Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Suggest New Bands and Artists
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedSte van Holm (Denmark) for Crossover

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Ste van Holm (Denmark) for Crossover
    Posted: January 02 2016 at 01:40
Ste van Holm is a Danish artist and composer from North Sealand, who was born in 1977 and started with playing guitar writing songs at age of 13. Since 2001, he released five well-executed full-lenght albums which are a beautiful journey through his influences like Pink Floyd, Brian Eno, Mike Oldfield, Peter Gabriel, 80s King Crimson and beyond.
Holm's recent cd "Tesla", a concept progressive rock album about the life of inventor Nikola Tesla, is released in November 2015. i suggested him to the PA' Crossover section due to his eclectic catalogue.

Edited by Komandant Shamal - January 02 2016 at 02:03
yam yam View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 02 2016 at 10:02
Despite producing six albums since 2001, he seems to be a very little-known artist. I didn't find him on RYM, and his facebook page has only 135 'likes': https://www.facebook.com/Ste-van-Holm-217893518254822/. However, he was interviewed only last week on the Progarchy website: http://progarchy.com/2015/12/28/interview-with-ste-van-holm/, so maybe this latest album will be the breakthrough one for him? He said in the interview that there’s not much of a following of progressive rock in Denmark these days. Perhaps that has something to do with his apparent lack of a fan base? Music fits the sub for the most part, so I guess he's worth an evaluation at least.

There are some (pretty decent) female vocals on several tracks of the 'Tesla' album, but no credits are given for them on the bandcamp page. I think we would need to get more info from him to be able to add his discography to his eventual page on here (if successfully cleared, that is).
Ste.van.Holm View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 20 2016 at 14:00
Hi there!

Thank you very much for your words about me!
Like you, I am for most part puzzled by the lack of following myself, but I have to admit, that I am not very good at promoting my music.

Anyway...

The credits for the Tesla album are:
Music and lyrics by Ste van Holm
Produced and engineered by Ste van Holm
Lyrics based on the writings 'My Inventions' by Nikola Tesla and 'Inventor of the electrical age' by W. Bernard Carlson
The Tesla coil melody at the end of ‘Voltage Control’ was stolen from ‘Music to go with art’ by Thomas Hillebrandt
‘Voltage Control’ contains a sample of Tom Bearden’s ‘Tom Talks Tesla’
‘Synesthesia’ includes audio excerpted from an interview with Carol Steen, produced by Nell Shaw Cohen for beyondthenotes.org

Tanja Hollerup: Vocals (Electrical Storm & Oscillations)
Julie Frey: Vocals (Macak the Cat & Synesthesia)
Minella Ribert: Vocals (Contraptions for Pigeons & A Piece of Empty Sky)
Anders Brandt: Vocals (Transatlantic) & Lead Guitars
Jesper H. Petersen: Acoustic, electric and fretless basses
Klaus Schønning: Keyboards
Emil Rønning: Lead Guitars
Ste van Holm: Acoustic, electric and barytone guitars, chapman stick, mandolin, keyboards, DuS and programming

Thanks
Ste van Holm
Evolver View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Crossover & JR/F/Canterbury Teams

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 09 2016 at 19:48
Added  to the crossover chart
Trust me. I know what I'm doing.
 Post Reply Post Reply