for the popular Russian series "Real boys". Revolutionary past of this area and the specific environment have led to the fact that he was expelled from the Perm School of Music for the fact that he had a row with the director. 

He was immediately taken into ranks of the Russian army, where Mikhail began serving in the signalman brigade, and finished in the Moscow Military District  at the rank of junior sergeant in Headquarters Band. However, the army did not attract him and young musician decided to become a civil saxophonist at his own risk. In 1997 he graduated from the jazz school in Ordynka and in 1998, to the surprise of many, he entered the Gnessin Academy, at the department at the great and terrible Professor Oseychuk. In 2002 he received the diploma that he is an expert, teacher and soloist of the dance orchestra and asked himself: "WTF?" As a session musician, performing all kinds of music, he has already proven itself with a good hand, but the role of a saxophonist on a call did not suit him.

Together with his wife, singer Natasha Levanova, and keyboardist Michail Spasibo formed the band named "Old wine in a new bottle". They thought that if only "modernize" jazz classics, put on the fashion groove and give it a modern expression, the whole world will fall at their feet with the words of gratitude and Grammy statuette.

First realized the futility keyboardist and sailed to entertain American retirees on cruise liners. Levanov family continued to stubbornly galvanize the corpse of traditional jazz. However, their efforts were not in vain. They gained invaluable arranger and performing experience, and by the end of the 2000 year band "Old wine in a new bottle" has become a permanent resident of the Moscow clubs. Michail had become a teacher, was playing in a big band of Oleg Lundstrem and George Garanyan, was working with Sergey Manukyan, Irina Shvedova, Natalya Gulkina and a certain amount of big artists.

In 2010 the "old wine" died and was reborn in a new capacity as the creative team of "M-Artel". From now on, the musicians were not related to the concept of "one team - one music", and could do everything, that allows them their professional fantasy. 

There are various projects, such as "I love 60s", "Children's Album", "Beatles on my mind" and "Assemblage point". What unites them is only a general principle of artistic musicians: "Mix it all up so your shoes fly!" and, of course, a love of music. Music, that makes us laugh and cry, love and hate, rejoice and suffer. To the music that fills our existence with meaning.

=)
Helen View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 19 2016 at 03:40
Thanks a lot! I have added the info here in forum chat)
Guests View Drop Down
Forum Guest Group
Forum Guest Group
Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 19 2016 at 04:55
Thanks, I updated the bio.
 Post Reply Post Reply