Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Suggest New Bands and Artists
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedSun Q - young band from Moscow

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Sun Q - young band from Moscow
    Posted: December 24 2015 at 11:38
Hi there! Wish you all the best in upcoming year and Merry Christmas!

I represent Sun Q band.
Hope you will like our debut EP - www.soundcloud.com/sunqband

We are inspired by the music from 70s and try to keep this vintage atmosphere, but the music is harder and maybe more agressive ) we add this contrast - female vocals and groovy catchy drums.

Please share your thoughts! It would be very helpful for us.

Thank you!

Edited by Helen - December 24 2015 at 11:39
yam yam View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 24 2015 at 13:28
And a Merry Christmas to you too Elena, and I hope the forthcoming year brings much deserved success to you and your band!

I listened to the EP and enjoyed it immensely, being very much a fan of music that features female lead vocals.

I'm not sure that this is something that would be be accepted on this site as prog, however. It sounds more like alternative rock to these ears (and there is nothing whatsoever wrong with that - 'cos this is very high quality alternative rock indeed). The EP is probably a tad on the short side too at a shade under 13 minutes total playing time, but I'm assuming that there will be more to come from you in due course - and it wouldn't take much of a shift in direction to push you into Crossover Prog territory, so you're definitely a band to keep an eye on for the future. Approve

You got a 'like' from me on facebook anyway, and Dave Simpson's review of your EP in Pure M Magazine certainly heaps plenty of praise on you!

Your EP is also on bandcamp for anyone who would like to purchase a copy, and I'm gonna embed the YouTube version of the Christmas single here since it's rapidly coming up to that time of year:

Just beautiful...!! Heart
Helen View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 25 2015 at 02:10
Thank you so much for your words and attention! We appreciate it very much.

Would be happy to share with you our next works, we plan to release a longplay upcoming spring!

Wish you all good weekend and merry holidays!
Star
yam yam View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 25 2015 at 06:29
Thank you!  I look forward to hearing the new music very much indeed! Thumbs Up
Helen View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 16 2017 at 03:08
Hello everybody!

Sun Q band from Russia has released the first longplay - CHARMS!

Charms is the embodiment of light and dark enchantments, a reinterpretation of gloomy fairy tales and a return to the mysterious essence through a search with a sense of  humor and experiments. The album fully reveals the versatility of Sun Q band: you can find there heavy blues rock, rocking stoner, space passages, psychedelic guitar solos, art-rock and lo-fi. A distinctive feature of the band is the bright passionate female vocals and the quite rare melodism, which gives Sun Q a special charm, drama and attraction. Using only analog synthesizers, unexpected percussion solo, warm hammond sound, baritone saxophone insertion and awe-inspiring attitude to the sound in general - proves that musicians have pretty huge potential and rich imagination, as well as a desire to surprise and find something new.

Bandcamp: https://sunqband.bandcamp.com/album/charms

Thank you! And waiting for your thoughts about it Smile

Guldbamsen View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Retired Admin

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 18 2017 at 04:28
I had a quick listen and it sounds pretty cool. Reminds me of Alice in Chains right around the album Dirt - if it weren't for the infusion of old school organs here and there.
I'm not sure this fits anywhere on Prog Archives though but please don't let that bring you down. Half of what I listen to these days aren't featured here either.
Cheers
“The Guide says there is an art to flying or rather a knack. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss.”

- Douglas Adams
octopus-4 View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
RIO/Avant/Zeuhl,Neo & Post/Math Teams

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 25 2017 at 05:11
I agree with Guldbamsen. Probably not prog, but it's a great rock album. I'm listening to it for the second time from bandcamp and I really like it.
Curiosity killed a cat, Schroedinger only half.
My poor home recorded stuff at https://yellingxoanon.bandcamp.com
 Post Reply Post Reply