Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 20 2016 at 04:27
Originally posted by EddieRUKiddingVarese EddieRUKiddingVarese wrote:

Originally posted by sleeper sleeper wrote:

Go Ricciardo, well second still do again

At least he does not have cheaty engines 
All engines are legal, it's hardly Mercedes fault that Renault and Honda have done a bad job (the Ferrari engine is actually pretty good, fairly close to the Merc on performance, they've just got a sh*t car).

Congrats to Pagenaud, not surprised he's champion, the way he drove for Schmidt Peterson made it clear he was one of the top talents in the series.
All engines are legal, it's hardly Mercedes fault
Then why are they under scrutiny................

In 3 years of use of this engine there has never been any real rumours of them cheating in any way whatsoever. As for being under close scrutiny, they're the dominant team it would be very weird if they weren't but in this case it's looking for the details that have made theirs the best engine.
Spending more than I should on Prog since 2005

EddieRUKiddingVarese View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 20 2016 at 06:58

Go Ricciardo, well second still do again

At least he does not have cheaty engines 
All engines are legal, it's hardly Mercedes fault that Renault and Honda have done a bad job (the Ferrari engine is actually pretty good, fairly close to the Merc on performance, they've just got a sh*t car).

Congrats to Pagenaud, not surprised he's champion, the way he drove for Schmidt Peterson made it clear he was one of the top talents in the series.
All engines are legal, it's hardly Mercedes fault
Then why are they under scrutiny................

In 3 years of use of this engine there has never been any real rumours of them cheating in any way whatsoever. As for being under close scrutiny, they're the dominant team it would be very weird if they weren't but in this case it's looking for the details that have made theirs the best engine.

The you go - so there is something to it- I don't like Hammy anyway and glad he didn't win in Singapore- he's a bad loser
"Everyone is born with genius, but most people only keep it a few minutes"
and I need the knits, the double knits!
Vompatti View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 02 2016 at 04:33
Bad luck for both Mercedes drivers today, but it's starting to look like Nico is more likely to win the championship.
noni View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 02 2016 at 04:38
Crap!!!...  All round!!!!!!!!!!!!!!ConfusedSleepy
Man With Hat View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Jazz-Rock/Fusion/Canterbury Team

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 02 2016 at 14:57
Madness. Shame nico got spun there at the first corner...would've been a great points day. But a good drive nevertheless.
Dig me...But don't...Bury me
I'm running still, I shall until, one day, I hope that I'll arrive
Warning: Listening to jazz excessively can cause a laxative effect.
JJLehto View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 02 2016 at 15:12
Ricciardo! 
Finally that first win. Was wondering how much longer he'd let himself be showed up by MaxLOL

5 races is waaaaaay too much time in F1. That said, 33 points is an OK lead at this point in the season. Nico has pretty much no wiggle room, if Hami was to pop off, this sucks in a way lol I now am left with actual hope Nico can win, so may be more crushing if he blows it (for a 2nd time)
That said, go Nico!!
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 02 2016 at 15:55
Go Ricciardo, winning is best
MillsLayne View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 02 2016 at 16:42
Originally posted by JJLehto JJLehto wrote:

Ricciardo! 
Finally that first win. Was wondering how much longer he'd let himself be showed up by MaxLOL

5 races is waaaaaay too much time in F1. That said, 33 points is an OK lead at this point in the season. Nico has pretty much no wiggle room, if Hami was to pop off, this sucks in a way lol I now am left with actual hope Nico can win, so may be more crushing if he blows it (for a 2nd time)
That said, go Nico!!
I'd rather Nico win it this year, too, but if Hamilton comes back, I'm going to laugh.  
SteveG View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 03 2016 at 12:15
Now, this makes up for Monaco! Well, almost. LOL
This message was brought to you by a proud supporter of the Deep State.
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 03 2016 at 21:49
Its the Bathurst 1000 motor race again in Oz this weekend coming. Below is some vids of some the hightlights (crashes) of the years- since the early 60's. Watch those Mini's go and bigger stuff............. The race was open (not any longer) to all engine sizes up to over 5000cc! with Fords and others running 5.8ltr monsters. Let the carnage begin..........Devil 

Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 03 2016 at 22:36
^I can't wait for Bathurst!  The Superview feed better not crap out on me like some of the other races this season, though.
sleeper View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 04 2016 at 04:33
Missed the race as I was at Summers End this weekend, but good to see Ricciardo getting another win, kind of makes up for Monaco. A real shame for Hamilton though, all the bad luck at Mercedes seems to be going his way, he'll need to win at least the next 2-3 races to properly put himself back into contention, but Japan this weekend and he's good at Suzuka.

Bathursts always fun, as well as Craig Lowndes I'm rooting for Simona De Silvestro to do well on her one off before she switches to the series full time next year.

sleeper View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 07 2016 at 06:19
Suzuka this weekend, Rosberg was fastest by a small margin in practice today, still expect Hamilton to win though.

Newgarden has signed for Penske next year, replacing Montoya. Yet to be seen what JPM will do next year.

Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 07 2016 at 06:42
Bathurst starts tomorrow but will be a sad on this year as Today Ford Oz built their last Oz made Falcon, ending 91 years of Ford manufacture in Aust and ending local Ford V8 and big 6's here. GM are following next year- so no more Commodores and Vauxhall (Pontiac) GTO V8 beasts no more in Oz either.......... very sad - bloody Americans- they actually expected to make money building cars here for the local Oz market with big V8's, at least we pulled the wool over their eyes for many a year lol and got some good beasts but now Gig is up :(
sleeper View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 08 2016 at 04:48
Pontiac's a dead brand, has been for a few years now. I'd at least expect the Holden name to stick around, haven't seen anything to suggest GM is killing that off at least, even if they are moving car production out of Australia.

Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 08 2016 at 05:59
Holden is a dead brand if they are not producing cars no point using the name- will have no meaning anymore in Oz and no brand loyality anymore............. Just as dead as Pontiac.
SteveG View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 08 2016 at 08:12

Suzuka this weekend, Rosberg was fastest by a small margin in practice today, still expect Hamilton to win though.

Newgarden has signed for Penske next year, replacing Montoya. Yet to be seen what JPM will do next year.
JPM will drive for Ganassi, or Ed Carpenter or Dale Coyne or... 
This message was brought to you by a proud supporter of the Deep State.
JJLehto View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 08 2016 at 08:29
Nico on pole for Suzuka!

Poor JPM, but honestly....can't say it's not warranted. Newgarden had a good year, was hoping to see him promoted. Of course that'd mean someone has to be dropped and of the 4 Penske's there was a pretty clear weakest link. Still good for Newgarden.

Ah Bathurst...one helluva course. Sadly it's obscurer than obscure here. I only know about it all thanks to TOCA (a fairly obscure racing game lol) that had the track, loved it. Played it for the first time online and not knowing what to expect, (besides crashing around) I flew off the track flippingLOL
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 09 2016 at 01:55
Originally posted by JJLehto JJLehto wrote:

Ah Bathurst...one helluva course. Sadly it's obscurer than obscure here. I only know about it all thanks to TOCA (a fairly obscure racing game lol) that had the track, loved it. Played it for the first time online and not knowing what to expect, (besides crashing around) I flew off the track flippingLOL

Same.  The TOCA series was actually my introduction to the series as a whole, so you could say that I owe my love for Bathurst and the Supercars to Codies. LOL  And yeah, I still can't quite figure the course out (the latest iteration in Project CARS).

BTW, The Great Race did not disappoint.  The first half was domination by Whincup and Dumbrell with zero safety cars, so not a whole lot going on.  Pretty much once the halfway point hit, boom, safety cars after safety car, and it changed the complexity of the race completely.  Fast forward to a handful of laps left when Whincup decides to dive bomb Scott McLaughlin, putting him off into the grass, while Garth Tander tried to take advantage, but unfortunately, Jamie decided to redress right in front of Tander, causing him to make to a move to avoid him, sending him into a merging McLaughlin and causing both to DNF.  Whincup was handed a 15 second post race penalty, and essentially set up for a shootout between Will Davison, the eventual winner, and Shane Van Gisbergen.  Great finish and racing all around, although it was a shame to see every driver I like have issues with Scotty being punted off at the end, Frosty having brake issues and Lowndsy with transmission issues early on.  Just happy that neither Whincup nor SVG got the win.

Edited by MillsLayne - October 09 2016 at 02:03
JJLehto View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 09 2016 at 02:36
It was hilarious. I was talking with someone online,and was like WTF WTF is all this. 
He said, "just take it easy oh and make sure you break at the top of the (one part) because I've seen people fly of-" (me: OH f**k!)  "yeah like that"LOL

A great game, and some great courses ya didn't see in other games. 

Japanese GP and the winner is Nico! Clap 9th win of the season. Getting closer and closer to that title. 
Pretty typical race, in fact top 10 were the top 10.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1213141516 19>