Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Recommendations/Featured albums
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedRenaissance (circa 1977) Novella Album

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Renaissance (circa 1977) Novella Album
    Posted: January 01 2016 at 04:20
Interested in comments from persons who have had classical music training and/or classical music aficianados about the structure and arrangements of the songs on this album. In particular "Can You Hear Me?" and "The Sisters." For those persons who are currently playing/performing this style of music, do you think this is relevant to the Neo-Progressive Rock movement (Rob Reed of Magenta in Wales) coming out of the British Isles and Western Europe? With the popularity of Magenta & Christina Booth (Wales), Trans Siberian Orchestra (NYC), Mostly Autumn (York, England), etc,  will this album be of interest to newcomers of Progressive Rock/Neo Progressive Rock? Is the arrangements of the songs tastefully thought out and performed? Will those persons under 30 years of age be interested to hear this live by a local orchestra? Your respectful comments please.
Music is the lifeblood of our Soul.
kenethlevine View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Prog-Folk Team

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 13 2016 at 20:23
I wish I could help but I have little musical background.  Just somehow a great appreciation for the gravitas of the Renaissance aura that "sounds classical" to these ears, especially "Can you Hear me" from this album
 Post Reply Post Reply