Forum Home Forum Home > Site News, Newbies, Help and Improvements > Welcome artists
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Perihelion Ship debut album - Opeth-style metal
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedPerihelion Ship debut album - Opeth-style metal

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Perihelion Ship debut album - Opeth-style metal
    Posted: January 22 2016 at 06:25
Hey all the proggers and metalheads alike! I used to read a lot of progarchives way back and I certainly enjoyed being here and reading all the input of different people. We'll we put this project on a couple of years back and we managed to get our album out just a couple of days ago in bandcamp:

https://perihelionship.bandcamp.com/album/a-rare-thunderstorm-in-spring

We were so inspired by Opeth that we wanted to do something similar. Of course we are also inspired by the classic prog acts which me and Jani (hammond, mellotron) were so keen into before we got into metal. Mellotron and Hammond have a constant presence in these songs and Hammond is our lead instrument as well. The guitar sounds massive and might drown the organ a little at first, but a careful listener can find it there.

It's professionally produced and it should sound good to non-metal fans as well.
Streaming is free, album costs 6€ to download. Maybe we can release CD's later but we are out of funds now.

Cheers all, hope you enjoy!
Andreas H.

Edited by Perihelion_Ship - January 22 2016 at 06:28
 Post Reply Post Reply