Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Suggest New Bands and Artists
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedThe Mute Gods (UK) for Crossover Prog

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
O666 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Topic: The Mute Gods (UK) for Crossover Prog
    Posted: January 27 2016 at 09:04
First I write band's member :

Nick Beggs
Roger King
Marco Minnemann

Great line up and pretty good music. They release their first album (I guess) " Do Nothing Till You Hear from Me" in 2016.IMO they are a Progressive Rock band with no doubt. 
Now I waiting for replies (if you like to reply) Smile

Edited by O666 - January 27 2016 at 09:08
Dorsalia View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 07 2016 at 08:39
I'm reawakening this thread because I'm listening to the incredible catchy first track on the album right now. These guys should definitely be on the site and I'm surprised no one else answered to this considering the caliber involved.

The album is very melodic and enjoyable. It's not progsturbation, but well-crafted "poppy prog" by three excellent musicians with top credentials. Production is very good and the album has a nice vibe. Plus, the packaging is beautiful. In summary, it's a recommended buy for anyone who likes these guys, and they should be added to the site as soon as possible.

Peace.
Ier View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 07 2016 at 09:43
I love them! I already wrote a review of them on my own website, would be great if I can post in on Progarchives too! 

O666 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 08 2016 at 07:52
Thanks guys. I think they (The Mute Gods) deserve to have their own page in PA. 

Edited by O666 - February 08 2016 at 07:54
Matthew _Gill View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 09 2016 at 17:32
Does anyone follow Beggsy on Facebook? 

Edited by Matthew _Gill - February 09 2016 at 17:38
O666 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 11 2016 at 10:14
I follow him NOW . 
parubio View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 11 2016 at 13:34
A "must be" in prog archives. When I first listened to it, I immediately labeled as Crossover (as understood by any progarchives follower), but as these category is not a genre itself it should be avoided for future inclusions, in my opinion, of course. New genres must be created.
memowakeman View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 11 2016 at 17:25
Oh yes.

Follow me on twitter @memowakeman
Tom Ozric View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 11 2016 at 23:27
Definitely
O666 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 12 2016 at 08:53
Originally posted by parubio parubio wrote:

A "must be" in prog archives. When I first listened to it, I immediately labeled as Crossover (as understood by any progarchives follower), but as these category is not a genre itself it should be avoided for future inclusions, in my opinion, of course. New genres must be created.

Hi.

I don't think like you in this time. Of course they (PA members) don't make a "New Genre" for one band or album now. This band deserve and "Must Be" (as you said)  in PA. I don't want to resist and fight for their Genre! and this is not my job. I suggest band's genres base on "What I Think" and "What Is Possible" in this section. 
PA define some genres and I suggest bands according to PA's definitions of genres. I hope you understand my opinion clearly. Smile
parubio View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 12 2016 at 11:06
I agree with you, suggestions have to be made according to PA genres, of course Smile. I didn't meant a "New Genre" for that band to be created, sorry if it was not clear. I posted that commentary as a suggestion for the PA member reader. As time passes by, new visions of prog emerge, so new genres/subgenres additions are just a matter of time, and PA is old enough to make a movement in that way. But that's not a topic to discuss here.

Regards
O666 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 13 2016 at 04:53
^Hi.
I get your point . You right and I agree with you IMHO . Thanks for reply and explain your opinion . Thumbs Up
O666 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 09 2016 at 08:11
Another accepted suggestion without a reply from Team's members! You ignore me and my suggestions easily. I read another suggestions . When one band or artist accepted by a Team , they (team members) reply to that post . 
Perhaps this is not important for you but I don't like to ignored by team's members. If you don't like my suggestions (as I said before), please tell me. Unhappy 
Tom Ozric View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 09 2016 at 08:23
^ The Mute Gods - a no-brainer for P.A.
It takes time for team-members to get around to everybody, especially via PM.
When you see your suggested entry listed, take it that they've taken notice of you !! Appreciate the hard 'labour of love' these few passionate members contribute to the site.
Just roll with it - now review the album (I'm waiting for a vinyl copy to arrive) and be happy
Windhawk View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 09 2016 at 08:31
Originally posted by O666 O666 wrote:

Another accepted suggestion without a reply from Team's members! You ignore me and my suggestions easily. I read another suggestions . When one band or artist accepted by a Team , they (team members) reply to that post . 
Perhaps this is not important for you but I don't like to ignored by team's members. If you don't like my suggestions (as I said before), please tell me. Unhappy 

In the case of the 20 or so artists I added the last few days, I did notify indeed. I am not a team member however, so I only notified in the threads of the artists I added myself - of which this addition wasn't one. 26 artists were added to the Crossover part of the database, and none of the ones suggested in this part of the forum were notified by a team member. I do so as part of the process when I add bands as a habit of old, but noone is required to do so. That is something I choose to do from a personal point of view, and not something the team members are required to do to my knowledge.

My apologies if my personal stance on handling such cases made you feel like you were left out in the cold.
Websites I work with:

http://www.progressor.net
http://www.houseofprog.com

My profile on Mixcloud:
https://www.mixcloud.com/haukevind/
O666 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 09 2016 at 09:02
Hi. 
I agree with you. I like to find new bands and suggest them in PA with or without replies.
I don't talked about you. You always be very positive . You completed suggestions with your information, for example in "The Arc Light Sessions" suggestion post. 
I added some bands in PA and I got replies when they were accepted. I don't know why but it (accepted posts without replies) make me sad!
Thanks for your reply and I appreciate. 
 Post Reply Post Reply