Topic ClosedStick Men crowd funding Sheet Music book

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Stick Men crowd funding Sheet Music book
    Posted: December 29 2015 at 15:43
http://www.pledgemusic.com/projects/stick-men-scored

Quote We are excited to announce that we have been working on a sheet music book for our records ‘Absalom’ and ‘Deep’. In order to allow fans and players to delve deeper into our music, the book will feature notation and tablature (in the original tunings) of all of the stick and touch guitar parts from those records and the title tracks from ‘Open’, plus anecdotes about each song. We will be producing both physical and digital PDF versions of the score, plus a PDF version of the acoustic drum parts for Deep. All packages will also include an early version of a new studio track, entitled ‘Embracing the Sun’.

Gabriel Riccio (of Trey Gunn’s book) is creating notation for all of the parts and working closely with Markus Reuter and Tony Levin to make sure the tablature reflects exactly how the parts were played on their instruments. However, the notation will give you the tools to translate this music to another instrument of your choice, whether it be standard guitar or bass, piano, glockenspiel, or qanun. It can also serve as a study score if you’d like to analyze the music and dissect its inner workings.

Songs included:
- Absalom
- Smudge
- Big Dog
- Time’s Insane Ashes
- Pomegranate (ending & improv guidelines)
- Open (Parts 1-3) (full transcriptions of Markus’s solos)
- Nude Ascending Staircase
- On/Off
- Cusp
- Hide the Trees
- Crack in the Sky
- Horatio
- Concussion
- Sepia (Heads and improv guidelines)
- Whale Watch

If we reach 125% of our goal, we will also include our arrangement of Stravinsky’s Firebird Suite.

You will also be able to purchase digital playalong tracks to accompany the score. There will be 3 versions of each song – one without drums, one without touch guitar, and one without stick.

Your pledge is very valuable, as it will allow us to commission the transcriptions, print high quality spiral bound physical copies of the book, and mix and master the playalong tracks. If you can’t contribute, sharing the campaign will also be of great help.

Thank you,
Tony, Pat, Markus & Gabriel

Man With Hat View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Jazz-Rock/Fusion/Canterbury Team

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 02 2016 at 16:31
Lol...this seems odd.
Dig me...But don't...Bury me
I'm running still, I shall until, one day, I hope that I'll arrive
Warning: Listening to jazz excessively can cause a laxative effect.
 Post Reply Post Reply