Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345
Author
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Retired Admin

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 24 2016 at 08:59
My bad
Not quite sure why but I was thinking of the Yugoslavian act Buldozer
“The Guide says there is an art to flying or rather a knack. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss.”

- Douglas Adams
Meltdowner View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 24 2016 at 10:32
Originally posted by Guldbamsen Guldbamsen wrote:

It is however very well done and while I don't run to it as I hate all forms of running - I do use it as a soundtrack for cycling and it works.
I'm the exact opposite, I don't remember the last time I used my bicycle but I run every week Tongue I hate listening to music while running though.
Nogbad_The_Bad View Drop Down
Forum & Site Admin Group
Forum & Site Admin Group
RIO/Avant/Zeuhl & Eclectic Team

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 24 2016 at 11:42

Originally posted by Nogbad_The_Bad Nogbad_The_Bad wrote:

I'd have given Uz Jsme Doma - Tri Knzky a pretty good rating if I'd had it last year. Similarly Hooffoot would have been higher for me.

Uz Jsme Doma with a new album last year? Must've slided under my radar. Really dig their 70s output.

Didn't look like it was broadly distributed, I bought direct from the band at RIO.
Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on Progrock.com

https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-avant-jazzcore-happy-hour/
Guldbamsen View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Retired Admin

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 24 2016 at 12:04

I'd have given Uz Jsme Doma - Tri Knzky a pretty good rating if I'd had it last year. Similarly Hooffoot would have been higher for me.

Uz Jsme Doma with a new album last year? Must've slided under my radar. Really dig their 70s output.

Didn't look like it was broadly distributed, I bought direct from the band at RIO.

Looked them up on PA and it turns out I ha e exactly squat of their output. Also looked up Buldozer to see where my mind had fumbled. Turns out the Yugoslavian titles of their albums may have lead me astray...
Aaaanyway what is a good starting point to Uz Jsme Doma?

Edited by Guldbamsen - October 24 2016 at 12:08
“The Guide says there is an art to flying or rather a knack. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss.”

- Douglas Adams
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Retired Admin

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 24 2016 at 12:07
Originally posted by Meltdowner Meltdowner wrote:

It is however very well done and while I don't run to it as I hate all forms of running - I do use it as a soundtrack for cycling and it works.
I'm the exact opposite, I don't remember the last time I used my bicycle but I run every week Tongue I hate listening to music while running though.

I run for the bus if I'm late - yeah I also run after children that misbehave or similarly are trying fit down a blender. That's about it regarding running (and this is coming from a guy who's lost 25 kilos since February;). Cycling is and has always been my thing. Brilliant way of listening to music as long as one keeps an eye on the road and the traffic.

- Douglas Adams
Man With Hat View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Jazz-Rock/Fusion/Canterbury Team

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 24 2016 at 12:47

Looked them up on PA and it turns out I ha e exactly squat of their output. Also looked up Buldozer to see where my mind had fumbled. Turns out the Yugoslavian titles of their albums may have lead me astray...
Aaaanyway what is a good starting point to Uz Jsme Doma?

I'd say Unloved World and Fairytales From Needland are their best.
Dig me...But don't...Bury me
I'm running still, I shall until, one day, I hope that I'll arrive
Warning: Listening to jazz excessively can cause a laxative effect.
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Retired Admin

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 24 2016 at 12:51
Thanks Phil - you're a peach

- Douglas Adams
Forum & Site Admin Group
Forum & Site Admin Group

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 24 2016 at 13:13
I like Caves a lot and Fairytales From Needland. Fairytales has just had a rerelease with improved sound and a bit of a different take on some of the tracks. 
Ian

Meltdowner View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 24 2016 at 13:37

I run for the bus if I'm late - yeah I also run after children that misbehave or similarly are trying fit down a blender. That's about it regarding running (and this is coming from a guy who's lost 25 kilos since February;). Cycling is and has always been my thing. Brilliant way of listening to music as long as one keeps an eye on the road and the traffic.
25 kilos? That's impressive Clap I was thinking that maybe it's a cultural thing, unlike Denmark, Portugal is really not a cycling friendly country. I have the impression that most people use the bycicle not by option but when they have no other way to go somewhere Tongue
Mascodagama View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 24 2016 at 13:44

Fairytales has just had a rerelease with improved sound and a bit of a different take on some of the tracks. 

I got that and I think it's peachy Thumbs Up

For people in Europe, this is a good place to get their albums:

I got swift delivery to the UK at a fair price.  I think there are probably many other treasures to be found there too, that I have not yet discovered.

Collaborator
Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 24 2016 at 13:49

I'd have given Uz Jsme Doma - Tri Knzky a pretty good rating if I'd had it last year.  

I didn't get that one yet, but I think it is a kind of "best of, re-arranged and re-recorded".  Per Google translate from the indies.eu site:

Group UJD had set for its thirtieth anniversary for their fans, several large events. Three crosses the new album, which contains a selection of the best songs of the band's thirty year existence. Bangers chosen partly themselves fans, but who will also see new, very radical arrangements. When the band exists for 30 years, this is cause for celebration. In addition, when these 30 years filled with thousands of successful concerts, touring dozens of countries and highly appreciated line of albums, it's a reason to celebrate even more. But because the band already have at home is not only a survivor myself, but a living, active, energetic and inspiring body, this celebration just sort of a nice point in its unremitting history. Prior to 15 years ago, we already went home CD 15 drops of water, a kind of Best of the period. It is a compilation of existing recordings. Now, to its 30 years, is in place next compilation. But this time the band decided to record their songs again and in a completely or partially new coats. Jassica exchanged the piano for guitar, Hollywood has become a bit of Latin, in a Corrosion occurs Wallachian Notecka and waltz to 4 times the Mariana Islands for a moment becomes a song to a campfire, and so it is song after song, sometimes more, sometimes less. The songs on this album were half-selected fans themselves and their new names are also small test for the audience, whether they assign names of the original ... The compilation is called Three crosses and Martin Velíšek again did not disappoint. On the packaging appears hill with three crosses, essential playhouse, boom and deer (time rather reindeer), and because it is a hill can not be missing skiers. Křížcích hangs on three characters - a writer, musician and painter, word, music and pictures. At the intersection of these three categories all what I have at home in 30 years did originated and can be expected in the future will emerge.

So probably a good point of entry.  Think I need to place an order before too long.

Edited by Mascodagama - October 24 2016 at 14:23
Forum & Site Admin Group
Forum & Site Admin Group

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 24 2016 at 14:27
Yes, it doesn't feel like a best of, there's enough different stuff going on for it to be worthy even for people with most of their stuff.
Ian

Collaborator
Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 24 2016 at 14:36

Yes, it doesn't feel like a best of, there's enough different stuff going on for it to be worthy even for people with most of their stuff.

I guess you're likely to get more of a coherent 'real album' feel when the current lineup plays all the pieces and changes things up to make them their own.  A great idea I reckon, more bands should think like this - and give people who already have all the original tracks a much better incentive to get it.
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Retired Admin

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 28 2016 at 10:55
Originally posted by Meltdowner Meltdowner wrote:

25 kilos? That's impressive Clap I was thinking that maybe it's a cultural thing, unlike Denmark, Portugal is really not a cycling friendly country. I have the impression that most people use the bycicle not by option but when they have no other way to go somewhere Tongue

Yup completely missed this...
Thanks man - feels a whole lot lighter. Now I just need the pinched nerve running down my leg to come back to life (now on it's 8 month wuhuu!!!), so I can finally get my mojo back and start walking normally, then life will be good.
You've got a point about the culture thing. You can drive your bike to just about anywhere in Denmark...in the designated bike lane.

- Douglas Adams
omphaloskepsis View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 02 2017 at 17:33
It's getting close to 2016 Collaborates top albums.  Look forward to it!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345