Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog News, Press Releases
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Ozric Tentacles tour equipment flooded, let`s help
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedOzric Tentacles tour equipment flooded, let`s help

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Ozric Tentacles tour equipment flooded, let`s help
    Posted: January 29 2016 at 09:24
Long story short - their instruments as well as tour equipment have been flooded as it`d been stored in England. Just when they were about to start European tour comprising of about 20-30 dates... Brandi, the manager and bass player, says the tour is still on, they would eventually buy and borrow stuff to do so as it the first she really set from the begginings with no use of any agency. She asked fans who`d like to help to go to their page and buy some stuff to help them, there`s also fundraising event set up by another OT forums member.

full post on facebook made by Brandi  (you don`t require an account to read it) - lots to read, full background and plans described

online shop

fundraiser event

the list of upcoming shows
Man With Hat View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Jazz-Rock/Fusion/Canterbury Team

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 29 2016 at 22:22
Jesus...they can't buy a break...
Dig me...But don't...Bury me
I'm running still, I shall until, one day, I hope that I'll arrive
Warning: Listening to jazz excessively can cause a laxative effect.
Tom Ozric View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 29 2016 at 22:37
Oh man this incident pains me no end.................I'm so angry at these guys these days - they do passable stuff but it lacks the 'magic' that I crave............for starters ; if they would make their way to Australia this would be awesome - even more so if it were in Queensland........... I'll have a look into this situation, I love them with all my heart regardless,......... Let's see what happens..............(judging by Technicians, no need for a bass guitar to be replaced.......... - even though Brandi is MORE than capable...................)
Atavachron View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 29 2016 at 23:29
That's a real shame; though many, many bands have had these kinds of things (and worse) happen.   I'm not an Ozrics fan, though this request is far more understandable then when Pomplamoose starting asking for "donations" so they could keep going--  they lost a lot of credibility and fans.

It's a long way to the top if you wanna rock 'n roll.   And not nearly as lucrative as it used to be.

"Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought."   -- John F. Kennedy
JD View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 30 2016 at 07:44
I feel the pain.

Horror road stories 1 and 2.

Back around 1982'ish I was doing sound for BUSKER. A progressive duo, keyboards and drums. We were playing in a beach resort town called Grand Bend. One particular night it was stormy  and pouring like hell so we knew we'd have an over packed house. The band was on stage and tuning up just getting ready to do the first set. Now you have to understand, when I say keyboards it was not just a piano. It was a Hammond D with full bass pedals, Yamaha CP70 Electric Baby Grand, Minimoog, Calavinet, Solina Sting ensemble, ARP 2600. All of a sudden the ceiling opens up and a deluge of water comes flooding down all over the keyboard side of the stage, and I do mean a deluge. Turns out a bartender turned on an exhaust fan to clear out some of the lingering smoke (back when you could smoke in bars) and the water was so high on the roof that it overflowed the fan housing lip and poured into the club. Needless to say to was a disaster. The keyboard player and I spent almost an hour dismantling all the keyboards, opening them up and drying them with whatever we could get our hands on. The band eventually when on around 11, but the hum and buzz of wet electronics was a killer.  That's story #1, story 2 is the same sort of thing, happened at another gig where we were called in at the last minute by the booking agent to cover for another band which had been booked but whose lead singer had come down with laryngitis. This time a sprinkler header broke and soaked the stage. It can't get much worse for a band who relies so much on electronics.
Thank you for supporting independently produced music
The Dark Elf View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 30 2016 at 08:29
Originally posted by JD JD wrote:

I feel the pain.

Horror road stories 1 and 2.

Back around 1982'ish I was doing sound for BUSKER. A progressive duo, keyboards and drums. We were playing in a beach resort town called Grand Bend.
Grand Bend, Ontario? Been there several times. Have friends in Forest and used to camp at the Pinery. Where were you playing at?
...a vigorous circular motion hitherto unknown to the people of this area, but destined
to take the place of the mud shark in your mythology...
 Post Reply Post Reply